PDA

View Full Version : Problems running Eqemu

Sauron
04-08-2002, 05:12 PM
Ok this is my first time running eqemu on linux. I have run it on windows many times before. I already installed mysql, set up the eq database. Also I downloaded the source code and did the make commands to compile it. There were no errors when I was compiling it. However when I try to run the either the world or zone servers from a terminal window I get the error "Command not found" and if I run it from the KDE file manager it does nothing. Linux says that they are executable but won't run them. Does anybody know what could be going wrong?

theCoder
04-08-2002, 06:26 PM
I don't know why running the servers from the KDE file manager would not do anything, but I suspect that your command-line problem is due to the fact that the current directory (".") is not in your PATH. Nor should it be (for safety reasons). This is unlike the DOS/Windows world, where the current directory is inherently in the path. Try running the servers as ./world and ./zone instead.

You might also want to create a bin directory to put the executables and configuration files in. But that's just my personal preference.