Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:45 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default Temple of Solusek Ro - Unknown zone

Just a trivial question. I have the zone_point working properly from old lavastorm to soltemple, (as opposed to the quick fixes some are using) and still get that infamous "entering unknown zone". Still zones good, just that message. But I did notice, when using gm #zone 80, it gives the proper message, "Entering Temple of Solusek Ro.

Anybody have an inclination of what the gm command is doing right ? hahaha
Old 03-11-2021, 05:26 PM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

I am having a similar (but not exact) issue with that same zone on my own server.

I set up the warp-npc for Sol Temple and Najena. Najena works perfectly.

On my main machine client, I can login to Sol Temple just fine. No problems at all. My brother on his client can log in as well, no problems. But when his wife logs in to Sol Temple (using a different machine & client), she warps into a box with the text "teleport to 262,9,0" stamped on it. It is very strange. Tests confirm her machine is the culprit, she can login to Sol Temple on the other machine just fine. She can spin in place, but not move at all.

I just set up another client today on an old laptop. Everything works fine, and the files are exactly the same as my main client. But I get the same issue when logging into Sol Temple on this laptop.

Now, here is the strange thing- stuck in my box, I do a /loc and I get the coordinates that match the "safe point" location for Lavastorm, even though I am in Sol Temple! So the command got the zone correct, but it warps me to the safe spot of the zone I just left. A zone loc confirms I'm in Sol Temple.

Why would some clients work perfectly, and other (identical) clients do this same bug?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2021, 07:17 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Just a trivial question. I have the zone_point working properly from old lavastorm to soltemple, (as opposed to the quick fixes some are using) and still get that infamous "entering unknown zone". Still zones good, just that message. But I did notice, when using gm #zone 80, it gives the proper message, "Entering Temple of Solusek Ro.

Anybody have an inclination of what the gm command is doing right ? hahaha
min status on zone? no available zoneservers to boot the zone? could be a few things.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:22 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
min status on zone? no available zoneservers to boot the zone? could be a few things.
Have no idea what you're talking about, or how you went in that direction. Got nothing to do with the issue.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:34 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...light=nektulos

Check this post out, most of the problems have to do with the client_version_ mask of the clients trying to zone in. Basically it sends your character to a ghost zone that doesn't exist based on the clients trying to zone into it, because of whatever expansion they had at launch. Once the subnet mask is changed it should work. You may also need to go into your DB and remove any extra lines of code that send multiple clients to the same destination and just leave 1 that handles every client.

for example nektulos had a few lines that would send titanium clients into the classic version and anything above that into the new version of the zone. Thats partly the reason why titanium is the only one that can zone into old high pass and not the new clients.

I looked it up, Should be line 1,877 and 1,882 on your Zone_points DB that controls the zone in from lavastorm.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:32 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider84 View Post
Check this post out
As per my original post on this thread, I'm not having any problem zoning, it's just that message I get, when i do. Do you get that same message "Entering unknown zone" when you zone into soltemple ?
Old 03-13-2021, 01:48 PM
Splose
Banned

I skimmed over the part where you said you were zoning in fine. Generally when it says entering unknown zone the issues I stated are why.

Dunno why you get all passive aggressive anytime anyone attempts to help you. I'm sure you'll go real far lolol.

And no. No one is getting that message but you.
Old 03-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
As per my original post on this thread, I'm not having any problem zoning, it's just that message I get, when i do. Do you get that same message "Entering unknown zone" when you zone into soltemple ?
How did you get your zone point to work? No matter how much I tampered with it, the zonepoint to Sol Temple (zone 80) from Lavastorm would always warp me into Sol A (zone 31) for some reason. There is only a single zonepoint for Sol A defined in Lavastorm, and it works as it is supposed to.

#zone 80 command works perfectly, and indicates "Entering Temple of Sol Ro" when I use it.

While the zonepoint is warping me to Sol A (instead of Sol Temple as it is supposed to) I DO get the message "Entering an unknown zone". I always assume these two issues were related, but it looks like they may be completely separate (since you somehow fixed the zoning issue, but still get the unknown zone message).
Old 03-13-2021, 05:47 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyyr View Post
How did you get your zone point to work?
In zone_points, for target_zone_id 80 from lavastorm i used this.

target_y 261.96
target_x 36.72
target_y 1.19
target_heading 383.5

I also have any and all client_version_mask set to 4294967295 for all zone_points.

Quote:
Generally when it says entering unknown zone the issues I stated are why.
Here's the issues you stated, so NO Splose, save your BS for the tourists.

Quote:

Me and the Discovery channel: "Hey monkey, where do i find green bananas?"
Splose and the monkey: "Green bananas are no good for you, but let me tell you how hard it is to get coconuts out of the tree."
Old 03-13-2021, 07:08 PM
Splose
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
I skimmed over the part where you said you were zoning in fine. Generally when it says entering unknown zone the issues I stated are why.
You apparently missed this part. I'm not the only one who thought you were having issues getting into the zone as well.

