Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:47 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

i do not get step 9 in this guild about creating another database called peqlogindb? as far as i have tried and messed arouind with this, nothing uses that database, it is using the account section in peq database and i think that is why i am having issues. i have a server up and runing but no one can log in and create their own account. only can log in if i create them an account in peq/account myself. so what is step 9 actually doing?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:07 AM
vales
Discordant

It's using the new EQEmuLogin server. The database creation is for simplicity's sake. Minilogin is pretty much unsupported, afaik. I figured since the development is moving along with the new Login Server, that it would be a good idea to include it since mostly everyone is trying to run their own MiniLogin server and it's not really supported for multiple connections on the same LAN.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:10 AM
vales
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnance1337 View Post
I'm guessing you don't know the answer to my problem, Vales? Lol. I've gone back and run the setup again from the guide in your sig and still same result.
Sorry, missed the post since it's kinda confusing with two topics with people responding in both. :P Can we get a lock on the other one that's not a sticky, please?

Did you by any chance have a EQEmu server set up prior to this?
Old 08-03-2009, 03:42 AM
tnance1337
Fire Beetle

Nope. First time setting up a server. I've noticed I'm not the only one getting the problem, too, yet no one has explained a solution.

I've gone back, completely uninstalled all items, then re-did your guide exactly as its posted again. Same result. Obviously, everything is working properly, as i can start my world.exe with the startup.bat file, and everything connects as it should. I just keep getting told my username and password are not valid when I try to log in my client. To me, that means that the settings are correct to connect, but something is getting confused by the loginserver with my username and pass.

I've checked everything over about 20 times, peqlogindb has the correct queries imported for the tblloginserver accounts and I'm definetly trying to connect my client with the username and password entered there.

I've got to be missing something that I just don't understand. If you need me to copy and paste settings, let me know. It's pretty much exactly as you have it in your guide, but it couldn't hurt I suppose.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Trance-

I actually had a very similar problem. I would try to create an account and for no rhyme or reason that account wasn't being recognized on login. Do this: keep creating new accounts with completely different usernames and passwords and eventually one will work. Don't delete the ones that don't work until you get one that does work. I can't explain this either. It doesn't make sense. I thought maybe it was the characters I was using in some of the account creations but that wasn't the case either. I was using nothing odd.

-Shiny
Old 08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
lrdchaos1357
Fire Beetle

I've tried following the guide and ether I'm missing a step earlier, or missing information. When I try to do step 6, it askes for a login and password, but they aren't any of the passwords I've set up.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:00 PM
zabooo
Fire Beetle

I too am also having the same problem. I have been creating new accounts in my logindb and nothing is working (I have about 15 created accounts). Also the other thing I did different is instead of setting my server.dyndns.org im using localhost on everything so i can just solo for now. Everthing works fine except for being able to log in.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Zabooo, try this, create a login and use 11111111 for the password. There are 8 ones there. I finally got it to work for me that way, I don't know whats wrong.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein
Old 08-12-2009, 03:00 AM
EQFAN2009
Fire Beetle

Hey folks - this site is fantastic. My wife and I have played EQ since around 2000 but quit a couple of years ago due to time restrictions (read kids!) I'm looking to build and host a server so friends and family can play and eventually nephews nieces and my own kids can play in a 'safe' environment.

I've followed the Vales guide but have come up against what appears to be a very common error - yes another 1017!. Basically I can log in and play from the box running the server so I'm comfortable that the client/server match is OK and the DB is compatible with the binaries, however when I try to login from a PC on my LAN - even if directly connected to the server (ie no router in the middle) the connection drops on transfer from login to world. That is I can authenticate over the LAN/direct link, but as soon as I go to enter the world I get the old 1017. I use the exact same username and password for both local login and LAN/direct login. Local works LAN/Direct doesn't

Router is set up to forward tcp/udp 9000 to 192.168.1.8 (I'm confident this isn't an issue as there is no connectivity when directly connected to the server by a single cat5 cable)

Config files are below:

{eqemu_config.ini}
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>MyShortname</shortname>
<longname>MyLongname</longname>

<!-- Loginserver information. Defaults shown -->
<loginserver>
<host>myshortname.no-ip.info</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->
<address>myshortname.no-ip.info</address>
<localaddress>192.168.1.8</localaddress>

<!-- Sets the ip/port for the tcp connections. Both zones and console (if enabled). Defaults are shown -->
<tcp ip="myshortname.no-ip.info" port="9000" telnet="enable"/>

</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. Defaults shown -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>mydbusername</username>
<password>mydbpassword</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>

</server>

-------------------------------
{LoginServer.ini}

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=192.168.1.8
loginserver2=myshortname.no-ip.info
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=myshortname.no-ip.info
worldaddress=192.168.1.8
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=EQEmuLoginServer
ServerPort=5999

------------------------------------------------
{hosts file in ...System32\drivers\etc\hosts}

192.168.1.8 myshortname.no-ip.info

-----------------------------------------------

{eqhosts file}
[LoginServer]
host=myshortname.no-ip.info

------------------------------

Any help would be much appreciated.

