PDA

View Full Version : Many items still need updates - Need more people collecting

tbigg
12-02-2003, 10:32 AM
There are still many items that have not been updated since Sony did the massive changes to augmentation slots, lore flags and merchant prices. There are about 5000 lore items that have not been updated, and I'd guess an equal number of non-lore items.

I run through the bazaar once a week and click on each trader, and I can still capture hundreds of updates each time.

We need more people to take some time to tag all the traders in the bazaar and merchants in each zone on your EQ Live server, and capture links in serverwide, guild and raid channels. See a list of serverwide channels here:
http://www.everquestserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11255&sid=8d1e56e543ab21f9ef8b0190c84c4943

EQemu is currently the most complete and up-to-date open item database available, but I think we need more volunteers to fill the gaps and keep it the best.

BTW, the item database at 13th floor seems to have much more activity with updates, but it is only half the size of EQemu's DB.

Magick
12-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Here Here!!

Actually, we don't seem to be doing too poorly. The db has been jumping a hundred or so a week in new items, that's a good thing!

It seems to me that more people are trader mining the collects though. That helps but as you said, alot of lore/no drop items need updating. A quick scan of the db shows ToV (Temple or Veeshan) as a good example. Alot of those items, the no drop ones, have never been PC'd according to the dates. On the flip side, alot of the VT no drops have been updated in the last few weeks :)

We'll get there, eventually. But I agree, it would be nice to double the pace.

Most of the serverwide channels don't link much besides end game drops. While great to collect those, and I'd encourage it, the majority is already up to date minus a few pre-time/pop and a handful of PoTime drops as well as the majority of LDoN Raid drops. Unfortunately, the tough collects (my opinion) are probably places like ToV where very few raid anymore. So if you can help... I echo tbigg and say "please do!!" :D

Edgar1898
12-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Also I think we are getting held back because our tool isnt as user friendly (ie a GUI) as some of the other collectors. One of these days I'll get around to making a nice GUI for it.

a_Guest03
12-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Grats on 500 posts, LE.

Write the damn thing in VB! :lol: Who cares if it is evil?

Edgar1898
12-03-2003, 01:49 AM
hehe, thanks, I didnt even notice I had 500 posts heh.

Would probably just be easier to continue it in visual c and just make a nice frontend to it then try to integrate it using vb, although if I was starting from scratch I probably would use vb :P

I'm all about saving time

Rogean
12-03-2003, 06:48 AM
ill make a vb program that launches it with the correct arg's if you want me to, ;)