PDA

View Full Version : who is seeing "Maps not found"

madborg
01-25-2002, 11:01 AM
the original question has been replaced

Everyone should see the "Maps" not found. I was daffy when I said I couldn't see it. It is there. It is also as harmless as it was in 0.1.9.

The second part (if you get this):

"can't register zone" is the more interesting part especially if you are using boot5zones.bat. It is that action that is causing the problems where you can't enter the zone. Of course you can't, the zone is not up. And if you keep trying, you will crash your world server.

So i am changing this to read:

who is seeing "can't register zone" even though you use boot5zones.bat?

People on multiple boxes will be able to tell just by looking on the server machine. People with single box will have to use eqw 2.2 and watch the zone screens.

So who is seeing the "can't register" and what configuration do you have.

Mine is a one box, with 128 MB memory (not really enough)

n00b8472
01-25-2002, 12:21 PM
The "can't register" thing is when you have 2 zone servers trying to access the same zone.. World server keeps track of which ports/IPs are being used by which zone server, and if you try to change it, without clearing the db entries you get this error. I get this a lot if I try to force another zone server to boot up a zone that's crashed. Solution is simple: run world.exe clean and wait for the zone servers to reconnect.

madborg
01-25-2002, 09:46 PM
The "can't register" thing is when you have 2 zone servers trying to access the same zone.. Solution is simple: run world.exe clean and wait for the zone servers to reconnect.

Typically that is true when you do zone batch files.

But here I am talking about boot5zones.bat and those zones go to sleep (are removed from the zone directory). But that could very well be the case that in some configurations the startup zone gets stuck. So maybe a safer way would be to run world clean and see if that problem goes away.

Zeitgeist
01-26-2002, 06:43 AM
never had this happen except when a zone crashed. if it goes to sleep it never causes a problem.