Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Thanks for the sticky! =)
Old 04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

0.0.2.1 ALPHA
http://www.mediafire.com/?3uwad25go1fdm

* Fixed serious bug in loading of bots equipment profiles.
* Testing threading of loading db schema and data in Database Management
Old 04-18-2012, 04:14 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

hey, having a bit of a problem...

once all info put in, it stays stuck on splash screen and just says loading server.... forever...any suggestions?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:19 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

I know what the problem is - a part of the loading process errored out and causes a 'chain reaction crash' with no visible error.

which part i'm not sure yet.

you filled out *everything* and checked all boxes? (so i can try and replicate the error)
Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
kimura
Hill Giant

I filled out all required fields, i will try again and post back
Old 04-20-2012, 09:01 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

ok, if it's easier - let me know what you *didn't* fill in
Old 04-27-2012, 12:49 AM
Uleat
Developer

nosfentora,
I'm toying around with an idea for an EQEmu front-end. I want it to install/compile/config/update/etc... but after seeing ServerAdmin, it almost doesn't make sense to take on too much functionality if your program already offers much of the same.

Would you be offended with a competing admin suite or would you rather see something that compliments SA? I haven't started any 'real' coding and don't even know if my skills will let me finish it to begin with...

Thanks for your opinion!
Uleat
Old 04-27-2012, 03:38 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Hey - wouldn't be offended at all. If you want i can give you the source to SA (it's all VB.NET). You can decide if you want to help with the project or take the ideas and go a different way with them.

PM me if you're interested.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
nosfentora,
I'm toying around with an idea for an EQEmu front-end. I want it to install/compile/config/update/etc... but after seeing ServerAdmin, it almost doesn't make sense to take on too much functionality if your program already offers much of the same.

Would you be offended with a competing admin suite or would you rather see something that compliments SA? I haven't started any 'real' coding and don't even know if my skills will let me finish it to begin with...

Thanks for your opinion!
Uleat
What do you actually plan on having this front-end do?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:37 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I assure you this is a huge undertaking - this tool uses code from my tools, and that my friend took 5 years to write and get right. What you propose will be quite a feat. I also do not encourage duplication of work, but this project is unique in some ways, and meets an unmet need, hence my support for it.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 04-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Uleat
Developer

Ultimately, I'm shooting for something like this:

Console Configuration:
Will determine if console is to be used as 'local-only', 'LAN-based private', 'LAN-based public' or 'WAN-based public'. Should auto-acquire current IP and Gateway. Will let the user determine if Allaclone/Custom web-hosting should be installed..All download/install/config/update functions will have a manual override option. Can latch onto a current server install. Command-line text is editable.

Command-Line Software Download/Auto-Install:
I will have to check legality of this due to certain EULA download agreements..back-up to Install Instructions for anything questionable.

Multiple/Independent World Server Configuration:
Console can host multiple world servers running from independent server directories and databases..Auto-generated config files based on options. Each server is added to the console as an object and has the option of running a 'current' or previous 'rev', or even 'test' build. (I did verify that the emulator can run multiple instances..resources need to changed..didn't set up an actual second server and login yet though.) Built-in browsers for Emulator HTTP, AllaClone and Custom web browsing..no additional functionality other than brower, nothing outside of local domain (per browser) should be allowed.

Multiple/Remote Login Server Configuration:
Same as above..essentially. Remote hosts, of course, are just structured info types. Once a Login Server is created, it becomes available to the world server object.

AllaClone-per-WS support:
If the console was configured to support web-hosting and is enabled on the WS object, each WS will have it's own directory in /apache/../httpin/. In addition to ../<worldserver>/AllaClone/, I'm thinking of adding ../<worldserver>/<custom>/ to allow anyone drop in ready-made scripts.

Remote Database Support:

Again, these are the main concepts I'm looking at, but not all inclusive. I'd like, at the very least, some very basic emu and db interaction..not so detailed since there are many great tools already out there. And adding too much power can lead to people trashing their db's and filling up the forums with support questions.

I just remember my acute learning curve when getting my server up and running and thought this might be something that I could focus on in my spare time..other than eq, of course

(added..)
Each world server object will actually bind the executable's com window to a text window. Still don't know if I can capture the zone.exe com since it is launched internally to eqlaunch.exe.

Last edited by Uleat; 04-27-2012 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: I forgot..
Old 04-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Uleat
Developer

Default Considering EQEmu Console Project Thread

To be honest, my skills are pretty old... I started out by learning BASIC on a TI-99/4a and Trash-80 CoCo. I taught myself Assembly to some degree, but what is an 11-year old suppose to do in a pre-web era. (watching a dot moving around on the screen gets pretty old fairly quick..although I did manage to capture and playback about 20k of scratchy bitmapped audio using my attached tape deck storage medium.)

In the last 6 years or so, I finally decided to take up OOP over Line coding and loaded up an old copy of VB5.0 that I had laying around. I'm still working on .net concepts and my understanding of C++ is about this much ->||<- (I can see what's going on, but don't understand the file structures (i.e., .h vs. .cpp) and library calls so much.)

Obviously, my current intent is to work on a VB version of this and see where it goes.

I may start an EQEmu Console Project thread once I get my concept diagrammed and processes a little more congealed so I don't hi-jack this one
Old 04-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Uleat
Developer

Please discuss any posts concerning my Console project here:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...274#post209274

Thanks for the timeshare Nos!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Hello all and first off nos and George thank you for the work on this awesome tool so far. I gotta Q though and I'll admit my newbness. I used to play on an emu long before titanium even and ran a personal server to pass time.

Well a few computers and upgrades later I figured I'll attempt this again and use on of my older shells and make a server computer for file sharing and as my emu server. ( granted it's still only a single core, kinda guessing a quad core would possibly work better. Or I figure out how to make the server use multiple computers. )

Well so far so good and things seem to be up and running. A few of the things for configuration I dont understand what they are actually asking for so I left those blank. These were areas like server binaries folder. ( assuming thats where my world.exe and such are but not sure, remember newb :P but learning )

So while I can access the DB and such just fine, the main status page does not show the status of world server and such, nor an option to start them. But thats most likely due to the error at the bottom of that page stat
Now the question I have is in using the tools on the machine I am gaming from I seem to access the DB just fine from the server machine, but the main page where it shows the status does not seem to work and I get an error connecting to there. ( says make sure remote administration is enabled )

Is there some other remote admin thing I need to place access to beyond mysql that I proably am guessing I overlooked?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Follow up posting ( so newb I couldnt figure out how to edit my last post :/ )

From doing some searching and stuff. I am guessing the enabling remote administration thing might be more of a windows issue since the stats monitors processes? If so then I might not be able to use that portion on my server box which is XP:Home which appears to not have that ability like XP:Pro does.

Edit:Addition-

Ok weird, the edit button showed up on this post just fine. Maybe it fades off from a post after a certain amount of time?