PDA

View Full Version : Summary of PacketCollector problems I am having

tbigg
03-03-2004, 05:49 AM
I have been unable to do much packet collecting lately because of the following problems. (I'm running the latest collector, have installed WinPcap v3.1 beta and am starting everything with an empty database.)

1. When I start EQ and at various points after that, I get an error similar to the following:

Error: size > left (size=105, left=7, opcode=0x2247). Dumping remains:
0: 02 DA 05 6E 02 BB 4C | ...n..L

2. After collecting approximately 100-500 items into an empty database, all of my network traffic becomes very slow. This includes web browsing. EQ is unplayable, and Collector stops capturing and cannot upload. Only way to fix that I've found is to reboot. (This also happened with WinPcap v3.0)

3. Cannot collect from merchants or bazaar traders by browsing their wares. I have to click on each individual item to display the item stats before it will be captured.

I am running PacketCollector on 2 machines and I am pretty sure I have all of these problems on both.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or need more info.

Edgar1898
03-03-2004, 01:01 PM
I'll take a look at it and get it fixed by this weekend if I can.

tbigg
03-07-2004, 03:59 AM
Regarding problem #2 (all network traffic slows down after collecting 100-500 items):

I installed PC on a 3rd machine and could not reproduce this problem. So it is probably related to something in my environment, not in PacketCollector.

I reproduced the other 2 problems on the clean machine, so you should be able to also.

Turath
03-07-2004, 06:39 AM
just thought I'd leave a little info that might help Edgar, collecting from merchants or traders in bazaar isn't broken really, I dunno why tbigg is having problems with that but if I go up and just right click a merchanter or trader it logs all the items on them, I last downloaded packetcollector back on feb 14th

I use packectcollector with -d 2 option to tell it to use my second ethernet card otherwise it won't log anything, which makes sense cause it looks at card 1 instead

I don't delete my files after uploading, I let the program just keep adding to them so I know how many I have collected overall

I'm up to this many as of last upload
0 items added, 2 updated, 11512 unchanged.
Uploading texts to table: 'texts_dump'
0 texts added, 0 updated, 0 unchanged.

as you notice though it's not logging books, that needs to be fixed :)

but as you can see I have way more than 500 so it's not like it's screwing up after a certain amount

don't know why it's not working right for him but it's gotta be something more specific to his setup than just being broken, I've collected from a few diffrent servers and worked fine on all of them

and cool job on all the collecting you have been doing despite the probs you're having tbigg :)