PDA

View Full Version : Connection is NOT to Live Server

jbb
01-05-2004, 10:54 AM
It says my connection is not to a live server when in fact it *is* to a live server.

The IP address it says this about is 195.33.108.37

Badil
01-05-2004, 11:00 AM
It says my connection is not to a live server when in fact it *is* to a live server.

The IP address it says this about is 195.33.108.37

Which server? As I understand it, PacketCollector only works with standard ruleset English Language blue servers.

jbb
01-05-2004, 11:09 AM
Sorry for missing out the obvious information :-

This is Antonius Bayle which is a perfectly ordinary blue server (and not one of the ubisoft ones even though it's physically in the UK)

Shawn319
01-05-2004, 11:58 AM
There still may be a problem with european servers. try a 'normal' server first. If there is a problem with european servers maybe we can fix it.

Edgar1898
01-05-2004, 01:06 PM
the reason why the servers overseas are disabled is because some of the items on them arent the same

I couldnt find an example, but I do remember a post I read somethere that included one of the item names and it was clearly not a regular blue server item. Cant remember the name or find the post unfortunately :(

jbb
01-06-2004, 01:09 AM
Antonius Bayle is one of the original sony servers and it is exactly the same as the US servers. The new ubisoft servers (Venril Sathir etc) are slightly different so I can understand why they are not collectable.

But Antonius Bayle (and Kane Bayle I believe) are original sony servers that just happen to be phyically located in Europe.

Anyway, no big deal. I just thought I'd point it out.