Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:20 PM
KingMort
Banned

Default Rules Question

It seems a lot of the players I have are Missing more frequent than ever before when attacking with weapons (melee) .. Is there a rule that I can adjust to fix this or is this some other issue entirely ? The amount of misses during a fight is extreme they miss like 85-90% of the time even though procs do seem to go off the weapon itself misses.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:53 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

There is a rule to control base hit chance. The following is set to default value so adjust however you see fit.

Code:
update rule_values set rule_value = 69 where rule_name = 'Combat:BaseHitChance';
I would bet you have an issue some where other than base hit chance.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
KingMort
Banned

Right it could be a Level thing.. I think people under level 70 are fine but those over 70 have weird issues with missing a whole lot. That has NEVER been a problem before until recently so is there some level blockage in the Combat code now or whats going on there?

Mort
Old 05-03-2011, 02:24 PM
trevius
Developer

Could be an issue with how you have stats set on your NPCs. There was a big rewrite on how AC is dealt with to make it more important. So, if your NPCs have really high AC you might try adjusting that and see if it helps normalize your DPS a bit. There are also a few new rules in relation to the (fairly) new AC changes.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM
KingMort
Banned

This was just normal mobs with no ac at all.. People are missing 8 or 9 times out of 10 swings, I thought maybe it was a skills thing so i set their skills manually and still didn't change it.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:50 AM
trevius
Developer

If you have AC set to 0 on them, then I am pretty sure the server uses an AC formula for calculating it based on level. Your higher level NPCs would probably have some very high AC (from the formula), which could be the cause of your issue. Try setting an NPC to 1AC and see if that makes any difference.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:11 AM
trevius
Developer

Mort, I think this thread might have the solution to your issue:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...458#post199458
Old 05-06-2011, 03:16 PM
KingMort
Banned

Thanks a ton Trev, and nice work on that code fix.. I think that will fix my issue for sure (have yet to have a player test but on my GM char it seemed to be much better)

Now to figure out the darn SOD / SOF issue, i have about 10 core drops to go through that hopefully will point to exactly what that issue is but time will tell I suppose..

Mort