PDA

View Full Version : Question ...

bbaker1980
03-22-2004, 12:19 AM
this might sound terribly lazy of me ... hell, I think its lazy, but why hasn't (if someone has, please point me in that direction) setup pre-made servers for download based on what OS you're using?

I just started playing around with EQEmu yesterday, and I really like it, but what I don't understand (except maybe people not wanting to pay for their EQ account, but still being able to play), is why there are so many more 'legit' servers as opposed to non legit? Well, this was something that I was wondering about after having played around on a non-legit server, and decided I would look into making my own. I was able to do everything except the C++ part (which I'm guessing is the largest, and obviously most important). I was unable to match up what was done here because I do not have the same program that the guide listed as the one being used.

I guess what it comes down to is this; Legit servers are good and all, but there doesn't seem to be enough non legit servers, if I wanted to play by the rules I would play EQ (which I still do), I just think its fun messing around ... so, are there any templates which someone like myself can download, or use to speed things along?

If not, someone should try (for the hell of it) to keep a non legit server up as much as the legit ones are (imho).

RexChaos
03-22-2004, 04:19 AM
Non legit servers get boring WAY fast. There's tutorials on how to set up a server. Just follow it to a T and you'll get it going.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13403