Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:33 PM
deafercon
Fire Beetle

Default Misty Thicket missing zone file?

Had an issue zoning into Misty Thicket, ended up getting a client error where I apparently was missing the zone file (misty) but when i looked through my client files (RoF2) and even checked out my files from live the only ones I could see are for MistyThicket not just 'misty' like the game seems to think i need. Is this an issue of just me missing some file or is the wrong file being requested (I remember there being old and new/revised versions of a few zones). I wasn't sure if this was a client side issue that I just need to reinstall to get some missing files or if the server is screwed up somehow.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Dhaymion
Fire Beetle

Misty Thicket is the revamped version, and misty is classic. They have individual zone ids. If your client is missing misty files, you could grab them from a titanium client if you have it handy.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:19 PM
deafercon
Fire Beetle

Ah, i see. that should work, thanks for the help.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Uleat
Developer

http://www.peqtgc.com/forums/index.p...d-zones.15199/

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-18-2020, 07:55 PM
WingNutt
Fire Beetle

Hey deafercon, I know this is a year old now, but im having an issue where I zone into "Neriak Forest" for example and its all black... not sky or ground, just mobs that are falling from the air through to nothing and then doing it all again.

My EQ verision is the EQ Titanium version and EQEmulator was downloaded and installed straight from here... am i missing something I need to do???
Old 10-19-2020, 07:11 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

This is interesting... It really hadn't occurred to me, but there are probably folks starting well after the zones revamps and have very little idea what problems that presented. I was just sitting here wondering why we're getting so many black zone threads...

Anyways. As the Everquest team revamped zones, those new zone files were completely incompatible with the old database, locations, texture, etc. Most servers run the old zones, so you need to swap out the zone files in your client... I know there's an explanation somewhere. Let me go search it out.

*Edit - Yeah the big problem is we're not allowed to give out files or even suggest it, so there's no good way to just sticky a thread here... You have to go purchase an old install disk, or do some searches. The information is there.

Last edited by hayward6; 10-19-2020 at 07:18 AM..
Old 10-19-2020, 10:23 AM
WingNutt
Fire Beetle

Default Old files!!

I was thinking this was the issue. I saw it suggested several other places. As for getting an old disk I have the ISO files for EQ Titanium, that’s the one EQEmu suggested... I wonder if I don’t have the config set right maybe? Followed the direction for a standalone server and am using port 5998 as the address.

I’ll keep looking too. Maybe I’ll uninstall and reinstall EQ in case it tried to patch. So far I’ve tested it on my standalone server and an EQEmu server after modifying the EQhost file back to that server.

Edit: Ok made some more tests after reading posts on here. I can travel to Misty Thicket just fine... looks like the old original one to me. I can travel to East Commons as well (Not the updated "Commons" when east and west were merged). when playing on my standalone server I can log into Neriak Commons just fine, but when I tested this on an EQEMU server I can not leave Neriak 3rd gate to Neriak Commons lol It just puts me back in front of the Necro guild. Ill keep testing. Going to uninstall and reinstall EQ with my Titanium files.erver.

Edit2: Reinstall of EQ Titanium fail...
Old 10-19-2020, 02:08 PM
Uleat
Developer

Missing zone files and blacked-out zones are two seperate issues.

Missing zone files occur with the newer clients because we still use a lot of older, non-revamped zones.

A major key for determining that you have missing zone files is to click the affected stones in plane of knowledge - with misty thicket being one.

Another sign is to attempt to cross the boundary into west commons from east commons .. that will also indicate the problem.

In any case, missing zone files will result in the client NOT zoning into the affected zone(s).

(The link I posted above will direct you to the 'missing files' download for newer, post-Titanium clients.)

Conversely, revamped zones that EQEmulator is supporting that the client is not capable of using will result in the 'blacked-out' zone scenario.

In this case, you can either change the server to use the older zones .. or, update to a newer client.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-19-2020, 02:17 PM
WingNutt
Fire Beetle

Got it... I may have both problems then...

Neriak Forest is there... because when I went to it from POP i found that I was in Neriak Forest at the book, but I was slightly below the ground. I could look up and see some mobs walking, some falling, and trees etc etc from the bottom looking up.

Misty works fine on my server (client?). Its the one EQEmu has for download. Ill check out the possability of "Missing files" later today... for now not being a programer the one issue is all i can work on at a time lol

Im reading through everyones posts to disable all expansions and try vanilla EQ and see if it still happens. No luck yet with that. Found the post Grumpy made and I am setting the rule_values database table World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings value to true and faulse, and rule_values database table World:ExpansionSettings to various numbers from the tables provided and even the Varriables:Expansins seting to those same values. No luck yet lol

Edit: I checked out West Commons too since you said that was a zone that sometimes gets missing files. Its fine for me. Right now the only blackout zone I have is Neriak Forest.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:56 AM
WingNutt
Fire Beetle

Yup... I confirmed it. I am on the map but I am zoned into the wrong area. WAY up to the NE is where im at, and slightly underground. I think the mobs are spawning a little under ground because I can see them falling too. After changing my screen settings a bit I can see the zone to the SW too. Trees, the zone wall (that I am on the wrong side of) and some mobs though most are falling.

Ive seen stuff for spawn "safe" points in a zone file and such. Im thinking maybe my game is using the wrong map? which im thinking would have the X-Y-Z coordinates all wrong/different from another map. Oh well. stinks but I cant play a DE Necro I guess.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:25 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNutt View Post
Yup... I confirmed it. I am on the map but I am zoned into the wrong area. WAY up to the NE is where im at, and slightly underground. I think the mobs are spawning a little under ground because I can see them falling too. After changing my screen settings a bit I can see the zone to the SW too. Trees, the zone wall (that I am on the wrong side of) and some mobs though most are falling.

Ive seen stuff for spawn "safe" points in a zone file and such. Im thinking maybe my game is using the wrong map? which im thinking would have the X-Y-Z coordinates all wrong/different from another map. Oh well. stinks but I cant play a DE Necro I guess.
The issue you are having can be solved though. Check this thread out. It's old now, but has a lot of info on the old zones.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ighlight=misty
Old 10-22-2020, 03:49 PM
WingNutt
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward6 View Post
The issue you are having can be solved though. Check this thread out. It's old now, but has a lot of info on the old zones.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ighlight=misty

Thanks! Searching the forums gets kinda difficult some times if you doing call your problem by the right name LoL. Not a programmer here so I’m thumbing my way though it!