PDA

View Full Version : Nubtastic problem on logging into Everquest

Powerboybill
12-27-2003, 11:08 AM
I did all the steps to get EQEmu but when I go into Everquest and get into the Username & Password, I put in my forum name and password but it says I'm not registered and I have to create a new account for Everquest and do all the billing things. I looked at the faq and checked the eqhost.txt and it reverted back to the original txt instead of the eqemulator txt. I believe this is the problem but I can't figure out how to keep the txt so that it retrieves my forum name and password so I can play. Any help on this?

Tertiary
12-27-2003, 11:13 AM
You followed this guide (ignore the datarate.txt bit) ?

http://www.everquestserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9649

EDIT: This shoud be in general support.

Powerboybill
12-27-2003, 11:26 AM
I followed the entire guide from start to finish. The only problem seems to be in logging in to Everquest itself.

Arastiroth
12-27-2003, 11:42 AM
I followed the entire guide from start to finish. The only problem seems to be in logging in to Everquest itself.

It sounds like you didn't use the shortcut they told you to use... eqgame.exe patchme.

Tertiary
12-27-2003, 11:44 AM

Assuming you are running XP, you made a mistake in the shortcut/patchme section. An alternative is to use EQW/EQ Windows... try search or www.eqwindows.com