PDA

View Full Version : quest combines in containers

Turath
03-06-2004, 12:28 AM
asked this a bit ago but got no response to this question

is there a way to set a container to combine only certain items?

like the one iksar monk shackle quest, you gotta go get the hand with a thumb that is a container then collect the missing fingers and put them in it, hit combine button and that container and items disapear and you get your finished product

is there anyway to do these kinda things yet?

same thing with all the newbie armor quests, gotta collect the items and combine them in the container the guildmaster gives you then you get your sheet of metal, then combine that with the mold given to you in a forge and get your final product, just with these quests you don't loose the combine container after combining in the special kit given to you by the guildmaster

if the ability to do these things are already in can someone tell me how? or if it's not in yet hopefully it can be soon, would get quests able to be finished :)

smogo
03-09-2004, 01:16 AM
You might want to look at Object.cpp for zone, in Object::Handle Combine. It is where items combine. It reads 'Still needs completion', but you might get results though.

There is a bagtype field for items in DB. When set to 30 (alt 13), it defines an item as a container for combine without a specific tradeskill.

I'd like to hear from that. :)

Lurker_005
03-09-2004, 05:34 PM
I was thinking about this some. If the container item is added to the ingredients list, and the code changed to include a check for the container as an ingredient. Seems like it should be a small change, and would probably work pretty well.

Normal combines do not include the container as an ingredient. The items are used, and the result put on the cursor. Just need to ignore containers if not in the ingredient list.

Combines that use the container include the container as an ingredient the items and the container are used, and the results put on the cursor.