PDA

View Full Version : Info about 0.3.1

DeletedUser
04-15-2002, 06:03 AM
We are aiming for a 0.3.1 release (Final release) Somewhere around Friday this week (April 19th for yall that want a date). We have several bugfixes + datarate controlling code + a "peer to peer" login server already in. Also, groups now work within the same zone ONLY... When you zone or even get summoned or do a /goto, it will disband you (to keep the client from getting bugged). Exp/disband/chat/invites/etc work all inzone.... Even group spells do (I believe that was on the list, i'd have to make sure).

We will now be collecting overall stats on servers. These include (for now) player numbers online and zone number online. We just add all of them up and will have them for a historic graph chart. We do not send anything else from your computer. We will have a loginserver.ini directive also which shuts this off if you do not with to help us see how much we are doing. But it will come as default on.

Also, as you have noticed, we have a version stamp on the server's username. We will be turning these to login server side next release since people have been changing them to make them look like they are running a "dev" version when they are infact, not...

theCoder
04-15-2002, 04:53 PM
Also, as you have noticed, we have a version stamp on the server's username. We will be turning these to login server side next release since people have been changing them to make them look like they are running a "dev" version when they are infact, not...

Yeah, I noticed that you could change that in your server as it was just hard coded there... I didn't change it, but thought it might be fun to say i'm running version 8.2 or something :) Probably a good thing you moved this to the login server.

Xectia
04-18-2002, 08:58 AM
Amazing... Can't believe how hard / fast all you Dev's are working on this... :D

/Cheer!!

Hmm
04-18-2002, 09:12 AM
i agree!! great work guys

Shawn319
04-18-2002, 12:24 PM
I had the pleasure of trying out 0.3.1 in detail yesterday and i must say, its very stable and very nice with groups :)

"Drawde+Ariak" DB helped alot too.

meliudaj
04-18-2002, 12:27 PM
Whats the status of all the "safe spoted" Mob's do to incorrect Z cordinate in the 0.3.1 with the combined "Drawde+Ariak" DB ?

Same as now? or is that addressed?

Shawn319
04-18-2002, 12:31 PM
I havnt seen the status of the Z converter but yesterday, using Ariaks new release (with drawdes combined), most mobs were fine from what i saw. sleepers tomb, ToV, kael were all fine. i suspect there still some problems but that will be taken care of in time..

SpawnCollector =)

meliudaj
04-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Ah cool.

Is there any need for a "Manual" Z cordinate find/verify for some zones (eg. Blackburrow)? Or is the Z cordinate acctualy obtainable, just not as easy as X and Y?

DeletedUser
04-18-2002, 01:55 PM
To add to the release is some basic spell casting for npcs that was previousely mentioned.. They will be put in the usedspells column, you will define them by their spell id (when you do #findspell, the number you use for #castspell) and each spell will be seperated by a space. You may have up to eight spells per NPC. At this time I highly suggest you keep them to spells that are shielding type buffs, that come up on #showbuffs (ones that do not will make the npc cast after the two minute timer, every time (this includes beserker spells and damage shields)). Pets will also work for NPC casting... As for attack spells, im getting to it, its just taking time :)

DeletedUser
04-19-2002, 03:24 AM
We are now bug fixing 0.3.1. There is a "major" problem (as image says) with the way x/y coordinates are "working" (as scruffy says) right now. It looks like it *might NOT* be released this weekend as we had hoped.

wraithmajere
04-19-2002, 06:20 AM
Will this version fix any problems with quest related crashes? or implement more quest type code? == still not entirely sure its not just me but for some reason when my npc gets hailed by certain ppl at certain times, it crashes the whole server, but then at other times works fine ( -- i think it either has to do with 1: my code in the quest or 2: sumthing to do with firewalls/winxp or my router 3: the npc i created or the spawn stats / zone he is in (

basically i made the x,y,x coods of God_Dragon in zone #becomeuber (load) x:0 y:0 z:10 -- he is a aligator race texutre 1 headtype 1 -- lvl 100 999k hps -- basically all i have the quest setup to do is this: (becomeuber.qst) resides in the quests directory of eqemu -- server :

NPC_SCRIPT 6666
{
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail:
{
SAY:Oh, Master Wraith Sent You?
SAY:Master Wraith Is SO Uber, he can solo 10 Kerafyrm Dragons With His Bare Hands, oh yea, did I mention he was a grandmaster monk?! %CHARNAME% Here, please take this reward for your intrest in this server ;)
LEVEL 100
SAY:Good luck to you, do not let this power corrupt you, or the gods shall punish you.
}
TRIGGER_DEATH{
SHOUT:%CHARNAME%, you have made a huge mistake, all gods will now look at you in disgrace.
SHOUT: %CHARNAME%, you kill our gift to the world?!?! You shall DIE!
CAST_SPELL 982
}
}

Lurker_005
04-19-2002, 06:46 AM
I had similar problems when I put in a death trigger, Think that is what caused it...

Also Regarding NPC spells, Up to 8 spells eh? please make the DB field longer so we can actually fit 8 spells in it then ;) 22 characters won't fit 6 spells if they are 3 digits each.