PDA

View Full Version : World data 0.8

Drawde
04-07-2002, 05:59 AM
Sorry this is a bit late, I was trying to find out the best formula for monster min/max
damage. The ratio I eventually chose works reasonably well with the combat code in 0.30.

As individual .txt files http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/worlddata0.8.zip
As a compiled DB http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/worlddata0.8db.zip

New things in 0.8
- Compatible with EQEmu 0.3.0
- NPCs and monsters now have min/max damage determined by level and race, and spell
lists determined by class and level (spells don't seem to work though at the minute)
- More or less fixed Z locations for many dungeons - Solusek's Eye, Nagafen's Lair,
Upper/Lower Guk, Permafrost and Sebilis amongst others. Also more loot tables for the unique
monsters in some of these zones.
- Added many more spawn points for monsters in outdoor zones, especially low-level ones (thanks
to Trumpcard for the location data)
- Added a few missing NPCs, monsters etc to various zones (also thanks to Trumpcard)
- Many other bugfixes, tweaks etc.

I've also uploaded a more up-to-date version of my parser program (EQNPC) which supports
Velious and Luclin race and zone names (read the readme for a list). This should help out
people like Ariak who are developing world data for these zones.

http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/eqnpc.zip

devn00b
04-07-2002, 06:05 AM
Wow nice and fast! (whats a day to re-create this all) Good work man!

Your DBs are great and im sure i speek for every one here wher i say Thank you for all your hard work

Ariak
04-07-2002, 06:27 AM
Beat me :(

Timeout
04-07-2002, 08:16 AM
Thank you Drawde! :)

Hmm
04-07-2002, 09:19 AM
woot! no more bare zones heh

Lurker_005
04-07-2002, 11:53 AM
World Data 0.8 Bug report.

There are still some zone names listed as "FIXME!!!" in the spawn2 table. It seems that right above each occurance is an entry with a propper zone name and the same X Y and Z locs.

Drawde
04-08-2002, 02:12 AM
Oops.. I forgot to check for errors like that this types. They're usually caused by typos in the input eqspawns.txt file.

Zeitgeist
04-08-2002, 02:28 AM
Good work, though, Drawde, as always. /cheer

Soulos
04-08-2002, 02:34 AM
:D Thanks for the updated db, just got eqemu, we ran a little lan party with ver 0.2.6 using ariaks db, which was great my mates loved it as we were all EQ addicts, just wanted to say great work !!!

Lurker_005
04-08-2002, 03:19 AM
Yep, I actually tracked one down, the spawn count and number of xyz locs were off .... but couldn't post an update last night. BTW do you have a way to incorporate changes from someone else? Bug fixes and such.

Perhaps just send you a file with the changed lines, as well as the original line for referance?

example:
-:Hill Giant..... ect -: for removed line
+:Frost Giant.... ect +: for added
and perhaps comments as to why some changes were made, wrong loc, dupe spawn, wrong model....

This would also apply to Ariak, It would be nice to help both of you track down and fix any spawn/database problems.

Ariak
04-08-2002, 12:30 PM
I can't update my DB until I fix the AI that is tormenting me. It REFUSES to work!

Even Drawde's mobs do not have improved AI, min/max dmg and or summon/flurry(ain't in..)/enrage/rampage. ETC.

No idea WTF is up.

Drawde
04-09-2002, 02:51 AM
The NPC special attacks and spell lists don't seem to work at all in 0.3.0.
I've tried doing some scripts for quests and NPC dialogue, but it doesn't seem to work at all.. the NPCs don't seem to respond to hails. I assume the number in the script (i.e NPC_SCRIPT #number) is the NPC's ID in the npc_types table?

Stud
04-09-2002, 02:58 AM
Odd.....the NPC scripts work for me alright.

strychn
04-09-2002, 03:59 AM
yes...
NPC_SCRIPT #npc_type_id
i found that a number of npc_type_id s changed and broke all the scripts i had for pre 0.8 db :p
works fine again once i updated them in the scripts

Drawde
04-09-2002, 07:13 AM
This is an example of one of the quest scripts I tried to add, so people can see if there's anything I did wrong. It is in qeynos.qst in the quests subdirectory of the EQEmu directory.
This quest is the guard who wants you to get him a muffin, taken from the compendium on EQCaster.com, hardly the stuff of legend but I thought I'd start off doing simple quests! However Guard Wenbie does not respond to hails, neither do any of the other scripted NPCs.
Also, it'd be nice if there was some way of having the NPC address you by name, and also if they could give you items and money (this is necessary for most quests!).

