PDA

View Full Version : 0.3.0 Bugs

Shawn319
04-06-2002, 02:48 AM
These are some bugs that are in 0.3.0:

1. #Setallskill command can be used by anyone.

More to come later hehe.. post any you find.

Drawde
04-06-2002, 07:46 AM
Spells still set your mana to zero (unless you've used #mana) and the wrong weapon skills go up in combat. These are old bugs however.
One new one I noticed is that sold items will usually return to your inventory after zoning.
Also, lifts don't work, but I assume you know this already!

wraithmajere
04-06-2002, 11:46 AM
1. Seems that you cant alter the beastmaster's class level even with serverop status.... by using #level or by eqadmin.... not sure about the other classes, but human monks works fine )

2. not sure if this is a bug or just a user err0r ;( but i can't seem to get #pvp on/off to work, course it says you do or dont follow discord, but others can still attack you etc... -- i read sumwhere that in the variables, u can set the servertype to 0 or 1, but i have no idea where to add this.... in eqadmin, i attempted to add a value of servertype and changed the value to 0 for non-pvp but that didnt seem to work either ;( maybe its just me, if u can help me plz do ;)

3. maybe or maybe not a bug, but maybe a todo ;) -- #dbspawn doesnt work for me... using 0.3.0... says command doesn't exist at serverop status.... course #spawn and #npctypespawn work.... but when u use #spawn the mob is always (faction: indifferent) and doenst have the correct loot-tables... i know about #npcloot add but thats just tedius... and #npctypespawn spawns the npc correctly with agro n all, but has no loot at all ;(

**was wondering if there was a way to spawn an npc IN-GAME from the database, with loot and correct faction....

4. also erm... if there is anyone who can give me some sample code or whatnot.... i noticed on EROS server, he has a #zone levelme --- which is pure genious ;) its even got its own graphics etc... kinda like a lava filled room, with a single npc in it.... a pleasure master or sumthing.... anyway, you hail the npc, and he responds with would you like to be lvl 60? etc.. etc... u respond back to him 2-3 times and he grants you level 61... course he doesnt give u skills yet... but...

**I would like to know how this was done, and can i do that from just using eqadmin? is there a sample code i could import or d/l and view sumplace on how to do that? also if anyone here has been on his server and seen the npc.... and zone... is that a zone he created from scratch or just a #loc in another zone, with its safe coords set different? just a few n00b questions, would like to see more of that kinda stuff, and run some of it on my server ;)

--Master Wraith

Lyenu X`Arie
04-06-2002, 12:55 PM
I'll work on fixing the skill problem, I know whats wrong, just been slipping my mind to fix it =P. Also PVP works fine.. in the admin tool you can set ServerType (notice the caps, they DO matter). when you set it to 0 it means you have a normal server, with normal EQ PVP rules.. if you're not PVP you can't attack other people, besides mobs, and you can only cast helpful spells on non-pvp players... all your spells are stopped from being casted on PVP. If you do type 1 you are a PVP server, using the rules of hte first basic PVP server, it jus tmeans you're all PVP from time of creation, you all follow the ways of discord on that server... members of discord can do anything they want to other PVP members, and they can be killed by them to.. but they can't touch non-PVP members. Hope that clears it up..

Elemental
04-09-2002, 04:26 PM
Spud's levelme zone is just a zone he added that loads the loading.cfg file. :) The loading.cfg file is a real zone.. just not one you visit in EQ Live. Loading zone = zone your characters are in on char select screen when you click on them and view them. :)

You can also goto the tutorial zone and run around there, check out the graveyard for the funnies~

If you want to create a zone, in EQAdmin, goto zones tab, add an entry, and name the zone what you want, longname (West Freeport), shortname (freportw) and then tell it which zonefile it uses for this zone. like, Spud has "Leveling Zone(? not sure!)" "levelme" and it uses loading.cfg file :)

But I'm not good at explaining techy stuff, and I've probably confused you.. so onward we go!

As for the NPC that levels you, that's an NPC Script. Image posted instructions on how to make them in one of the forums here... it's sticky. :) Basically, you create a directory called Quests, then make .txt files for zones and add quests into them, like what keywords a creature responds to. :)

Well, enough of my babble. Good luck!

Hmm
04-09-2002, 06:02 PM
BST gm can #level anyone but himself but can be leveled by someone else.

Wiz
04-10-2002, 01:34 AM
You eat food at insane speed. I went through three stacks of iron rations/fuzzlecutters in two minutes.

