Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-04-2021, 10:58 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Exclamation Elder Dragons, Heart of Heroes - made to stay, made for heroes!

On July 1, 2021 we will celebrate the opening of our server with a big contest.
Win cash prizes worth a total of $1,000.

Read more on our website: https://elderdragons.com

What makes us different from other servers? The first thing to mention is the professional IT background of the operators. If we're gonna do something, we do it right. We are financially independent and do not rely on donations to run the server. Unlike other Velious/Classic servers, we always give the player the freedom of choice. No matter if he wants to play strictly classic or if he prefers for example the Luclin models, it is possible. Our server is not based on another copy of PEQ. The database and the quests are unique.

OUR SERVER POLICY

OUR VISION
- Recreating the golden Velious Era with all classic zones and classic inspired gameplay.
- High quality custom quests, carefully designed in a way that they do not interfere with the original feeling of the game.
- Providing a stable and well balanced home for players.
- Challenging and rewarding long-term game play.
- Not made for multiboxers or players who want to reach everything as fast as possible.
- Single Box Server (exceptions for family on request).
- Zero tolerance for cheats like MQ2 and any kind of automated gameplay.
- This project comes from EQ enthusiasts and is made for EQ enthusiasts. No donations needed or wanted.

FEATURES
- Professionally hosted in a data center. Will be there for many years. It is made to stay!
- All zones of the Velious Era in their classic versions.
- Unique handmade database including all beloved classic items.
- Every single quest has been revised and adjusted to the Velious era.
- Lots of fluff added to recreate the original feeling.
- Most 'nerfs' have been rolled back.
- NPC guilds in which you can level up.
- Over 300 new quests.
- Many new secrets to discover.
- Level related weekly quests.
- Sortable leaderboards.
- Achievement System with unique player titles.
- Own Storyline with new items, spells and currencies.
- Hub zone in East Commonlands Tunnel with many new quests.
- New ways to obtain epic weapons and epic weapons are upgradable.
- Fully working ship travel between Butcher and Freeport.
- Gigglegibber lottery, treasure goblins with shiny loot!
- And much, much more!

QUALITY OF LIVE FEATURES
- Balanced instance system for demanded raid zones.
- Shadowrest is available in case everything goes wrong.
- New ways to travel.
- Simplified way of guild creation via RoF2 client.
- State of the art website.
- English, German and Japanese speaking Gamemasters.

THE DRAGON CLIENT
- Our RoF2-based client provides a custom made Velious style user interface, classical magic effects and classical sound.
- The client is available in two versions: DragonClientClassic and DragonClientHd with high-resolution textures.
- Yes, we have the brown skellys, even with Luclin models.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:16 PM
Scorpius
Fire Beetle

Sounds Interesting, shame the web site has died thou while registering/reading
Old 06-04-2021, 01:09 PM
Thalix
Sarnak

Thank you for pointing it out. The website has 100% uptime, but our firewall blocked you. The website had a limit active. Should not happen again.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:16 PM
Scorpius
Fire Beetle

Hehe, I feel naughty now for being blocked -)
Thanx for sorting, will have another look, and DL the client ready

Good luck with it bud

NB
Probably not up, but the patcher (HD) says problem connecting to patchserver

Will try again when closer to release date -)
Old 06-04-2021, 01:59 PM
Thalix
Sarnak

I'll send you a PM, it should work. According to the logfile, about 30 people have already preloaded the client. I hope we can find out why it load for you.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:29 PM
Scorpius
Fire Beetle

Thank you, replied to you, My main PC is Win7 x64, i have copied the patcher to a win10 laptop and downloads okay on that, So possibly the patcher software doesn't like win7 hehe

Just in case others have an issue, maybe something else, but cant think what.
(Same AV / Firewall on both)

Thank you again
Old 06-04-2021, 07:05 PM
Thalix
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Thank you, replied to you, My main PC is Win7 x64, i have copied the patcher to a win10 laptop and downloads okay on that, So possibly the patcher software doesn't like win7 hehe
Yes that's right. The patcher is only tested with Windows 10. I will make it more clear. Thanks for testing!
Old 06-05-2021, 07:24 AM
Scorpius
Fire Beetle

Thank you Thalix, Its fully downloaded on my laptop, good to go.