NPC_SCRIPT 2459 {
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail:
{
SAY:Hello Charname. What brings you to Qeynos? Must be the mighty fine muffins over at [Voleen's Bakery]. I just love those muffins.
}

TRIGGER_TEXT:bakery:
{
SAY:Oh, it will be easier for us both if I just show you where it is. Follow me. But be quick about it because I have to get back to my patrol.
}

TRIGGER_ITEM:13014:
{
SAY:Oh, thank you so much. I do get hungry on patrol. Here, please take this reward for your kindness.
# give 3sp, and a brass ring
EXP 150
}
}

devn00b
04-09-2002, 08:17 AM
I have no idea if they are working in this release (as i havent started to re-add all my quest NPC's) However to get them to say the char name add %CHARNAME% into it. so it would look somthing like this

NPC_SCRIPT 2459 {
{
SAY:Hello %charname%. What brings you to Qeynos? Must be the mighty fine muffins over at [Voleen's Bakery]. I just love those muffins.
}

I know ariak has been having problems getting special attacks to work, i fired my copy up using your .8 db and then went to cazic and he summoned me all over the place (nice being summoned 100feet in the air and falling to the ground for added dammage)

he whooped me good.

strychn
04-09-2002, 12:48 PM
here's some stuff i was playing with for the quest scripts...

NPC_SCRIPT 517{
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail:{
SAY:Hail %CHARNAME%. I am seeking young adventurers to assist in keeping the orcs from invading the city. Are you [interested]?
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:Interested:{
SAY:Glad to hear that friend. To fight in the name of the Gates of Freeport, is a mighty cause.
SAY:Now go, and return to me proof of your efforts against the invading orcs.
}
TRIGGER_ITEM:13885:{
SAY:Many thanks. Take this as payment well earned.
SPAWN_ITEM:1300
SAY:May it be of use to you in your travels.
}
}
NPC_SCRIPT 2182{
SAY:Hail. Do you desire assistance?
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:yes:{
CAST_SPELL 13
SPAWN_ITEM 32160
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:no:{
SAY:Infidel! I will destroy you.
ADD_HATELIST
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:heal:{
CAST_SPELL 13
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:level 60:{
SAY:So be it.
LEVEL 60
}
}
NPC_SCRIPT 354{
SAY:Hello %CHARNAME%. Care to buy some wares? Or shall i kill you?
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:kill me:{
ADD_HATELIST
}
}
NPC_SCRIPT 2612{
SAY:Greetings. Perhaps i could purchase a [favour] from you?
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:favour:{
SAY:Yes. It seems I've dropped my beetle eye in a guards pocket. If you would return it to me, I shall give you a great reward
}
TRIGGER_ITEM:13251:{
SAY:Thank you kindly stranger. Here is my payment to you.
SPAWN_ITEM 10400
EXP 100
}
}

should give good examples how set it up...
these work fine for me..
these particular ones i had setup for freportw.

strychn
04-09-2002, 12:49 PM
note....trigger item is broken. i've posted a fix for it if you care to compile it in....

Drawde
04-10-2002, 05:54 AM
I've found what I was doing wrong.. I had the brackets in the wrong place, like this

NPC_SCRIPT 1
{
{
SAY:Hiya
}
}

I didn't realise the starting bracket had to be on the same line as the NPC_SCRIPT and TRIGGER text. Anyway it now works OK, I've got some basic NPC dialogue working. As you say, item triggers don't seem to work though, hopefully in the next EQEmu version.
Is there a script command to give money to the player?

