PDA

View Full Version : Zone Server no longer going into sleep mode..

Vipermmx
01-24-2002, 11:08 AM
(sigh) what next. The stupid zone servers dont go into sleep mode when I use the boot5zone anymore. Everything else loads fine but they never say going into sleep mode. When I try to load char it says zone server not there.

What in the world is causing this problem. Right before this happen I tried to zone from South qeynos to north and the thing crashed with a GPF.

EDIT: Yes I have restarted.

EDIT2: Weird they just started working again. Hmm think 2.0 isnt to stable on my machine. From the lag local to the issues. Doh.

Vipermmx
01-24-2002, 11:15 AM
Whats wrong with qeynos2? It says qeynos2.map not found. Then I get a GPF crash before i zone in. S.Qeynos works fine. Is north qeynos dead?

I know the mpa file has nothing to do with it since all zones say that. Qeynos2 just crash everytime. Is there something I need to set for qeynos2 to work? Man this is hard to get 1 zone to work. Wonder if its a bad file. My qeynos2 in EQ that is.

madborg
01-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Were you ever able to get to qeynos2 with 0.2? And if you did get into the zone, how did you do it:
ie walked from qeynos to qeynos2, or #zone.
How are you trying to get into qeynos2 now? walking or #zone?

The reasoning why I ask is that walking from qeynos to qeynos2 is less than perfect -- you will crash maybe not 100% of the time, but you will. But when you relog, you will be in the next zone.

If you do #zone you should be able to go back and forth just fine.

The reason why things seem to magically start working again is that because you are running into a less than 100% situation -- it will work fine sometimes and then not. I am also willing to bet my hamster that you are walking to the zone and not using #zone.

**added**
you just had to prove me wrong huh? After I posted this I did a #zone to qeynos from qeynos 2 and crashed. This is my first #zone crash.