PDA

View Full Version : anyone know if this is properly collecting the new fields?

Turath
03-13-2004, 03:52 PM
since patch a few days ago when new fields were added does the packetcollector automaticly recognize and collect new fields or will we need an update?

I grabbed the new items sql tonight, sourced it in, logged in with the new code on shawns site and newest patched everquest. I logged on my server, summoned an item that I had collected and the attack and haste values weren't showing as they should.

so is this just a matter of the server needing to be updated to send this new data to the client, or does the collector need to be updated or does the upload server need to be updated to handle these new fields?

I looked in eqadmin in the items tab and didn't notice anything that would fit these new fields in there and I'm pretty sure eqadmin reads in all columns in the table, not just the ones it knows.

point is though, if it's not collecting or uploading properly then all the work that us people collecting are doing since this patch is wasted work, right clicking 200+ traders in bazaar once every other day or so and running around to most every town and hitting all the vendors is alot of finger work hehe, well maybe not all wasted work for items that don't use any of them fields and is all set to 0, but there are alot of items, esp higher end stuff that may be harder to collect multiple times cause of finding links that would suck if it wasn't being logged correctly :)

any quick response with some info on this would be cool, thanks

Edgar1898
03-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Could you give me a specific example of one that isnt showing up as it should?

Turath
03-14-2004, 12:41 PM
http://www.eqemulator.net/item.php?id=MjczMjAuNDA0NzkwODg=

claw of the savage spirit (secondary hand one) link above

this should have 30 attack on it and 40 haste

used to be a spell effect that gave it that stuff but they took it off and now it's part of item data

this one
http://www.eqemulator.net/item.php?id=OTI1MTguMjg2OTg2NjM=
is for earring of the solstice, it used to be flowing thought 1, they changed all flowing thought items to mana regeneration, so this should say mana regen: +1 on it. flowing thought 2 items have changed to mana regeneration: +2 and so on.

you can also look at items like flowing black silk sash, should say haste 21% and silver chiten handwraps should say haste 22%

just to mention it items that had the vengence effect such as vengance 1 on an item now just have attack with the amount that the vengance gave before

such has gloves of the khati sha before had vengance 2 I think it was, but now have no effect but have attack +15

someone in another post said 5 new fields were added, these would be 3 of them, the other 2 would be health regen, don't have an item to see what that would have changed from though and I dunno what the 5th could be

satori
03-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Hi, some of the new item fields are:

attack
dotshielding
manaregen
procratemod
regen
damageshield
haste

EQEmu is not currently grabbing these fields.

Let us know when you get this figured out and added to the database file, and I'll send another huge donation your way! :)

Edgar1898
03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Quagmire is giving PacketCollector a large overhaul soon, this will be fixed at that time. One of the positive features is that we will collect the item packets in a raw form and processing them on our server. This gives us the benefit of being able to reprocess item data when we find a mistake.

Turath
03-18-2004, 12:42 PM
bard instruments also now show modifier they give

like alluring horn now says brass instruments: 18

instead of where instruments only showed what they work with

satori
03-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Any update on collecting these new fields?

Thanks!

RexChaos
04-01-2004, 03:53 AM
BUMP BUMP BUMP...

Very curious as to whether this is fixed yet.