Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-02-2021, 12:27 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

Unhappy Can some one mentor me through the setup?

Sorry but I am very confused and every time I think I am closer to being able to get the server online it seems to go and bug out on me and I'm having trouble finding info to fix the issues. if some one can walk me through a fresh in stall step by step just to get it where I can log in on it and be able to play on a home version I would really be grateful.

currently when I start with login sever I get the window for login server and the world server but the world server is constantly loading 30 zones then saying they are down then up then down then up.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:58 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

so got to the point where most things seem to work but when i launch the start with login server option the login server continually drops and restarts. is there any way to stabilize it?
Old 05-04-2021, 08:04 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

What are the contents of your eqemu_config.json file?
Old 05-04-2021, 02:12 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

Was able to get it to work thanks just logged in server for fisrt time 5 min ago
Old 05-05-2021, 12:28 AM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

New issue, cant seem to get AA's to show up at all, keep searching forums for a fix but all the fixes seem to point to no longer viable links with in the site.

did try to update client with a new dbstr_us but that didn't fix the problem.

any ideas?
Old 05-05-2021, 05:52 AM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2002 View Post
no longer viable links with in the site
Which posts and links? We can’t fix them if we don’t know.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:02 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

well for instance there seems to be no information in the FAQ section of the site when i search. the server support sticky that has a link to FAQ comes up as 404 not found. this makes it hard to find known fixes to issues when if they were posted they cant be viewed. when you go down that page ( http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26077 ) there is a post about a fixed hyperlink but that one titled ( here) by kingly crab brings up a wiki.eqemulator.org site that seems to have been removed.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:27 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

all the GeorgeS tools under tools are no longer on a domain that is active
Old 05-05-2021, 03:54 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

gave some examples. so any idea how to get aa's to show up in the aa window, or how to edit anything in the database such as spells items aa's merchant list as honestly I've tried the tool section of the guide and i cant get anything there to run as most of the "tools" don't even have an exe or application tagged file in them or the guide to use them such as the peq is so vague in the steps that my non sysadmin brain doesn't have the knowledge to find the next step.

i mean im going to be honest here i have edited my own games before but never touched server side programing. i don't even know how to start a command prompt that would interact with the server as when i start server with login server it gives me 4 command prompt looking windows that just monitor and don't have input and a pl window that seems to not be input able either. i don't see any way of altering the server so far other then logging in a character and playing with or with out gm tag.

i have no clue of what program can even read the shared files in the shared folder as they are labeled as just "file" and so i cant even start to search of what to do with them as notepad+ seems to find them "nulled" out for the most part.

i have tried with the aa's to copy a currently updated dbstr_us from a known working live client and that didn't fix the problem and i have no clue of where to put such a file in the server's set up as honestly i don't see one there to replace.

i get that this is all a lot of information you guys are handing out for free on this site and that your not obligated to help me out as you have never said hey register here and we will hold your hand and coddle you through this. but the front page makes this seem like it will be a 15 min install and you have a server and can do with in it almost anything that the game's engine will allow to be done. and i havent had that experance.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:02 PM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
link to FAQ comes up as 404 not found
The FAQ link is now at https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...sked-questions
Quote:
there is a post about a fixed hyperlink
Fixed that link as well.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:03 PM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
all the GeorgeS tools under tools are no longer on a domain that is active
That is his own personal effort. He pops in once in a blue moon to update his tools. Nothing we can do about that.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:15 PM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
any idea how to get aa's to show up in the aa window
9/10 times, AAs not showing up in the window is a database issue. Other times I've seen people using an unsupported client. You should read through the log files or post them to get some help.

Quote:
how to edit anything in the database such as spells items aa's merchant list
EOC2 is pretty good as there are many consolidated tools and not a whole lot of effort to get it working.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:22 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

thanks, on the log files which logs should i be looking for spacifically i know the aa's are treated as spells but i dont know if its a lack of spell data as i do have spells working
(ones from at least 60 down) and dont know if its just a ui issue.

on the eoc2 ill give it a shot thanks for getting back to me, honestly if i had some one local who knew how to set all this up i would be willing to pay them for the help any way i can donate to eqemu as apprecation for the aid?
Old 05-05-2021, 08:51 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

ok eoc 2.0, i am not sure what it needs me to enter into the fields to access it
Old 05-05-2021, 09:39 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

i followed the steps on http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42383
however it wont let me log in one step i couldnt figure out yet might be the 3306 permission on router looking into it now