Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-29-2005, 05:14 PM
32ones
Fire Beetle

Default Private server

Hey, I want to create a private server for me and another computer on my network. I have read some of the tutorials and I am going to set one up, but how do I make it so I get my own or a private login system so other people cannot log in?
Old 05-29-2005, 05:20 PM
minok2004
Fire Beetle

Default Minilogin

The minilogin program will let you run a server for a LAN. This guide has some information on setting it up, some of it is outdated but covers most of the steps. http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...ad+maps+server

Try to stick with MySQL 4.0. The later versions have some sourcing problems with the current databases.

Last edited by minok2004; 05-30-2005 at 01:23 AM..
Old 06-12-2005, 01:49 PM
fanman55
Sarnak

Default Private Login Server other than Minilogin?

Minilogin works great for a LAN server, but what if you want to host a private server and your friends are not all connected to your network. Is there a login server for private servers? If there is can you make it to where the login server reads login name and password and not ip adress?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:54 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Then you're reaching a point where minilogin won't be for you. Use the public login server, take note of your friends' account names, give them a status of at least [Edit: 100] to allow them to log onto a locked server, then lock your server from that point forward.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.

Last edited by RangerDown; 06-13-2005 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: To reflect Belfedia's correction below
Old 06-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

This is 100 status for locked server
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.