Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:34 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Default Can't inspect other players/myself.

I can right click others and it will say if they are green/red/etc and say "what would you like your tombstone to say/indifferently/etc), but when other inspect me it doesn't say "___ is inspect your gear" and they cant see my gear and I can't see theirs. I have the guild window bug as well where its greyed out (but i just applied the fix to it and ama bout to see if it works.) - searched around and didn't find much about this... I followed this guide: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32980 and also saw this: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WinCvs and wnated to know after i resourced all that stuff where and what files do i copy (if any) to where (eqemu perhaphs?) sorry about the few questions, still learning but am getting this down more and more each time.

EQEMU ERROR log says

[06.26. - 14:01:51] Wrong size: OP_InspectRequest, size=8, expected 4

Old 06-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Uleat
Developer

Always keep an eye on emu revision updates. Sometimes a fix will be posted the same day that a revision was released.

Make sure that you apply any database patches that are appropriate.

For instance:

If you use peqdb_rev2142.sql, then you need to apply any updates located in the following two locations that equal or exceed the rev2142 number.

..\<peqdatabase>\updates\

and

..\<eqemusource>\EQEmuServer\utils\sql\svn\

Also, keep an eye on the boards to see if a particular name is given to an update file that doesn't fit the above criteria. (DO NOT apply all of the
update patches in these folders. You WILL mess up your database if you do so, and have to start over.)

U

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-26-2012, 09:11 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

What client are you using when it fails and you see that message in the logs?
Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Always keep an eye on emu revision updates. Sometimes a fix will be posted the same day that a revision was released.

Make sure that you apply any database patches that are appropriate.

For instance:

If you use peqdb_rev2142.sql, then you need to apply any updates located in the following two locations that equal or exceed the rev2142 number.

..\<peqdatabase>\updates\

and

..\<eqemusource>\EQEmuServer\utils\sql\svn\

Also, keep an eye on the boards to see if a particular name is given to an update file that doesn't fit the above criteria. (DO NOT apply all of the
update patches in these folders. You WILL mess up your database if you do so, and have to start over.)

U
I'm still sorta a newb, i looked into it and i get the jist of how to update and source new stuff, but just to be sure (because i still honestly dont fully understand) how would i source in new stuff in relative to this guide (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32980) - which steps would i follow (or refollow) to source in new stuff? thanks for your feedback thus far.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Uleat
Developer

That guide is great for initial install.

From the content in some of your other posts, it sounds like you might be interested in customizing your content.

You need to be aware that updating your database WILL wipe out your modifications if you modify any tables that are listed
in the Drop_System.sql file.

There is information around here concerning the export of modifications prior to updating. The 'Golden Rule' though is not to
update unless you want/need a particular game fix.

As far as installing your database, the guide stated to:

'use peq'

'source peqdb_rev1756.sql'

'source load_player.sql'

'source load_bots.sql' (only if you're using the bot build)

(I believe there is now suppose to be a semicolon ';' at the end of all action lines..otherwise you get a new line and the
command doesn't process. You shouldn't need it for 'use peq.')

It then tells you to look for eqemu-sponsored and peqdb-sponsered updates. Base database files are generally 'tied' to
a eqemu server revision. You just need to make sure that the provided updates start at, or are greater than, the
revision listed in the database filename. You should not apply older patches than this number..unless specifically told to.
You can actually put bugs into your database that the new release was suppose to fix, or new bugs altogether...

Updating a database with a new 'revision' usually entails dropping the current 'system' tables and sourcing in the new
'system' tables.

Something like this:

'use peq'

'source drop_system.sql;'

'source peqdb_rev####.sql;'

Then, checking for and sourcing any additional eqemu or peq updates like stated above.

Anytime a new eqemu revision comes out, you should check for those 'sponsered' updates. Sometimes,
other files will also be updated (like opcodes.conf, etc... Those would need to be copied over to your ..\eqemu\
directory as well. Keep an eye on what files are actually updated when you do a SVN update.)

Technically, you should be able to start at peqdb_rev0001 and just add the updates as they come out. This may not
be what is true though. If you have issues or questions regarding whether you should update or do a clean install,
just ask when you're ready to do so. There may be issues that only the new database build will fix.

EQEmu patches and PEQ database updates are usually tied together to some extent. There will be times when you can't
just update one or the other. Just make yourself aware of what needs to be updated before you actually start the
update process.

Don't be afraid to ask (or to look through the posts) for an answer. I've found that everyone here is more than willing to
help as long as you're willing to listen.

U

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-05-2012, 08:10 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
That guide is great for initial install.

From the content in some of your other posts, it sounds like you might be interested in customizing your content.

You need to be aware that updating your database WILL wipe out your modifications if you modify any tables that are listed
in the Drop_System.sql file.

There is information around here concerning the export of modifications prior to updating. The 'Golden Rule' though is not to
update unless you want/need a particular game fix.

As far as installing your database, the guide stated to:

'use peq'

'source peqdb_rev1756.sql'

'source load_player.sql'

'source load_bots.sql' (only if you're using the bot build)

(I believe there is now suppose to be a semicolon ';' at the end of all action lines..otherwise you get a new line and the
command doesn't process. You shouldn't need it for 'use peq.')

