View Full Version : small quest helper

stormgod
04-17-2002, 11:11 AM
ok I just started today ,
it basically write the text for you ,

its goin to be a little better than it is right now but thats it

its compiled with VB .Net
so you may need the .NET Framework available on microsoft website I guess

I will release the sources if anyone want them but its so basic that I guess nobody will be interessted lol
anyway there it is

(( see last post for the attachement))

Trumpcard
04-17-2002, 01:19 PM
Hey, dont put down its usefulness! Some of the most basic projects have developed into amazing products! ADOM for instance started when a guy decided to write a game to learn how to program in C/C++ better. Well, in a year or two Ancient Dungeon of Mystery turned into Ancients Domains of Mystery, and wham, become one of the most popular rogue like games ever written! Its been under active development for about 5 years now and has really become an addicting game.

Remember, a journey of a thousand leagues begins with a single step!

stormgod
04-17-2002, 01:22 PM
lolol thanks to encourage me I will releasesoon a really better thing , its just that people can be started a little more easily , so we may see more people scripting quests ;o)
well I hope so ;o)

stormgod
04-18-2002, 01:42 AM
ok new version a little better you can add 5 results at a time
and a help is in for people who dont know how to do quests

I included the sources in the zip file for those who want them

((see last post for the attachement))

stormgod
04-18-2002, 03:10 AM
Dot Net Framework can be found here :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/829/msdncompositedoc.xml

stormgod
04-18-2002, 03:00 PM
finally a version with npc id search (with the exact name for now )

using MyODBC ( all new tools that are goin to be released will use it )

MySQL.com to download it

thanks a lot to Waeric for the Huge help

Hopes it will help quests makers

stormgod
04-18-2002, 05:29 PM
if you tried last version , I would love any feedback about it ( working not working for you or the like ;o) )

cause .NET framework seems to be a little tricky compared to prior versions of Visual Studio and I dont know the kind of probs that can be encountered with progs compiled with it ;o)