PDA

View Full Version : Another Database!

Lurker_005
04-17-2002, 10:37 AM
I figured I might as well relese this. My databases are based on Drawde's and Ariak's With new zones spawned based on ShowEQ logs. The new zones are not fleshed out, and are there mostly to benifit others working to get that zone spawned correctly.

There is a readme if you want to know more :)

Lurker0.25 *edit: Lurker0.3 is out for EQEmu3.1, see below*

Heh what do you know, go the link right the first time ;)

Trumpcard
04-17-2002, 01:24 PM
Hey Lurker, my linux box is 'relatively' stablizied at the moment (no lockups for almost 6 hours now!) , let me know what zones you would like data for, and I'll load up my druid and give them all a drive by decrypting..

Lurker_005
04-17-2002, 04:38 PM
:D Well........

Any Lucin or Velious zones you didn't hit last time around. I am also going through zones Dwawde has done and correcting any Z values that are out. Mostly uneven terrain zones, indoor zones, and zones with multi story buildings...

BTW if a zone is empty and you need to get it to decrypt, try droping an item/coin. I think that counts as a spawn.

Trumpcard
04-18-2002, 12:11 AM
Good trick, I'll have to try that. I had problems the last few times I ran through the Plane of Growth because of that.. On test, theres rarely anyone up there...

Lurker_005
04-19-2002, 10:12 PM
Here is my latest DB. This is for the EQEmu 3.1 release.

Some changes include, Based on Drawde's 0.8 with Ariak's 9.0 added, spawned the Warrens zone, cleaned up HighPass, High Keep, EastFreeport, and Neriak Forigen quarters. It seems Neriak's safe point is bugged right now though.

The import.bat file can now create a new database for you if the db.sql from the release is in the same directory. give it a shot.

Lurker0.3 *edit: get the newer version posted in another message*

And as promised here is the diff between Drawde's 0.8 with new faction_list and Lurker 0.3

Lurker0.3 diff files (http://home.earthlink.net/~dpuch/misc/diff-drawde08-lurker03.zip)

Also not reflected in ths diff files, Ariak I noticed that Kazick, Mirneeva, and Dakan were in your npc_types, but not the other tables. There were some other changes/fixes but it is hard to mark the diffs since the format for most of it differs :( as I recall a dupe entry and (2, instead of (2000, in the faction_list

Ariak
04-20-2002, 01:50 PM
Good job! More DB editors, the better!

Ariak
04-20-2002, 02:07 PM
I added 9 hidden-name Dragons to VP before I added real spawns.

I used them as bases to learn the dragon textures.

I replaced 6 of the 9.. with Hoskar..silverwing..pharadar. druuskh..nexona.. and xygoz

Lurker_005
04-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Also here is a little SQL query to take a DB ans output the data for recreating it with Drawde's EQNPC program. (I uses it to get Ariak's spawn data back into EQNPC format) Thus no hand editing of the spawn numbers :)

Drawde any posibility of expanding the data EQNPC takes as input? Faction value, heading, and the other stuff it generates random right now? Or a source code release?

Usage:

mysql {database name} <recoverspawns.sql > {outputfile}

Open the file and edit the WHERE condition to output just the data you want.

It is output as a tab delimited file, you have to replace tabs with a space, and it is missing the field for "number of spawns" that is before the X Y Z values. I just openit in excel and add a column and fill the column with 1's, save it as a comma delimited file, edit it to replace commas with spaces.

Guess I should just figure out how to get mysql to output the file corectly for direct input into EQNPC :p

Oldwulf
04-21-2002, 06:47 PM
you guys have been doing a great job on the dbs. lurker your latest db is running great. and it was the smoothest install i've seen. i'm not a db admin so having a smooth install is very important to me.

keep up the good work you guys. your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Oldwulf

Trumpcard
04-22-2002, 12:42 AM
I agree Lurker, I was playing with it last night.. Between you and Drawde, the old world is really coming together! Alot of bug fixes in yours, and alot less mobs at the safe points. And Ariaks stuff is great, he has really taken the time to make it as accurate as possible to the original !

The emulator doesnt support multiple random spawns in a single location does it ? (Not too say that its a feature I would like to see incorporated).

Lurker_005
04-22-2002, 05:50 AM
Actually I believe it does, that is what the use of spawn groups was setup for. Drawde and I are currently only spawning 1 mob per spawn group. I believe Ariak has sveral spawn groups that are everal mobs, but they are all 100% spawns also.

*deleted, I think it was wrong*

Shortlived
04-22-2002, 09:20 AM
I know you know more then I, but wouldn't that be the only way to set up placeholders for certain rare spawns?

Lurker_005
04-22-2002, 09:41 AM
Your right, At least part of what I said has to be wrong. I'll have check out how things work tonight.

Furinex
04-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Would anyone mind posting the Combined DB.sql file, since my computer seems to think its ok not to combine the 2. :\ thankee

Lurker_005
04-27-2002, 02:14 AM
combine what 2?

The way I package my DB is so the spawns can be added to an existing DB or you can create a completly new DB

Furinex
04-27-2002, 02:56 AM
Right, and my computer wont friggen add it to my current database..