PDA

View Full Version : OUTDATED:: HOWTO: Setup a server with EQEmu 5.X

Bearik
11-26-2003, 11:47 PM
Outdated - information may be useful for future tutorials, but no information here should be used or trusted

Step One: Before You Start

1. Download and install MySQL 4.0.16 (http://www.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-4.0/mysql-4.0.16-win.zip/from/http://mirror.services.wisc.edu/mysql/) or MySQL 3.23.58 (http://www.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-3.23/mysql-3.23.58-win.zip/from/http://mirror.services.wisc.edu/mysql/)

2. Download and extract the latest EQEmu server binaries to wherever you want.

Step Two: MySQL Setup

1. Run winmysqladmin from your mysql\bin folder, a window should open asking for a username and password, chose a username and password you can remember. Leave winmysqladmin running.

2. Run dos prompt (start,run,cmd) and type:
cd\mysql\bin

mysql -u root mysql
(this opens mysql fully enabled)

Once inside mysql type:

grant all privileges on *.* to username@localhost identified by 'password' with grant option;

Change underlined username and underlined password with the username/password you chose when you ran winmysqladmin for the first time.

http://home.comcast.net/~bearik/5.JPG

3. Type in:
create database eq;

http://home.comcast.net/~bearik/1.JPG

4. Now you need to source in your SQL files into your database, So move db.sql from the EQEmu folder to mysql\bin

5. Type in:
use eq;
source db.sql;

http://home.comcast.net/~bearik/2.JPG

Now alot of lines should appear saying Query OK, 1 row affected <0.00 sec>

6. Exit MySQL

Step Three: EQEmu Setup

Now you need to edit LoginServer.ini and db.ini only underlined text you need to modify

db.ini

[Database]
host=localhost
user=YourMysqlUsername
password=YourMysqlPassword
database=eq
compression=off

Replace YourMysqlUsername with the username you chose and replace YourMysqlPassword with the password you chose (Duh)

LoginServer.ini

[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginport=5997
worldname=Your server name here
worldaddress=Your external IP Address here
locked=false

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

Replace Your server name here with what you want your server to be called. (Note: Dont put server in your worldname)

Replace Your external IP Address here with your IP address, http://www.whatismyip.com/ can tell you what that is.

Step Four: Running EQEmu

1. Copy spells_en and spells_us from your EverQuest directory to your EQEmu directory

2. Right click on Boot5zones.bat and click edit. It will open up to something like this

@echo off

if NOT exist spells_en.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . YourIP 7995 YourIP
start zone . YourIP 7996 YourIP
start zone . YourIP 7997 YourIP
start zone . YourIP 7998 YourIP
start zone . YourIP 7999 YourIP
exit
cls

You need to replace YourIP with you guessed it, your IP address. Again you can find out what your IP address is by going to http://www.whatismyip.com/

One effective way of doing this is pressing CTRL + H, a window will pop up that looks lke this (Note: CTRL + H doesnt work in all text editors, so just use notepad for this)

http://home.comcast.net/~bearik/3.JPG

After Find what: Put in YourIP and after Replace With: Put your IP address

http://home.comcast.net/~bearik/4.JPG

Then just keep hitting replace until it replaces all of the YourIPs

3. Start up world.exe If you didnt setup db.ini correctly it will give you a bunch of errors that it cant access the 'eq' database. If this happens make sure the database is running (check services running) or open up winmysqladmin.exe if its not. The last message you should see is it trying to post itself to the EQEmu login servers. It mail fail due to internet traffic, if so close it and try again. You should see this at the end signifying your server is being listed at EQEmu.

World server listening on: port 9000
Connected to LoginServer: eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997

4. Start up Boot5zones.bat, this will start 5 zone servers in 5 different windows.

5. Enjoy

Notes:

For now, make sure your firewalls are turned off, this includes the Windows XP/2k3 software firewall. Check Here (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4177) for information on running behind a firewall

Right now the best 5.x compatible database is MWnpcmovDB, bytcsmyworld. For the latest release check the World Building forum.