My only issue will be running it.
I can patch with updates on the laptop, but it really sux for gameplay, hopefully I be able to launch the client from a desktop shortcut as normal on win7, or will it only start from the patcher ?

My Win7 PC although a good few years old is more than capable of running multiple rof2 clients, it just crashes way to much on Win10, no issues on 7, driver problems mainly.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2021, 07:47 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Let's put it this way: Windows 7 is End of Life, it receives neither patches nor security updates. Windows 10 has been on the market for over 6 years. It is now fully functional and very fast. I strongly advise you to upgrade for security reasons alone. Being on the Internet with Windows 7 is an invitation for every hacker. You have no chance to defend or secure yourself and protect your game account.

We will have updates very often, especially in the first months. The only supported and very well tested way to get them is through the patcher. You will definitely have problems with Windows 7, it will limit your gameplay and exclude you from any support. I am sorry for that.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:05 AM
Scorpius
Fire Beetle

Thanks for that, this is just my main game PC, i don't keep vital info on it.

I know win7 is basically dead, things move on. unfortunately I'm not in a position to get a reasonable win10 PC at this time, or anytime soon, so this will have to do for me as 10 is just to unstable on it

Wishing you all the best with it, but sounds like i will have to pass.
I may try the lower version on the laptop on release, but i doubt it will be playable

All the best
S
Old 06-07-2021, 08:07 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Old 06-07-2021, 09:57 AM
Oliebol
Fire Beetle

Nice setup. Looking forward to play on this server!
Old 06-22-2021, 10:17 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Update:
  • Our server will open on July 1, 2021 at 8 AM EST (5 AM PST / 1 PM GMT / 15:00 CEST/MESZ)
  • The Race of Heroes will start on July 9, midnight EST (July 8, 9 PM PST / 5 AM GMT / 07:00 CEST/MESZ)
    When registering, characters must not be higher than level 30. Otherwise, registering them for the quest will reset their level to 30.

WHY YOU SHOULD PLAY ON ELDER DRAGONS
  • High quality custom quests, carefully designed in a way that they do not interfere with the original feeling of the game.
  • Not made for multiboxers or players who want to reach everything as fast as possible.
  • Single Box Server (exceptions for family on request).
  • Our slogan "made for heroes" runs through the entire balancing. Those who take high risks, be it through a complex dungeon or by killing yellow and red creatures, get a much better reward. If you take it easy, you will also progress, but more slowly.
  • You can achieve a lot of things without raids, only through intensive EXP grinding. For many things there are alternative ways to achieve them besides the raids. Many of us have families and may not be able to raid for hours without interruption. Our alternative systems don't block these players from getting cool items. They just have to put in a lot of time.
  • Our ping is perfect for EU based players and good for US players.
  • We have no, or very few, forced restrictions. For example, the player is free to choose whether he wants to play with modern Luclin models or with the proven classic models. We do not suppress the map functionality, and so on.
  • We have an instance system for raid zones. No guild can block the server. However, the instances are not for free. The players have to "work" for them - to maintain the balance and to keep an advantage for the particularly good raiders.
  • No EXP penalties for classes or races. Play what you like to play!
  • We do not have a super complex policy, only a few simple and clear rules.
  • We have every freedom to expand the server in any direction. New zones, old zones with new storylines and much more will be added over time. Always with care, so that the famous "EQ Feeling" that we all love so much is preserved.
  • We have created a new way to travel. It does not make druids or wizard ports useless, but if you have to, you can reach your destination without their services. Of course balanced. The travels are paid for with an in-game currency which you get for killing strong enemies.
  • The servers are professionally hosted in a data center. It is made to stay!
Old 06-26-2021, 03:44 AM
Kailow
Sarnak

Will this be soloable to a certain point?
Old 06-26-2021, 05:24 PM
Voltage
Fire Beetle

404 Nice try when I try to DL the HD patcher

Tags
classic, elder dragons, kunark, single box, velious