PDA

View Full Version : Database Question

bbaker1980
03-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Up until last night I was able to run a server just fine (well mostly fine, there were bugs, but of course there were bugs). I went to the DB.sql file to edit the variable table to allow Berserkers to be a usable class.

When I tried to save the change that I made it wouldn't allow me to because it was a 'read only' file, I changed that, and in doing so, changed the whole file, now for the life of me, I cannot get it to look anything like what it did last night ... and on top of that, I can't get my server to come up. I've uninstalled everything, and started from scratch (twice now) and I still can't get my server to work - nor can I get the db.sql file to resemble its previous state.

*Throwing this in for the hell of it*

EQPatcher - Downloaded the latest version (only version I believe), I point it to where it asks to be pointed to - it tells me

"Incorrect client, please download a new client at www.eqemulator.net"

Ideas?

Derision
03-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Do you get error messages in your world.exe or zone.exe processes ? If so post them.

I can't get my server to come up

Doesn't give us a lot to go on.

bbaker1980
03-24-2004, 11:38 AM
No error messages - well I suppose if you count the warning message:

"You need to get laid!"

as an error... but seriously ... nothing other than that. Only thing I can think of (I could be a complete idiot and be hitting the nail directly on the head) is my step-dad ran EQLive last night and of course with that came the new patch ... is that my problem?

animepimp
03-24-2004, 04:44 PM
You don't want to edit the DB.sql file because this is imported inot your database and is not you actual data base. Changin the file incorrectly can seriously screw up your DB. You need to redownload and import the DB again and you need to edit the row in the data base after its imported. Even if you don't really know how to use a DB very well there are front end programs for My SQL that let you easily find a row and change one of the values in it, which is what you need to do.