PDA

View Full Version : Issue with effecttype

kawaru23
12-11-2003, 07:46 AM
There are a number of items that list their effecttype as 0, or Combat, in the database that fit in slots that can't be procs. Abalone Earring (item # 7127) and the Prominent Adventurer's Amulet (item # 25933) being examples of that. They have a casting time listed, which I suppose is one way to check to see if they are procs, but anyone know a way to tell whether they need to be equipped to cast or not? According to Lucy's the Abalone Earring can be cast from inventory while the Amulet cannot be. I've looked up and down the entries for these two trying to find some way to figure it out, but not seeing anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Magick
12-13-2003, 12:01 AM
The two items you listed have updated dates of September of this year. If I remember correctly, anything not collected during or after October was hand entered. This means those two were never PC'd from Live and the information is not correct.

Also, there certainly is a way to check whether an item has to be equipped or not. Without double-checking (It's late and I'm tired), I think it is the "effect type" column. You have worn, w/ class check, etc.

kawaru23
12-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Aha, well that explains that. But as to checking whether they are Worn, etc. the EffectType field isn't accurate on them. Nor is it on a lot of items. I ran into some 120+ items with Flowing Thought on them listed as being EffectType 0, or Combat Proc. Similarly there were a number of Haste items listed as being procs when they were Worn effects. Some of these are easy to catch, but as for the others .... Well, if they aren't accurate, they aren't accurate. No losing sleep over it.

On another note, are you aware that there are several items that have AC, stat bonuses, delay, damage, and proc level that are listed as being 122? From double-checking them they are supposed to be 26, as you can tell from looking in the Skills table, but it's kind of wacky.

Magick
12-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Are these recently collected items that you are refering to?

Again, I know some of the older, non-pc'd items are very incorrect. Start a DE SK (unless this was PC'd lately) and the scroll for the GM has like 75hps and beats most twink armor :)

kawaru23
12-15-2003, 04:48 AM
How can you tell the update date on items? I'm not seeing that field in the items dump I have.

Magick
12-15-2003, 06:38 PM
If the db is recent, you should have an updated field or something along those lines (I apologize, my Emu box isn't running atm to check). Otherwise, go to the online database (http://www.everquestserver.com/items.php) and search for the item. You'll find the update stamp there.

tbigg
12-15-2003, 09:05 PM
FYI, The dumpeditems.sql file does not include the "updated" data element. It would be nice to have that, since I could use it to focus on collecting the items that need to be updated, and in general we'd know which items are most reliable.

But with the Big Patch happening on EQ Live in a few hours, I expect that the devs will be very busy getting things working again overall.