Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-27-2021, 12:35 PM
MooshLooLoo
Fire Beetle

Default New (Old) Player w/ a couple Q's about servers

Hey all...

Quick intro:

I started on day one on Karana server and played steady for a couple years. I RP'd 90% of my time and actually only popped past level 20 once I gave up on full timing the game. Moosh LooLoo, Ogre Shadowknight.

I quit for good (almost) a short while after they changed race models and Ogres went buff, visually. Moosh is fat, and now 95% of people see him as buff. It completely ruined the feel of the game for me, even though I could see fat Moosh, I knew not everyone did...

Anyhow... for the Q's...

Are there any servers who exclusively use original race models or allow players to "show up" to everyone as the model type they prefer?

Are most servers mainly full of old EQ vets who like to RP? Or is the actual content of EQ still good enough to hold peoples interest this long?

Also, I'm looking for Thuulak the Ogre Warrior from Karana... if you're here, dude, I've been looking for you for 15+ years!

I don't know why it took me so long to look into private servers!

Thanks all, in advance, Moosh has been dying to get out and eat some worthy dwarves again!
Old 06-27-2021, 09:44 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Which models can be used is determined by server expansion limit. So if server is classical trilogy (pre-Luclin) everyone on classical models. (see Project99 server)
If its not - then model setting is up to individual players, and you can't enforce what others see.
Servers mainly full of old EQ vets. As for RP, hmm probably not so much.