If you want to compile your own server binaries with the latest dev releases check this topic Click Here (http://www.everquestserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9648)

/End Guide Last updated: Monday, Dec 1, 2003

Big thanks to arkaria, shawn, mattmeck.

Any suggestions for the guide would be appreciated, and please tell me if something is incorrect.

ThoQ
11-27-2003, 05:37 PM
ok, When i go to start Worlddebug.exe the window opens and closes very fast.

When i run it through cmd, it says

[Database] block not found in DB.INI.
Read README.TXT!

C:\EqEmu\cvs\newsource\build\

I've looked through any available documentation, double, triple, and quadruple checked my mysql config, my firewalls are disabled/don't have one.

I've followed yours and the sticky post on to how to get this to work, but i can't get past this spot. Any help?

arkaria
11-27-2003, 07:18 PM
what does your db.ini look like?

Astartae
11-28-2003, 07:06 AM
When I did the last step on this guid, this is what I get:

C:\Games\EverQ\EQ5 Win>world.exe flag Astartae 200
Got signal 0
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.2
Account being GM Flagged:Astartae, Level: 200
Database Error: Lost connection, attempting to recover....
DB Query Error #2006: MySQL server has gone away
database.SetGMFlag failed.

C:\Games\EverQ\EQ5 Win>

Any ideas what that means? I have winmysqladmin.exe running and the light on it is green. I have the eq database created and sourced using the db.sql and the update.sql that came with the 5.2 download...

Bearik
11-28-2003, 10:51 AM
MySQL is rejecting the password you gave it, did you edit DB.ini?

Also check this topic
http://www.everquestserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1169

And you only need to source DB.sql from the 5.2 binaries, update.sql is just for updating older DBs.

Astartae
11-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Yes and I am pretty sure I put the same password in both but I'll double check everything. Thanks for giving me some light on the meaning of that error.

Shawn319
11-29-2003, 05:16 AM
Looks good except for the part where you do the 'grant' command..

The best time to do this, is right before you plan on creating the 'eq' database.

From a command line (start, run, CMD), type:

cd\mysql\bin

mysql -u root mysql
(this opens mysql fully enabled)

then once inside mysql, type:

grant all privileges on *.* to username@localhost identified by 'password' with grant option;

(and change the username/password to be the u/p you choose when running winmysqladmin for the first time)

Then go on to create the database.

arkaria
11-29-2003, 05:33 AM
Make no diff what so ever when you do the grant command so long as it's beofer you try to start up your server.

Bearik
11-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Updated guide with new grant procedure and a couple others suggestions (Thanks matt/shawn)

El_Labero
11-29-2003, 07:25 PM
i

rmm99
11-30-2003, 05:04 AM
Someone else on the boards fixed that error by using only lower case user names and passwords. Your mileage may vary.

Icebluud
11-30-2003, 10:49 AM
Hey all, this is my first time setting up one of these servers. everything looks fine when starting the server except for some reason it cant contact the login server.. I copy/pasted the loginserver.ini from this post so I'm not to sure what could cause this.
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.1
[Status] Loading variables..
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Loading items..
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading items from database: count=25924, max id=68199
[LoginServer] block not found in 'LoginServer.ini'.[Status] Loading guild ranks..
[Status] Loading addon.ini..
[Status] Loading EQ time of day..
[Status] Reboot zone modes ON
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player backups from database
Warning: Pants may change during online play.
TCP listening on: port 9000
World server listening on: port 9000

heres the server I'm logging into
[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginport=5997
I'll keep digging and check back in a few

Icebluud
11-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Bah damn spaces...there were spaces at the end of the lines when I copy/pasted.

a_Guest03
12-01-2003, 03:18 AM
Stickied for grins. Let's get this cleaned up.

Shawn319
12-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Make no diff what so ever when you do the grant command so long as it's beofer you try to start up your server.