Lurker_005
04-11-2002, 07:09 AM
If someone is going to have to program the command to give money, a suggestion, make it versital. Allow for exact values as well as random values within a range. Something like 20 4 2 6 for exactly 20pp 4gp 2sp 6cp and 10-20 5 3-12 for 10 to 20 pp 5gp 3 to 12 sp and 0cp (mix styles, and leave out lower denominations)

stormgod
04-12-2002, 11:20 AM
would it be possible to store somewhere in the database the quests already done , and info like that , would be great to setup much more interactive quests ( a little like what verant is promising to players since two years) ??

phoria
04-13-2002, 04:10 PM
tov, st, vp dont have anymobs in them.. of the main zones i usually fight in... i was using the first db u had out for 3.0 worked fine.. this one dont have mobs in those zones

strychn
04-13-2002, 04:56 PM
trigger_item doesn't work in the 0.3.0 binaries.
i posted a fix for it, if you compile your binaries.

Rico
04-14-2002, 01:08 AM
Im no modder, so what I am about to post you'll have to put into code...more likely its just some n00b crap I decided to post, might not even be helpful )... :confused:

You could try something like
Task Object 'Guard X' to walk to #Loc 'X,Y,Z'

Object 'Guard X' in #loc 'X, Y, Z'
SAY:'Well, here we are infront of the bakery, I can smell those delicious muffins now'

Object 'Guard X' said 'X X X' then Task Object Guard 'X' to walk to#loc 'X,Y,Z'

you could also try spawning invisible 'Flags' for them to goto like Task Object 'Guard X' to walk to 'Flag X'
and you could try playing around with with the Task like,
Chat Contains: 'trouble'
Task Object 'Guard X' to run/attack to 'Flag X'

again I know NOTHING about editing :o , so feel absolutely free to flame away at me

Lurker_005
04-14-2002, 12:33 PM
Drawde here are some fixes to the released worlddata0.8

Drawde
04-15-2002, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the fixes..
I'd already fixed the bugs with the bixies etc. (caused by adding more spawn points but forgetting to increase the spawn point counter) but hadn't noticed the error with Xalgoz.
(Although Kaesora is totally messed up ATM, since it is a near-vertical dungeon with loads of levels, most of the Z values are wrong)

Lurker_005
04-15-2002, 06:46 AM
For any ShowEQ logs devide Z by 10 has worked pretty well. The numbers are always above the floor, but I havn't seen any that spawn back at the safe point. But as I recall most of your data is from the web, so may be mixed EQ and ShowEQ numbers :(

I can convert ShowEQ logs real easly into EQNPC files if you hapen to have a log for that zone (or any for that mater)

Lurker_005
04-15-2002, 09:54 AM
Oh Drawde while I have most/all the zone names figured out for EQNPC, could you post a complete list. Perhaps the race and class list too. The actual spelling, capatalization, and punctuation is the bigest problem :(

Two things I couldn't find were race Faydrakes 150 something I think and TempleofVeeshan zone

It would be nice if EQNPC would take either name or number for race and class and also allow the short name for the zones. :D

Shawn319
04-15-2002, 10:30 AM
There may be a SpawnCollector type program on the horizon.. keep your eyes open for it :)

Ariak
04-15-2002, 02:39 PM
Types of Drakes..
REd..
Black..
Blue..
Green..

150 Fay Drake just makes a certain color for a NTOV drake. Either blue or green, I forgot. 188 Drake is red/black.

Lurker_005
04-15-2002, 02:54 PM
actually 154 listed as Fay Drake Yep that was the one I was after :) I couldn't figure out what to use to get EQNPC to output 154 I ended up editing it manually afterwards. Same with TempleofVeesan ad the zone.

Drawde
04-16-2002, 01:11 AM
Sorry, I missed out ToV. I thought the "Faydrake" race number was unused (the "fae drakes" in the Faydark and Firiona Vie are actually Drixies) but it seems it is used in some zones.
I've put those two entries into EQNPC, I'll upload an updated version as soon as I finish doing a list of all the zone and race names it uses.

Lurker_005
04-16-2002, 07:17 AM
Thanks Drawde!

Ariak
04-16-2002, 07:32 AM
Drawde = Da Man.

Lurker_005
04-16-2002, 03:44 PM
I have a fixed rivervale zone for you (change file)

This should make the zone darn near complete and accureate as far a locs and npc's spawned. I marked 2 to be deleted, and added 2 in. A lot of spawns were moved in the Z by just 1. The spawn log numbers go em all to spawn right so I just stuck with it, even if only different in Z by 1 :p

I am going to work on Highhold Keep and Pass next...

