Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:55 PM
xozmax
Fire Beetle

Ok im getting a casting/attack bug where I cannot cast any spells so it is currently unplayable atm for me which is quite annoying.

Any spell I try to cast I get a message saying " this spell cannot be cast while out of combat "

Doing this on my warrior clickies as well as druid, shaman, grp buffs as well as any other normal buff/spell

Not sure if theres a fix for this yet but thought I would note it more descriptively for the attack/cast bug
Old 04-30-2010, 12:13 PM
trevius
Developer

That means the spell file you are using does not match the spell file the server is using. You will probably need to download a custom spell file for the server you are playing on.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:38 PM
xozmax
Fire Beetle

Hmm that's what I originally thought. Im on EZ Server and have tried both the SoF and Titanium files and have had no luck, however I have heard that no one has had problems with the custom spell files.

I tried a fresh install this time and am backing up original spell file and im going to try it again.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:39 PM
trevius
Developer

Also, make sure that when you change your spell file, that you completely exit all EQ windows currently open and restart EQ for the change to take effect.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Pyronasty
Fire Beetle

Just a minor bug/nonfunctional feature. The item stats window that pulls up when you right click, the "modified" and "unmodified" button switches as it should, but the stat readout remains the same instead of toggling.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 PM
trevius
Developer

Technically, that isn't really a bug, or at least not the kind of bug this thread is for. This thread is here for bugs for things in SoD (or even SoF) that work properly in Titanium, but not in SoD/SoF. In this case, the modified button is a new feature that didn't exist in Titanium, so it isn't really a bug. I would consider that a new feature and as with many of the new features in the new clients, they just haven't been coded/added yet and are not a high priority. If something works right in Titanium, but not in SoD/SoF, that is the type of thing I am looking for reports on here.

If something is buggy in Titanium and also in SoD/SoF, that is also not something that should be reported in this thread. That would just be a general EQEmu bug that effects all clients.

I do appreciate the reports, though. If there is something you are unsure of, always feel free to post it and we can tell you if it belongs in this thread or not. I definitely don't want to scare people off from reporting bugs. You will never be flamed for posting something incorrectly here.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

if this wasn't reported before, our players reporting that under SoD cleric and enchanter pets are controllable for some reason
Old 09-04-2010, 05:47 PM
sweaty_palms
Fire Beetle

Default SoD skill and AA ability bugs

I just started using the SoD client and noticed a couple things.

When I try to train a Vetren AA, the skill disappears and does not show up on the AA page anymore after its been trained, so I can not make a hotkey.

]
The other thing is, on my ranger the tracking skill and the bow skills seem to be broken, tracking does not lvl up nor does it even locate a mob that is right in front of me, even the mobs that I am attacking. The bow skill, I can ping arrows at a target and it will not lvl up past what I have trained at the gm which is still at lvl 10 or so.

Forage is appears to be not lvling up either .. I am getting foraged items but the skill is at 50/75.

If I find anymore I will be sure to post thanks for all the hard work you guys do for us.
P.S. I forgot to mention my friend who is using the titanium client has none of these issues on his ranger.

Last edited by sweaty_palms; 09-04-2010 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-04-2010, 07:16 PM
trevius
Developer

What server are you having those issues on, sweaty_palms? None of those are issues I have seen on any recent SVN releases. Maybe you are playing on a server that is behind in code quite a bit.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:24 PM
sweaty_palms
Fire Beetle

Default SoD skill and AA ability bugs

Irreverent solo server

also a new bug ... I cannot click off buffs.

And Thanks again

Also I cannot log into some servers that say they support SoD, but as long as I can get into peq when it comes back up it wont matter much. IF none of these bugs are on peq then they wont matter much to me either when it comes up again.

Last edited by sweaty_palms; 09-04-2010 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: added
Old 09-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Derision
Developer

There have been two versions of SoD on Steam. If you look in your EQ folder, in the logs\dbg.txt file, on the first line:

If it says:
Code:
(Built Dec 19 2008 15:22:49)
Then this is the first version that was available and works very well.

If it says:
Code:
(Built Jun  8 2010 16:44:32)
Then this is an updated version, that is sometimes referred to as the 'Underfoot' client. Servers that haven't updated their code in a couple of months may not support this version. The code support is not so good for this version and may be the cause of the bugs you are seeing.

People who downloaded the 'original' version of SoD from Steam and who didn't copy the game elsewhere, or disable Steam from automatically updating it will also have been upgraded to the 'Underfoot' version.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:25 PM
sweaty_palms
Fire Beetle

Default SoD bugs

Alright thanks for the info .. I am going to check the version and if need be re-download it tonight, after i play some : D

Once again thanks for the info.