PDA

View Full Version : New servertype: Rules and Infos

Merkur
04-06-2002, 12:29 PM
Since a lot of basic things like zoning and doors are in now, I deceided to start a new project and make a new servertype. This type will be in development for the next 1-3 weeks and since i'll need some feedback form players i'll post the rules here, so that you know whats going on and can test it out. The testserver will be "MerkurTest" (at least in the early stage).
The new type will be Guild oriented PvP (so if you want to test it you will need a guild to check out the new things). Guilds are able to conquer and command cities.

bold marked points are in already, others are in development

What are the general changes?:
- bankers won't be able to hold more then 8 items (no bags allowed) and no more than 2k plat
- whenever a player of a guild is killed by another player a serverwide message informs everyone about this.
- murderer will get a red name

What are the advantages? :
[b]- All NPCs in your city will be allied with you (regardles your race/class), and defend you, your guild and your city with their lives

Lyenu X`Arie
04-06-2002, 12:57 PM
Sounds good Merkur, hope to see it soon ;-)

Hmm
04-06-2002, 01:04 PM
wow thats why i liked emus.. possiblies of alternate rules.

04-06-2002, 09:41 PM
that sounds damn cool!

Shawn319
04-06-2002, 10:27 PM
sounds great. although not being able to have more than 10-15 people fighting (stable) in the same zone... will kinda suck :(

Shawn319
04-06-2002, 10:29 PM
also, we could make a new forum for ingame events (guild stuff such as events, raids, ect. )

Merkur
04-07-2002, 07:11 PM
the development of this new servertype is in progress and I'll run a testserver with the first changes soon. I thought a bit more about it and i deceided that i'll try to make fair PvP possible (to give the whole system a sense). As a result the follwing rules will be additional used on this server:

- Everyone will begin with level 30 and all skills at 100. There will be no levelup on this server by gms.
- You will get 5-8* more exp then on normal servers for killing mobs
- You will not be able to summon magic items (you can loot them though :) )
- You will not be able to use the #zone command, if you have less then 75% of your max. hitpoints.
- Im currently working on fixing charges but till its done, every item with charges (except items with unlimted charges) will have 0 from begin.
- You will be in on of two startguilds on this server (randomly). Even if its not your choice, don't fight against your guild (that means don't kill your guildmembers, don't attack your protector etc). If there should be enough people who want to build their own guild, i'll do this.

If needed more rules will follow. I hope you don't misunderstand this: I don't want anyone to camp a mob for some hours like in live EQ neither i want you to fight 9-20 hours only to get a level. But i want to put an important RPG element into this server (character building), because im sure it will be more fun than summoning the best items available, #zone to the closest player and click on your dmg proc item till he's dead.
I hope enough players are interested in testing & playing on such a server but i guess we will see :)

Merkur
04-08-2002, 05:06 PM
Testserver is up now.. somtimes :) BTW its called AGS (Advanced Guild System ;) )
Deceided to stop the development on this for now, EQEmu is still in a too early stage. I'll complete this later... much later and work on basic thing for now

just_add_water
09-08-2002, 07:20 AM
i'm willing to continue this, i'll hopefully bring up a server in a week or so(with some basic stuff)

DeletedUser
09-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Cool merkur!
0--------------------------------------------------------------------0
This is sort've like my emu mod I was making until the versions started messing up and EQEMu had its struggle.. maybe someday when it gets more stable and its at a good release i'll start working on my mod or perhaps try and help with yours.

Just confused why a neurtral person would get attacked by an alliance, they are without a guild; they are not an enemie nor a friend. You should have messages saying a warning and if in a certain time without them living the lands they attack.

- You could fiddle with wesquest and recreate the quest and add a few things. (i.e: player radius agroing and makes an npc send a message depending on alliance. (Split it in 3. Your alliance - neutral - your enemie), each one triggers off something. Alliance: they don't do anything. Neutral: Warning message trigger a timer till it sets off agro and if they leave the zone / agro radius the timer is reset and they go back to guarding. If its an enemie: They trigger off an attack shout (battlecry anyone? ;) ) and make them attack.

This is just my thought.. just don't see why neutral would be attacked on sight..

- You could also have it so everyone thats a certain status in the guild has a title and an item. The king has a title like.

King Darkyth of Nightborn < Knightborn >
(Wearing King's Crown)

You could build a sort of inn/house system. (Again with wesquests) make it so an NPC is setup at the bottom of an inn or near an area of houses. (Hog Callers tavern in freeport) and you can make it so they pay a fee for the key and it sends info to the db that you are the owner of that key and only you can have access to that key or person trying to get one like it would die (gm item? i don't know) and it takes money every time (eq time - every day,week,month?).. but the idea would be that they get something out of the room.. maybe when they enter the room it triggers a regen/clarity on you so you heal faster..

Ok! Enough with my wacky ideas :D

DeletedUser
09-10-2002, 02:13 AM
Lol please note Merkurs post date :)

DeletedUser
09-10-2002, 06:16 AM
After I posted I went to check, and guess what!

Waste of time :(