I am also going to try and find some better diff type programs, any suggestions?

Drawde
04-17-2002, 12:12 AM
Thanks very much, I'll look at that data later and try adding it to my DB.

Trumpcard
04-17-2002, 01:13 AM
Not sure what your using Lurker, but if youre comfortable with Unix/Linux, download Cygwin.. Its a bit of an overkill, youre basically installing a Win32 port of a Unix environment, but it does provide you with a Windows ported Unix diff, along with all the other cool utilitiles we've come to love and expect from Unix..

theCoder
04-17-2002, 11:32 AM
I agree completely with Trumpcard -- diff is the way to go. Also, you'll want to use the command line options -Naur to create "proper" patch files (which can be used by the unix tool patch). So what you want to do is run in the directory above the EMU directory

diff -Naur eqemu-original/file.txt eqemu-working/file.txt > patchfile.txt

(assuming that your changes are in the eqemu-working directory and the original is in the eqemu-original directory)

Then, to apply the changes in patchfile.txt, you go to the EMU directory and run

patch -p1 < patchfile.txt

You can also have changes to multiple files or whole directories with the same system (just give the directory name instead of the file name when running diff).

You can get both diff and patch with cygwin if you're running Windows. The GNU utilities are really nice, even if they take a little time to get used to.

Lurker_005
04-17-2002, 04:53 PM
Whoot! found a full W32 command line port of it

http://www.fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp/aftp/pub/win32/patch-diff-w32.zip

The readme is in japanese, but diff and patch --help is in english :)

I'll have to play with it a bit to get a good handle on it.

theCoder
04-17-2002, 05:43 PM
I probably should have posted this before, but if you want to get the full cygwin (which I recommend), you can get it from one of the mirrors listed here:
http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html

For quick downloading, just click here (http://cygwin.com/setup.exe).

According to the package list (http://cygwin.com/packages/), both diff and patch are included. Also included is bash (a better shell than cmd) and gcc for compiling. The version of cygwin that I have installed is older, so YMMV, but you'll probably be happy.

And, as always, you can get the source code to any of the GNU software from one of the mirrors listed at http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html

theCoder
04-17-2002, 05:45 PM
I probably should have posted this before, but if you want to get the full cygwin (which I recommend), you can get it from one of the mirrors listed here:
http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html

For quick downloading, just click here (http://cygwin.com/setup.exe).

According to the package list (http://cygwin.com/packages/), both diff and patch are included. Also included is bash (a better shell than cmd) and gcc for compiling. The version of cygwin that I have installed is older, so YMMV, but you'll probably be happy.

And, as always, you can get the source code to any of the GNU software from one of the mirrors listed at http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html

Lurker_005
04-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Well here is a test diff file for drawde's 0.8 up to my changes tonight. The diff ran fine, but I am having trouble trying to get patch to apply the changes.

I get:
C:\Amusement Park\games\EQNPC\Diff>patch -p1 < patchfile
can't find file to patch at input line 4
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -Naur Drawde0.8/EQSpawns.txt Lurker0.3/EQSpawns.txt
|--- Drawde0.8/EQSpawns.txt Sun Apr 07 17:09:52 2002
|+++ Lurker0.3/EQSpawns.txt Thu Apr 18 01:59:26 2002
File to patch:
C:\Amusement Park\games\EQNPC\Diff>

Or:
C:\Amusement Park\games\EQNPC\Diff\Drawde0.8>patch -p1 < patchfile
patching file EQSpawns.txt
missing header for unified diff at line 10 of patch
can't find file to patch at input line 10
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|-1,4 +1,4 @@
|-NumNPCs 5617
|+NumNPCs 5611
| Aagron EasternPlainsofKarana 35 2010 0 0 3 Human 311 5 Warrior 0 1 -636 -52 3
| Aanina_Rockfinder NorthKaladim 38 3210 1 0 1 CitizenKaladim 108 394 Shopkeeper
210 1 401 -155 3
| Aarina_Ratsbone SouthKaladim 38 3210 0 0 1 CitizenKaladim 108 394 Shopkeeper 5
1 183 -137 3
File to patch:
If I change to where Drawde's files are.

Anyhow here is the Diff file. Now time for some sleep.