Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:12 PM
smcallister88
Fire Beetle

**UPDATE** Fixed it myself =)
Old 01-17-2012, 03:39 AM
FirestormXL
Fire Beetle

Step 10.) I'm very frustrated because now I have a .SQL file sitting on my desktop and still no way to either log in or create an account. Some instruction on how you can possibly use a rogue .SQL or what the heck it's for would be excellent.

I've been gone for about 2/3 years and so much has changed, this used to be incredibly easy.
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it." -Jack Burton
Old 01-17-2012, 05:07 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Assuming you're using HeidiSQL as instructed in the guide it is the same as the part of step 9 concerning importing a sql file.

Make sure the peqlogindb is the active database and import the file. You'll probably want to edit the username/password/e-mail from the default before you do so. Step 11 is the same, you want to save that to a file with your information in it and then import it.

There's probably a way to just paste it into a query window in HeidiSQL and execute it, but as I don't use that program I'm not sure what the exact steps would be.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:31 AM
FirestormXL
Fire Beetle

Edi: Attempting
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it." -Jack Burton
Old 02-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

If you don't have a Ls account please get one or more if needed! Goto http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/pro...do=loginserver Note: you should see a numbers all numbers xxxxxx wright it down so you can remember them. Goto peq database account under the users name you'll see Isaccount_Id put in the xxxxxxx numbers from eqemulogin server Change veriables in database to Public Must use EQEmuLoginServer.exe for this to work online. Look for your Server to be listed at http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist Login using your client change your eqhost.txt eqemulator.net:5998 put in your lsaccount you just created username and password into client and login so you can see all the other servers on the list and you should see your server online. Download Navicat 8.xx http://www.navicat.com/download/navicat8_mysql_en.exe Navicat is used for editing your peq database the softwear your talking about is old out dated use Navicat 80)
Old 02-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

The Wright brothers used softwear on the wings of their plane.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Let me send my Me109 over
Old 03-22-2012, 11:30 PM
thalasai
Fire Beetle

I want to make a lan server for only the first 10 expansions (titanium edition) will this guide work for that? i noticed it was talking about keeping quests and such updated with tortoisesvn. i just like the old school expansions =) thanks in advance
Old 04-26-2014, 08:59 PM
moltke24
Sarnak

If other people outside of your LAN are trying to connect, their eqhost.txt file should read:
Quote:
[LoginServer]
Host=server.dyndns.org:5998
server.dyndns.org should be the name of your dyndns service.

ive been trying to get my friends to connect to my server.

they can connect when they are in my house. they cannot when they are their houses

they get disconnected back to the log in screen when they are trying to connect.

here are my IPs
INTERNAL IP address: 192.168.x.x
INTERNAL IP address: 25.46.53.1xx
ROUTERS IP Address: 192.168.x.x
EXTERNAL IP address: 75.114.228.xx

do i have them type in one of my IPs like you said here?

If other people outside of your LAN are trying to connect, their eqhost.txt file should read:
Quote:
[LoginServer]
Host=server.dyndns.org:5998
server.dyndns.org should be the name of your dyndns service.

so should their thing say

Host=25.46.53.1xx ?
Old 04-26-2014, 10:27 PM
Uleat
Developer

This thread is over 2 years old... MANY things have changed since this was active.

The 'Host=server.dyndns.org:5998' reference is set to indicate that you are running a private login server AND are using a url translation service to
provide a stable address for your dynamic isp address.

The only way an external computer will be able to communicate with your internal one is if THEY use the EXTERNAL IP address: 75.114.228.xx. Just
make sure that your full address is filled in for the clients.

You will need to use the LAN address for the computer that is running the server. 192.168.xx.xx is the appropriate ip..not the router's, but the computer's.

You will also need to ensure that port-forwarding is enabled on the router so that packets received at 75.114.228.xx will be 'forwarded' through the NAT
and received at 192.168.xx.xx.

The proper addressing and port-forwarding is necessary regardless of whether running a private login server or not.

IF you are not running a private server, then the clients need to point their logins to the EQEmu login server..but, your server still needs to be setup to
receive packets from the outside..from both the eqemu login server and the clients. Port-forwarding and configuration are the keys here.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-28-2016, 12:28 AM
Mistersmiles
Fire Beetle

The URL in OP does not seem to be valid:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ
Old 05-28-2016, 06:25 PM
Uleat
Developer

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...&postcount=160

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...28&postcount=4

This thread is even older than the one in the second link...

And we haven't been on '.net' for an even longer time...

This should always be your starting point: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Wiki

Compilin' Dirty