Correct, but some people have trouble using 'source db.sql' when they have not given themselves the privileges. Also, it makes sence to do this at a time when you would be at mysql anyway..

=)

hypershadow66
12-03-2003, 03:47 PM
umm, when i get to the part where i open db.sql it says Error: failed to open db.sql;

Bearik
12-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Could you be a little more specific hypershadow? Did you try to literally open db.sql, or did you just type "Open DB.sql;" ?

should just be "source db.sql;"

Also copying the error from cmd prompt would help :)

a_Guest03
12-04-2003, 03:13 AM
It would also help if you posted a request for support in a support forum and just quoted this thread.

the2ndone
12-04-2003, 03:06 PM
I get the same error; (failed to open file 'db.sql;' , error 2)_

the2ndone
12-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Some time I feel so stupid I put the db.sql file im my eq folder and not im my bin folder lol.

Ynyyk
12-21-2003, 09:28 PM
I managed to use this guide and i can see my server listed on Eqemu servers. But unfortunately i can't even log in cause it is written CLOSED.

So how to avoid this and now how to do something in the server as a GM or as a player ?

animekenji
12-27-2003, 02:34 AM
ran command mysql -u root mysql and got the following error message:

ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' <10061>

Ynyyk
12-27-2003, 05:30 AM
I have since yesterday night the same problem than animekenj.

When i am in the dos (by cmd) in this repertoire (c:\mysql\bin) i type mysql -u root mysql (cause i want to have all right to create a new DB) and it is writtten this :
ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

And when i try to do world.exe (to see what happens) it is written :

Got signal 0
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.3-DR2
Error in LoadVariables query 'SELECT varname, value, unix_timestamp() FROM varia
bles where unix_timestamp(ts) >= 0' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
[Status] Loading zones..
Error in LoadZoneNames query 'SELECT MAX(zoneidnumber) FROM zone' #2006: MySQL s
erver has gone away
[Status] Loading items..
Error in GetItemsCount query 'SELECT MAX(id),count(*) FROM items' #2006: MySQL s
erver has gone away
Error: Database::LoadItems() (sharemem): GetItemsCount() returned -1
[Error] Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring
[Status] LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading guild ranks..
Error in LoadGuilds query 'SELECT id, eqid, name, leader, minstatus, rank0title,
rank1, rank1title, rank2, rank2title, rank3, rank3title, rank4, rank4title, ran
k5, rank5title from guilds' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
[Status] Deleted -1 stale player corpses from database
[Status] Deleted -1 stale player backups from database
Warning: You need to get laid...
TCP listening on: 81.66.121.26:9000
World server listening on: 81.66.121.26:9000
===============================
Runtime errors:

MySQL Error #2003 means you were unable to connect to the mysql server.
For more information on this error, visit http://www.eqemu.net/eqemuerror.php?id
=2

Hit any key to exit

so can someone help me (during this time i will try to resolve my problem myself)
:lol:

mattmeck
12-27-2003, 05:48 AM
all you need to know can be found by using search

Ynyyk
12-27-2003, 06:29 AM
Mattmeck you are a Helper ? So instead of saying always use search (guess what i use search about error 2003 and i found several post but none resolved my problems) why not really helping me (or others).

I am sure it take egual time to flame than to help. And believe or not i REALLY try to find answers by myself (search, own tries...etc).

I hope i won't be banned for only say what i think.

mattmeck
12-27-2003, 06:37 AM
to quote the words of the Devs http://www.everquestserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10773

and http://www.everquestserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11111 (since you are asking in the wrong forum)

and http://www.everquestserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8849 (right in this forum)

Bearik
12-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Ynyyk, mattmeck is the best kind of helper because not only does he help with problems but he helps people understand that theres a god damn search button that solves 80% of all EQEmu problems. :)

And he does help people alot, just look through his posts.

This is not a support forum. If you have a problem please post in the support forum and say that you got it after reading my guide so I can improve this in whatever way.

Thanks. Bearik out -_-

Squiffy
01-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Mkay, I've tried everything here and I'm stumped. I'm modifying this howto to make a local server. Replacing everything with "localhost" (without the quotes) wherever an IP is.