Quote:
In zone_points, for target_zone_id 80 from lavastorm i used this.

target_y 261.96
target_x 36.72
target_y 1.19
target_heading 383.5

I also have any and all client_version_mask set to 4294967295 for all zone_points.
The target loc is not relevant. If you are seeing entering unknown zone either something is wrong with your zoneserver, one of the db tables that the zoneserver uses has the wrong schema, or your client is fucked up. It isn't exactly easy to tell when you give 0 info about what client you're running. The older clients took the zone name from one of the string files, nowadays its hardcoded into the rof2 client.

Quote:
Here's the issues you stated, so NO Splose, save your BS for the tourists.

Me and the Discovery channel: "Hey monkey, where do i find green bananas?"
Splose and the monkey: "Green bananas are no good for you, but let me tell you how hard it is to get coconuts out of the tree."
No?

I was telling you the possible reasons why you weren't able to zone in. Because.. Again.. I skimmed over the part where you said you were zoning in fine.

Good luck figuring it out though guy

Old 03-13-2021, 07:20 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

I agree 100% with Splose. Just a thought, When people are looking at posts to help someone.
Sometimes we miss a part of a post that may have important information.
Such as you being able to zone in fine but the message still appears.
Generally that may be due to how a sentence is worded and we just miss it.
With that said, if people are just trying to help out and your being a prick about it then good luck and figure it out yourself huppy.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:33 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
I was telling you the possible reasons why you weren't able to zone in.
See Splose, I have no clue why you keep going in this "not zoning in" direction. Right from the start, I had no problems zoning in, never have, so WHAT are you talking about ? Hence, I'm talking bananas and you are talking coconuts... /shrug

In that other thread "Spell support", I made a simple post about a particular spell and it's setting. What did Splose do ? went off on his opinions about Emulator and Titanium.

But don't worry Splose, my posts are finished. You're obviously going to trainwreck every one of them, like you have a reputation for already, and had some deleted around here recently. Good luck.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:46 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
See Splose, I have no clue why you keep going in this "not zoning in" direction.
Because you're not reading what I've said the past 2 posts?

Quote:
Right from the start, I had no problems zoning in, never have, so WHAT are you talking about ? Hence, I'm talking bananas and you are talking coconuts... /shrug
Yes, for the fifth time or so, I missed that part of your first post.. Just like the other guy did.

Quote:

In that other thread "Spell support", I made a simple post about a particular spell and it's setting. What did Splose do ? went off on his opinions about Emulator and Titanium.
That item was set that way because you're using a RoF2 era items table and expecting it to be compatible with Titanium. I told you that and then expressed my opinions on how we should just drop titanium so we don't have the continuity errors between clients like the one you posted about.

Then you edited all your posts to say "Redacted thread derailed" like a douche.

Quote:

But don't worry Splose, my posts are finished. You're obviously going to trainwreck every one of them, like you have a reputation for already, and had some deleted around here recently. Good luck.
I haven't even derailed any of your threads I've done nothing but try to help you every time I've interacted with you on these forums.

Funny how you know 0 about that situation but you bring it up though. Turns out I was in the right. You should look into it.

Edit: BTW your server is gonna be ASSSSSSS lol.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:26 PM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
The target loc is not relevant.
Splose, Huppy was actually responding to my question with that statement. My apologies for adding confusion to the thread. I asked the question I did because I was having the same issue Huppy was, except I was also having problems zoning.

Quote:
If you are seeing entering unknown zone either something is wrong with your zoneserver, one of the db tables that the zoneserver uses has the wrong schema, or your client is fucked up. The older clients took the zone name from one of the string files, nowadays its hardcoded into the rof2 client.
I am using the Titanium client, as I want to use as many of the original zones as I can. I am also getting the message on multiple machines. All of these are clean Titanium installs. Going by your list there, if we assume the client is OK for now, that leaves the zoneserver, or the DB tables. If the former I assume we are stuck with the issue, if the latter, where would be the best place to look in the DB for this?

I am just a newbie here, but I am very interested in getting my server up to snuff, and I am willing to do the work necessary, assuming I can get the information. I don't want to see anyone angry here, as we need all the input we can to fix the various issues with this massive & exciting project.

Thanks all.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:40 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyyr View Post
Splose, Huppy was actually responding to my question with that statement. My apologies for adding confusion to the thread. I asked the question I did because I was having the same issue Huppy was, except I was also having problems zoning.

I am using the Titanium client, as I want to use as many of the original zones as I can. I am also getting the message on multiple machines. All of these are clean Titanium installs. Going by your list there, if we assume the client is OK for now, that leaves the zoneserver, or the DB tables. If the former I assume we are stuck with the issue, if the latter, where would be the best place to look in the DB for this?

I am just a newbie here, but I am very interested in getting my server up to snuff, and I am willing to do the work necessary, assuming I can get the information. I don't want to see anyone angry here, as we need all the input we can to fix the various issues with this massive & exciting project.

Thanks all.
No worries. I don't think anyone is really getting angry just kinda tired of trying to help someone and they're constantly a douche to you when they answer you lol.

Check your zone_points table. Running this will give you the 2 zonelines that go to solro temple. I would try and make them virtual zone lines and see if that makes a difference.

Code:
select * from zone_points where zone = 'lavastorm' and target_zone_id = 80;