PDA

View Full Version : merchant id setup question

Snappy
02-11-2004, 02:46 AM
ok i am going fine with creating merchants. what i need to find out is if anyone has a list of merchant id's that shows id no's and the items that are included. I realize that this may be a huge request to fill... I do have mysql and mysql control center.
I also am trying to figure out how to put a helmet on a plate wearing vendor without changing it's gender.
I am a newb and this is my first posting.. i have been reading the forums and have garnered a wealth of info so far.
Also... is there a way ingame to edit a merchant and add his id tag etc. to make him work?
I'm hoping to be able to do this in the game... it seems a bit faster than doing it with the editors.

thanks for the great site. you all will make a programmer out of me yet! :)

(my head is spinning :!: this is gettin to be a really fun challenge!

Monrezz
02-11-2004, 04:17 AM
The #spawn command lets you set the merchant id, not had a look at any of those commands for a while thought there could be one specifically. Try #help mer or #help id in game see if any of the results are useful. I do know spawn works though, see the sticky above.

Sorry, can't help with anything else :(

thanks for the great site. you all will make a programmer out of me yet!

(my head is spinning this is gettin to be a really fun challenge!

This is the perfect example of the sort of attitude people need :)

Monrezz

Cheerios
02-11-2004, 07:45 AM
SELECT item FROM merchantlist WHERE merchantid = <your_merchant_id>;

That will dump a list of item id's for a given merchantid, and the merchantlist table is where you'll want to add/remove items on your merchants. If that's a pain for you like it is for me give it a little bit and I'll do up a perl script or two to make it a bit easier and post it for download.

Monrezz
02-11-2004, 07:55 AM
SELECT item FROM merchantlist WHERE merchantid = <your_merchant_id>;

I think he was asking for a complete list of items on Merchants in EQLive, not an SQL statement to list the items on merchants on his Emu server.

Monrezz

Cheerios
02-11-2004, 08:11 AM
Be nice, wouldn't it?

Monrezz
02-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Very :D

Cheerios
02-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Still, going to do up that script because it annoys me having to work at a mysql prompt more than I have to. About 15% done just now.

Cheerios
02-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Hey monrezz, you know offhand what the max value for the slot column under the merchantlist table is? For the emu I mean, not in the db.

wize_one
02-11-2004, 09:38 AM
i believe max is 80 like on live(havent tested this though)

Cheerios
02-11-2004, 09:40 AM
Good enough, I'll cap at 64 just to be on the safe side and adjust it later if it turns out to be worth the trouble.

Cheerios
02-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Ok; after many interruptions, some nintendo playing, a few beers, dinner, and other sundry things it's done, hosted (http://www.brightok.net/~ptasap/merchantinv.pl), and announced (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=69418#69418).

smogo
02-11-2004, 04:17 PM
a nice and convenient tool. We need more of these handy scripts. Thanks.