So I run MiniLogin, World goes fine, except for some database issues (it's empty right now) then B5Z works fine, too.

I load up EQ, get to server select, mine shows up there, but locked. Odd, since the login.ini is set to false, but hey. I hit play, and after a minute get 1017ed.

db.ini
[Database]
host=localhost
user=myusername
password=mypassword
database=eq
compression=off

LoginServer.ini
[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginport=5999
worldname=Squiffy Emulator
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Minilogin gives me an error about a missing Miniloginaccounts.ini, or similar. Is that the culprit, or a red herring?

The eqemu/eqemu account is added in the sql table, and I added it through world.exe.

Any ideas? :(

Muuss
01-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Minilogin requires its ini file, read that post :
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11268&highlight=minilogin

Squiffy
01-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Bleh I got all excited. I added the MLA.ini file and originally had

localhost eqemu eqemu

Which wasn't working. Changed it to 192.168.1.100, and the server was unlocked this time /gasp.

Still 1017, though.

/sigh.

Here's the output I get, by the way...

MiniLogin:
LoginServer.ini read.
MiniLoginAccounts.ini read.
Server mode: Standalone
Login server listening on port:5999

World.exe:
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Loading items..
[Status] Loading items from database: count=0, max id=0
[Error] DBLoadItems query 'SELECT gmflag,minstatus,unknown002,unknown005,unknown
107,unknown108,id,weight,norent,nodrop,size,itemcl ass,idfile,lore,slots,cost,nam
e,icon,unknown105,booktype,filename,bagtype,bagslo ts,bagsize,bagwr,augslot1type,
augslot2type,augslot3type,augslot4type,augslot5typ e,unknown018,unknown019,unknow
n020,casttime2,unknown061,unknown067,unknown069,un known070,unknown076,unknown077
,augtype,ldonpointtheme,ldonpointcost,unknown099,a str,asta,aagi,adex,awis,aint,a
cha,pr,mr,dr,fr,cr,skillmodvalue,skillmodtype,bane dmgamt,banedmgbody,banedmgrace
,magic,hasteproclvl,light,delay,effecttype,range,d amage,material,maxcharges,recl
evel,recskill,charmfile,factionmod1,factionmod2,fa ctionmod3,factionmod4,factiona
mt1,factionamt2,factionamt3,factionamt4,reqlevel,h p,mana,ac,color,classes,races,
spellid,casttime,focusid,itemtype,accuracy,avoidan ce,bardtype,bardvalue,combatef
fects,deity,elemdmgamt,elemdmgtype,sellrate,shield ing,spellshield,strikethrough,
stunresist,tradeskills FROM items ORDER BY id', #1054: Unknown column 'casttime2
' in 'field list'
Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadItems: !cbDBLoadItems
Breaking bards...done
TCP listening on: localhost :9000
World server listening on: localhost :9000
Connected to LoginServer: localhost:5999

Zone.exe:
[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.5.2
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items

At this point, 99% of the time, it stops. After a loooong pause it spits out the rest:

Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadItems: !ItemsMMF.IsLoaded() (timeout)
[Error] Loading items FAILED!
Failed. But ignoring error and going on...
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading NPCTypes from database...
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading Doors from database...
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] 148 commands loaded
[Status] Entering sleep mode
Connected to worldserver: localhost:9000

Muuss
01-07-2004, 10:02 PM
there's a lots of posts concerning 1017 errors, even some sticky ones. you should read them (use the miraculous search button) and you ll prolly find a solution :)

Squiffy
01-07-2004, 10:14 PM
I've been steadily browsing the forums for the past 3 hours trying to find a solution.

Most people are trying to log in through your login server to join an existing server, or make their own.

I just want a local one. Haven't found anything yet. Sorry if I'm missing something.