It then tells you to look for eqemu-sponsored and peqdb-sponsered updates. Base database files are generally 'tied' to
a eqemu server revision. You just need to make sure that the provided updates start at, or are greater than, the
revision listed in the database filename. You should not apply older patches than this number..unless specifically told to.
You can actually put bugs into your database that the new release was suppose to fix, or new bugs altogether...

Updating a database with a new 'revision' usually entails dropping the current 'system' tables and sourcing in the new
'system' tables.

Something like this:

'use peq'

'source drop_system.sql;'

'source peqdb_rev####.sql;'

Then, checking for and sourcing any additional eqemu or peq updates like stated above.

Anytime a new eqemu revision comes out, you should check for those 'sponsered' updates. Sometimes,
other files will also be updated (like opcodes.conf, etc... Those would need to be copied over to your ..\eqemu\
directory as well. Keep an eye on what files are actually updated when you do a SVN update.)

Technically, you should be able to start at peqdb_rev0001 and just add the updates as they come out. This may not
be what is true though. If you have issues or questions regarding whether you should update or do a clean install,
just ask when you're ready to do so. There may be issues that only the new database build will fix.

EQEmu patches and PEQ database updates are usually tied together to some extent. There will be times when you can't
just update one or the other. Just make yourself aware of what needs to be updated before you actually start the
update process.

Don't be afraid to ask (or to look through the posts) for an answer. I've found that everyone here is more than willing to
help as long as you're willing to listen.

U
The thing is I have Rev2142, the guide just says an older revision, I followed the guide as best I could but got 2142 [and for the record eqemu 0.8.0 - on a side note still trying to fidn out if zoneproxy is compatible with this eqemu]... is there a chance I'm still missing something? I still can't inspect anything. As usual, any and all feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:41 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Based on all the other posts you have made, notably the thread about changing global load then the subsequent thread about how to make triggers that were supposed to be invisible, invisible again; and you not having a clue as to the likely actual cause of your problems, I would not expect you to ever figure this out.

So here is the easy answer: You messed something up.

What you need to do: Go find space to create a default server installation and a default client installation. Don't screw with any customizations and you will likely find all of your problems are gone.

Then work out from there making backups before each change.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:33 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

You also never answered the question about which client you are using. so it's impossible for someone else to test and verify. It could be an opcode being handled improperly.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:04 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
Based on all the other posts you have made, notably the thread about changing global load then the subsequent thread about how to make triggers that were supposed to be invisible, invisible again; and you not having a clue as to the likely actual cause of your problems, I would not expect you to ever figure this out.

So here is the easy answer: You messed something up.

What you need to do: Go find space to create a default server installation and a default client installation. Don't screw with any customizations and you will likely find all of your problems are gone.

Then work out from there making backups before each change.
The irony is that this -was- that default installation (i used that guide stickied on the main windows server support page) - I'm getting better and better each time i do it and nobody said i was perfect - believe it or not I -know- i messed up and i'm here because i see mistakes not as entirelly bad but just a way to measure my experience and learning - Hence i'm here asking - This is something that I had since the beginning (the inspect bug) - I probably didn't source something right or something but i can't recall any bugs or anything unusual about installation... and I actually didnt mess with any customizations until after i had everything accept this fixed ... so its not that but thats a good idea about the default stuff.. i did that though :shrug:

i using Rev-2142 (as i said earlier), eqemu 0.8.0 and Titanium as a client.

This is as far as I know what the error is/may be, I just don't know how to fix/approach it (it says this in the eqemu server error log each time
I try to inspect some one else (human player not npc) :

EQEMU ERROR log says

[06.26. - 14:01:51] Wrong size: OP_InspectRequest, size=8, expected 4

Old 07-06-2012, 03:59 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Titanium is the only patch that does not seem to encode or decode OP_InspectRequest. All of the other patches seem to decode the 8 byte packet into a 4 byte packet that the server expects.

I'm not going to install Titanium just to test this, but it may not be just you, someone else would need to test it to be sure.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:37 AM
trevius
Developer

I imagine that probably broke when I added all of the packet size checks to prevent potential crashes due to the wrong packet sizes being sent. Sounds like we could just change the struct size to 8 bytes. That, or add an encode for Titanium as well.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:52 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
I imagine that probably broke when I added all of the packet size checks to prevent potential crashes due to the wrong packet sizes being sent. Sounds like we could just change the struct size to 8 bytes. That, or add an encode for Titanium as well.
That sounds epic - What (if anything) would need to be done on my side to repair the inspect bug?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLGanjika View Post
That sounds epic - What (if anything) would need to be done on my side to repair the inspect bug?
Probably just wait for someone else to fix it and commit it.

If you wanted to try and fix it I would start with copying the encode/decode for that packet from one of the other patches, they're all the same from what I saw, and implementing it in the Titanium patch, then test to see if it worked.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:20 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
Probably just wait for someone else to fix it and commit it.

If you wanted to try and fix it I would start with copying the encode/decode for that packet from one of the other patches, they're all the same from what I saw, and implementing it in the Titanium patch, then test to see if it worked.
How would I do that? - Not sure if i've ever messed with that before. Does this involve opcodes.conf?

Old 10-14-2012, 12:53 AM
eisandman
Fire Beetle

Did this ever get resolved? I'm running into a similar issue.

Thanks.