PDA

View Full Version : Getting unknown opcode errors during login :(

flipper
04-03-2002, 07:31 PM
I'm running eqemu on a Linux computer (directly connected to the internet - no router). I'm using gotfrags (cyberjunky actually) for the login server. My error message during somone trying to login is:

434620 New client from ip: <their ip# here> port:57836
Account Attempting to be created:<username> 0
Logged in: LS#397: <username>
Sending list of guilds
Uknown opcode: 0x3521 size:2056
Client disconnected
Removing cliuent from ip:<ip # here> port:57836

My ini files are as follows:

db.ini
# Read README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=<mysql username>
password=<mysql password>
database=eq

LoginServer.ini
[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqlogin.cyberjunky.net
worldname=Lareth's Pad
locked=false
account=
password=
worldaddress=<linux box ip addy>
loginport=5999

The server is running 0.2.6 and the client (me) is running the latest version of EQ. I ran EQ using "eqgame patchme" and I am running Windows XP.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Flipper

strychn
04-03-2002, 07:34 PM
i haven't gotten the client to work with the emu in fullscreen.
someone explained to run a dos box, and go to the everquest directory and run it from there, but i still haven't gotten it to work.
i have however, run the normal eq shortcut, and after the patcher replaced my eqhost.txt, i just changed it back and everything runs fine. ??

flipper
04-03-2002, 07:38 PM
That approach scares me because VI will log me as patching the eqhost.txt file every time I play emu. That's a risky maneuver for those with active accounts on EQ live.

Thanks for the feedback though. I will try that tomorrow just once to see if perhaps I'm running EQ on my Win XP box in a way that emu isn't happy with.

Trumpcard
04-04-2002, 12:35 AM
A good option is to use EQLogin. It will seamlessly switch your eqhosts files for you... Very useful utility..

flipper
04-04-2002, 05:48 PM
I really like that EQLogin tool -- thanks Trumpcard!

However, the problem I was having turned out to be a crappy database. I took the stock 0.2.6 db and just used mysql to add in all the .txt files from Drawde's db. That didn't work out for me. Now I have the default database and it works.