PDA

View Full Version : everquest on ps2

xiix
04-10-2002, 04:37 PM
hmmm how good do u think this could be??

everquest for ps2 (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2860552,00.html)

Shortlived
04-10-2002, 08:33 PM
To be honest I think it will suck. They will probly make some money off it but thats about it. How can you enjoy such a game without a keyboard? I have a PS2 and I don't know about you but I have yet to find a modem for it in any stores, although I never looked to hard being I have a comp right here.....

Everqueat is only half the experiance...for me at least.....going to all the websites and looking up information is just as fun.

Hmm
04-11-2002, 07:07 AM
yeah but thats nothing..

everquest needs to be patched sometimes. its never perfect. putting it in ps2 cd it stays that version forever.

even worse.. im sure people will figure how to connect to ps2 servers using computer and use any bugs and the bugs will never be fixed unless server side.

if cant there will be ps2 emu im sure.

xiix
04-11-2002, 07:24 AM
well at least its not going to be a direct port

but that could be a bad thing

jackfrostint
04-12-2002, 11:42 PM
actually, i believe that SOE is planning on releasing a ps2 modem, a ps2 broadband adapter, and a ps2 HD attachment along with the ps2 EQ, making it so it could conceivably be patched.

They are also planning on releasing all of this to support final fantasy XI, which is already out and going strong in japan.. where they already have broadband adapters and hard drives.. FFXI is the first massively multiplayer final fantasy game, supposedly quite akin to Phantasy Star Online.

-j

Gix
10-09-2002, 11:32 AM
Jackfrost is right, they are releasing a harddrive and network adapter, and as for not being able to use a keyboard, the PS2 has USB ports that can be used for keyboard and mouse.

FFXI already makes use of all these things, and it gets patched often as well. The cd itself is just an install disk like a PC game.