Zio
04-10-2002, 01:58 AM
on the bstlord thing. It hasn't worked for like .4 or 5 versions. Any race thats a bstlord cant be leveled. But to level mine I just #changeclass, level. then #changeclass again back to bstlord. Its a way to do it. But.. shrug? :D

kick for all kicking classes doesn't work. I think that is known by the dev and not a bug just bringing it up. And the biggest bug i've found. You attack and do attack animation even if its not in range. It's kind've strange

Oh yea, theres this error that when you spawn things and you run or they run or something about them moving sometimes they like go into the air. Like really high so you cant hit it. I dunno maybe its just me. But i've seen that error around.

Wiz
04-10-2002, 04:24 AM
Mobs summon in melee range.

Being summoned occasionaly causes you to fly up in the air.

When a mob casts a stunning spell on you, you remain stunned for a very long time, including spells like shock of lightning and chaos flux.

Wiz
04-10-2002, 04:25 AM
And the oh so hilarious bug, feature, whatever to call it.

- Hurt enchanter monsters cast illusion: Troll.

I guess it's some kind of mob proxy for a fear spell.

ibleet
04-10-2002, 04:44 AM
Whenever you cast any "stun-type" spell on a mob it remains stunned for a very long time. (1-2 minutes on average)

stormgod
04-12-2002, 05:29 PM
lore items can be looted twice but they disappear in the inv , anyway they seems to still use slots cause if you put others items in the place they are supposed to be next login you have nothing at thise place

food seems to regen when you zone

guards with faction kind or amiably dont attack monsters in their aggro radius( drawde 0.8b)

new 8 slot spellbook interface dont show , its the 5 slots instead (dunno if its a bug)

Merkur
04-12-2002, 06:58 PM
guards with faction kind or amiably dont attack monsters in their aggro radius( drawde 0.8b)

thats not really a bug, guards are supposed only to help you if your are allied with them. They don't have a faction with other NPCs...

DeletedUser
04-15-2002, 04:42 AM
Fixes I have done so far:

Weapon skills are now fixed (for real). We had the wrong numbers for the skills.

BST can be leveled now by #level (yay).

As for the spawning of an npc with loot & faction... Only #dbspawn2 is the way, but it uses the spawngroup table (which is a group), not the npc type. This also saves it in the database

All spawns with loot/faction are from the groups. Maybe we can add a #dbspawnnosave or something which wont save it, but will save it... How's that?

Ariak
04-15-2002, 11:57 PM
TOV Y/X coords are reversed. When you zone into #templeveeshan you are in the box. Reverse the two numbers, and you are fine.

Lurker_005
04-16-2002, 07:12 AM
Hogie, Yea more options!!! :)

Since this is turning into a feature request, I'll cut and paste it into the bugs/requests forum also.

Actually being able to spawn a npc from the db at the current zone loc would be nice, with and without saving it. Perhaps a command to repop a db spawn before the timer is up.

#repop NPC_number

Also for the future how about the ability to run a batch of commands from inside the emu? The batch file might have to be server side I quess.

#batch batch_file_name

The batch commands would use all in game commands, plus at least a pause [time, or triger to continue] Perhaps have this as a GM event type of feature. That way the dialog and spawns ect. can be scripted ahead of time.

strychn
04-16-2002, 12:31 PM
here's code to find an npc by name from the database, and to summon that npc using it's npc id...

void Client::FindNPC(char* search_criteria)
{
int count=0;
int iSearchLen = strlen(search_criteria)+1;
char sName[36];
char sCriteria[255];

strcpy(sCriteria, search_criteria);
strupr(sCriteria);
NPCType* npc = 0;
char* pdest;
for (int i=0; i < database.max_npc_type; i++)
{
if (database.npc_type_array[i] != 0)
{
npc = (NPCType*)database.npc_type_array[i];
strcpy(sName, npc->name);
strupr(sName);
pdest = strstr(sName, sCriteria);
if (pdest != NULL)
{
Message(0, " %i: %s", (int) npc->npc_id, npc->name);
count++;
}
if (count == 20)
{
break;
}
}
}
if (count == 20)
Message(0, "20 npcs shown...too many results.");
else
Message(0, "%i npcs found", count);
}

//summonnpc from database by ID
void Client::SummonNPC(int16 npc_id) {
NPCType* npc_type = database.GetNPCType(npc_id);
if (npc_type == 0)
{
Message(0, "No such npc: %i", npc_id);
}
NPC* npc = new NPC(npc_type, 0, this->GetX(), this->GetY(), this->GetZ(), this->GetHeading());
entity_list.AddNPC(npc);
}

i just copied and modified #finditem and #summonitem.
:)