EQFAN
Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 AM
EQFAN2009
Fire Beetle

Ok, a little progress made with the dreaded 1017 error gone and I can now make it past the login screen (Yay!) I disabled the virtual IPs from VMware that were on both the Server and the Client machines, and the key change was to edit emu_config.ini section from this:

<loginserver>
<host>myshortname.no-ip.info</host>
<port>5999</port>

<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

to this:

<loginserver>
<host>eqemulator.net</host>
<port>5998</port>

<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

And updated eqhosts.txt accordingly

So I'm now using the global login server to get back into my own box which seems kind of clunky but might be useful for getting friends and family connected to my server.

Once again, if I log in from the same machine my server is on all is fine and I can enter the world, but if I try the same thing on a LAN box I get 'Server is not Responding' message.

My next trick will be to experiment with some portforwarding configurations for both server and client. All suggestions are most welcome.

Ultimately I'd like to use my own login server and perhaps set up a VNP if required for family and friends to login from the WAN(Internet). One step at at time though
Once I can achieve connectivity from a LAN box, I'll gradually move back closer to Vales' settings for the login server which is currently sitting idle on my server!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:23 AM
EQFAN2009
Fire Beetle

Quick update on last post before I go to bed (work tomorrow!)
LAN client can connect to other servers listed under eqemulator.net and make it into tutorial zone so there is definitely an issue with either my server receiving non-localhost clients, or the port forwarding setup within the LAN.
Will try again tomorrow after work
Old 08-13-2009, 07:22 AM
EQFAN2009
Fire Beetle

Hmm still no joy. Have opened up ports 5998, 5999, 7000-7500 and 9000 and dropped firewalls on both server and client. Have run out of things to try. Any assistance or suggestions would be most welcome at this stage. :-(
Old 08-13-2009, 08:00 AM
EQFAN2009
Fire Beetle

I enabled logging in the LAN client - message prior to 'The Server is not Responding' was zone address [192.168.1.8:23579] received

Failed to connect to the zone server 192.168.1.8:7004 result = 5 for MSG_ZONE_Address

Does this ring any bells for anyone?
Old 08-15-2009, 08:45 AM
EQFAN2009
Fire Beetle

Lightbulb Progress update - minor success!

Update time
The learning curve is beginning to level out! I've tried a few different approaches now with one semi-successful i.e. download Cavedude's PEQ-LOY Server install pack and maps. Configuration is MQSQL5.0, Active Perl 5.8 and the above packs. Still having intermittent problems with 'Server Not Responding' message when zoning in from the Character selection screen to starting zone. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. First success was achieved by bypassing my ADSL modem and LAN and going out via my Blackberry's internet connection, so it's looking more and more like a LAN-hardware/firewall/portforwarding issue. Ulitmate goal is to have Eqemulator V8.0 or greater on Gentoo 64, but will take it a step at a time. If anyone has any advice or guidance on G64 compiles for EQEmu please send a message and or links!
Have also tried Win32 compile from source - no luck - am use to Gentoo Linux compiles not Win.
Anyway I suspect some of my earlier problems was caused by confusing the advice and files provided by the PEQ site and this one!!! The directory contains minilogin, PEQ and SVN code from various locations - could be compatibility issues! Will wipe the server director and start from scratch.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

I tried version 884 bots and no bots. I get a missing perl58.dll error

I insert the perl58.dll from a perl install from years ago and get "procedure entry point Perl_newXS_flags could not be located in perl58.dll

Any ideas? I followed the guide as written, I installed the perl5.10 as mentioned in guide, also uninstalled it and installed 5.8 still same issues.

Tried a crackheaded idea I thought of after writing this, renamed (after backing up) the perl510.dll to perl58 and got a different error altogether (no I did not expect this to work, but hey i'm annoyedly desperate) "procedure entry point Perl_Top_ptr could not be located in perl58.dll