PDA

View Full Version : Was led to thinking qst format still worked

Kroeg
12-15-2003, 02:07 AM
I overheard a developer tell another user that the old qst format worked. Although I was already utilizing perl, i decided to test this for the team by compiling normal (without adding in perl parser) and copying my 050 quests folder over to eqemu folder.

While utilizing 0.5.3 DR1.. (and tried this with 0.5.2 official)

When i ran eqemu I get a familiar "that zone is unavailable" error. I tried taking the /npc zone comments/ off each file with a fast text replacer and still, same results.

Has the syntax for qst changed, and if so, what has changed?

SaguratuS
12-15-2003, 09:40 AM
the .qst format still works perfectly, although there is one minor format change. You need to put ; after every command (commands being say(), shout(), etc).

Kroeg
12-15-2003, 10:24 AM
Hrm, thought that was what I was doing. this is what was necessary to get a quest working in 0.5.0 (official release):

EVENT_SAY {
if ($1-=~ "Hail") { say("Greetings. $name . Are you a child of Order? If you have come seeking the path of Discord. I require only that you give me your [Tome of Order and Discord] and I shall show you the way. Only then will you be freed from Order's confining restraints."); }
if ($1-=~ "tome") { say("The Tome of Order and Discord was penned by the seventh member of the Tribunal and has become the key to a life of Discord. in spite of the author's pitiful warnings. Do you not have one. child of Order? Would you [like to read] it?"); }
if ($1-=~ "read") { say("Very well. Here you go. Simply return it to me to be released from the chains of Order."); summonitem("18700"); }
}

EVENT_ITEM {
if($item1 == "18700") { say("I see you wish to join us in Discord! Welcome! By turning your back on the protection of Order you are now open to many more opportunities for glory and power. Remember that you can now be harmed by those who have also heard the call of Discord."); pvp("on"); exp("100"); }
}

Excuse the bulkiness of the example, it was the first one coming to mind.

What's making this not function? :)

SaguratuS
12-15-2003, 11:08 AM
first thing you want to do is verify that quests are working - start basic.

create a new text file, name it your NPC_type number, eg. 7298.txt

EVENT_SAY{
if($1- =~ "Hail"){ say("Blarg"); }
}

I believe the space between your if statement is what's screwing you up. Hope this helps

Kroeg
12-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Anything helps, thanks a lot :)