Muuss
01-07-2004, 10:19 PM
well, ok, since this is a tutorial forum and not a support one, we'd better stop to talk here. I suggest you make a post in the general support or win32 support. there, you write exactly what you're doing and what's your configuration, then post your config files, and not mention in the subject it is a 1017 error, just report in in the post, near the end :wink:
on your world.exe and zone.exe consoles, you might get some messages, post them too.

see you there.

Squiffy
01-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Sorry for derailing. *hops off to the other forum*

Lurker_005
01-10-2004, 09:07 PM
I hadn't read this one before, nice work.

2 suggestions

1) add a section about routers and protfowarding ports 9000 5997 and 7995-7999

2) older notepads don't use ctrl - H but do have a menu item Search -> Replace

BLOOD_kane
01-11-2004, 06:33 AM
squiffy I have the EXACT same problem as you...figured it out yet? :shock:

mattmeck
01-11-2004, 06:40 AM
you need to use a newer DB like i already told ya in your ther thread.

BLOOD_kane
01-11-2004, 07:03 AM
EDIT: Nevermind just checked the other thread. My only problem now is somehow setting my ServerOp Flag but Ill search for the forums for that answer ;)

Ligghtning
01-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey. Just wondering...where should the world.exe be located? I seem not to have one. Used search on me comp and still no world.exe. Is it supposed to be in the latest version of db?

Badil
01-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Hey. Just wondering...where should the world.exe be located? I seem not to have one. Used search on me comp and still no world.exe. Is it supposed to be in the latest version of db?

The db files, such as TCS or Myra's are just .sql files to source into mysql. World.exe (and zone.exe and emusharemem.dll) come with the binary package. What files have you downloaded ?

Ligghtning
01-13-2004, 12:11 PM
just mysql

Ligghtning
01-13-2004, 12:12 PM
ok so the binaries are where?

Badil
01-13-2004, 12:14 PM
ok so the binaries are where?

http://shawn319.eqemulator.net/cvs

Ligghtning
01-13-2004, 12:27 PM
ok extracted the binary to my eq folder and i still don't have any world.exe

Ligghtning
01-13-2004, 12:29 PM
nvm nvm

Ligghtning
01-13-2004, 12:43 PM
ok so i finally found world.exe and now when i try to open it a cmd prompt window flashes and closes itself...any ideas or anything i missed?

mattmeck
01-13-2004, 12:47 PM
any ideas or anything i missed?

Other then the support forums and the search button?

This could be caused by a couple dozen issues, check out the support forms / search button. If you cant find your answer start a thread in the proper forum with all the steps you did and the issue you are having.

nascarfan1888
01-30-2004, 12:49 PM
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Loading items..
[Error] DBLoadItems query 'SELECT gmflag,minstatus,unknown002,unknown005,unknown
107,unknown108,id,weight,norent,nodrop,size,itemcl ass,idfile,lore,slots,cost,nam
e,icon,unknown105,booktype,filename,bagtype,bagslo ts,bagsize,bagwr,augslot1type,
augslot2type,augslot3type,augslot4type,augslot5typ e,unknown018,unknown019,unknow
n020,casttime2,unknown061,unknown067,unknown069,un known070,unknown076,unknown077
,augtype,ldonpointtheme,ldonpointcost,unknown099,a str,asta,aagi,adex,awis,aint,a
cha,pr,mr,dr,fr,cr,skillmodvalue,skillmodtype,bane dmgamt,banedmgbody,banedmgrace
,magic,hasteproclvl,light,delay,effecttype,range,d amage,material,maxcharges,recl
evel,recskill,charmfile,factionmod1,factionmod2,fa ctionmod3,factionmod4,factiona
mt1,factionamt2,factionamt3,factionamt4,reqlevel,h p,mana,ac,color,classes,races,
spellid,casttime,focusid,itemtype,accuracy,avoidan ce,bardtype,bardvalue,combatef
fects,deity,elemdmgamt,elemdmgtype,sellrate,shield ing,spellshield,strikethrough,
stunresist,tradeskills FROM items ORDER BY id', #1054: Unknown column 'casttime2
' in 'field list'

nascarfan1888
02-02-2004, 07:59 AM
please disregard my above message as i have resolved that problem :D

Makallitank
02-06-2004, 09:26 PM
It seems i am missing db.sql completely - its not in my mysql folder any ideas?

nascarfan1888
02-07-2004, 03:57 AM
It seems i am missing db.sql completely - its not in my mysql folder any ideas?

Which version of eqemu are you using? The 0.5.3 dr3 does not have a db.sql. You have to search around for an updated database source it in mysql using the command use (XXX)*
source (YYY).sql X = the name of your database and Y = the name of your .sql that you are sourcing. I'm sorry i do not know off the top of my head where you can get an updated database.sql.

Monrezz
02-07-2004, 04:05 AM
It can be downloaded in the "EQEmu Release" folder in CVS on SourceForge. If you don't have a CVS client, use the CVS Repository and download via that.

torormgotjewed
03-08-2004, 10:12 AM
sorry, wrong forum~

samandhi
03-08-2004, 10:52 AM
or is that an impossibility because running yer own server isn't that simple and you needa know what you're doing to keep one up? That is fairly close, as it DOES take SOME know-how to set one up and maintain it.

torormgotjewed
03-08-2004, 10:52 AM
ok heres a more constructive question,

where do i DL the latest eqemu server binaries?

i'm assuming this is the "db.sql" file talked about later in the tutorial

samandhi
03-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Server binaries, and DB files are two different animals. But one needs the other to fully function. You can get the latest binaries from a link on the homepage. http://www.eqemulator.net (http://www.eqemulator.net) . It is 0.5.3, but it is a patch or two behind EQLive, so unless your client (read the game) is patched to before the patch on 2-10-04, then you wont be able to play on that version of the server... There is a newer server listed as 0.5.5 DR1, however, they are in source (no binaries) because it is NOT a release, and there is NO support for them whatsoever. So unless you know how to compile them, and can set it up by yourself, I would not recommend attempting the 0.5.5 DR1's for now..... Otherwise you will have to stick to playing on someone else's server till they are released....

Tulladar
03-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Quick question..I got my server up and all that good stuff...but it's locked..If this was covered in another post plz let me know been trying to find something of that sort for about an hour now with no luck =/

btw...this is what I get: [Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.3-DR3
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Loading items..
' in 'field list'
[Error] Could not load EQTime file ./eqtime.cfg
[Error] Unable to load ./eqtime.cfg
You may already be a winner... of the darwin award.
TCP listening on: 192.168.2.2:9000
World server listening on: 192.168.2.2:9000
Connected to LoginServer: eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997

samandhi
03-11-2004, 08:39 AM
[Error] Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring Your database is NOT compatible for the version of EQEMu you are trying to run.. Look in the world building forum for links to the newest databases...

Fallow
03-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Step One: Before You Start

Once inside mysql type:

Change underlined username and underlined password with the username/password you chose when you ran winmysqladmin for the first time.

http://home.comcast.net/~bearik/5.JPG

did as you said typed that but said error 1045: access denied to (my user name)@localhost identified by '(my password)' with grant option:
of coarse i didnt put parenthesis so what you think is wrong i did create my name and pass in that one program you said to run

Fallow
03-13-2004, 06:33 PM
and i did a search and nothing worked

jamescr
05-05-2004, 01:23 PM
I just recently got my server up, never really done anything with servers. Finally got bored and decided to make my own server. Haven't really found out how to look at my database itself heh, and haven't figured out how to edit items or anything lol. So, anyone who can help me with anything , that would be awesome :)

onejessman
09-18-2004, 11:29 AM
mysql> use eq;
Database changed
mysql> source db.sql;
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'db.sql', error: 2
mysql>

CHowell2005
09-18-2004, 01:21 PM
why dont you quit posting the same exact thing all over the freakin place and go read some responses to your other threads that are the same you stinkin genious......i dont know how the devs and admins do this...they have some serious patience and self control