PDA

View Full Version : Got my server back up

bbaker1980
03-25-2004, 09:01 AM
... not sure what I did this time as opposed to the two times in between reinstalling everything, but either way, it works! Woots!

I set myself as Server OP last time around, and was planning on doing the same this time, but when I follow these directions:

Create ServerOP

After verifying that you can connect to your server, you are ready to create a ServerOP user for your server. This user has more power than the Lead-GM, so be careful in choosing your serverop (how about choosing yourself?).

When you have chosen your serverop, logon to your server from EQ at least once, using the account chosen to be ServerOP.

Open mysql in DOS once again (mysql -u test -p eq) and enter in the following command:
NOTE: Replace "User" with the name of the forum account who will be logging in as ServerOP.
NOTE: The password can be anything you wish, but will only be used for an advanced feature (telnet) - THIS PASSWORD IS NOT USED TO LOGON TO EQEMU FROM INSIDE EQ!
NOTE: Do not use a tick mark (') in your password
update account set status=200, password='BobsPassword' where name='SuperDuperBob';

You should see the following:
Code:
mysql> update account set status=200, password='BobsPassword' where name='SuperDuperBob';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

I get an error (1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'password=x where name=myservername update account) as far as I know ... (I'm still very new to all of this) I'm doing things the same as I did the first time around, but that probably isn't true because its not working ...

Feedback?

Tertiary
03-25-2004, 09:06 AM
I would say you typed the command in incorrectly. In the command prompt where you get the error, click in the top left corner, select Edit/Select All, then Edit/Copy, then paste it here.

bbaker1980
03-25-2004, 09:47 AM
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian>CD\

C:\>cd mysql

C:\mysql>mysql -u test -p eq
Enter password:
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'test@localhost' (Using password: NO)

C:\mysql>mysql -u bbaker1980 -p eq
Enter password: *****
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 41 to server version: 4.0.18-nt

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> update account set status=200, password=test where name=Collective's NON-
Legit;
'> update account set status=200, password=test where name=Collective's NON-
Legit;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresp
onds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''s NON-Legit
;
update account set status=200, password=test wher
mysql>

The first time I typed it - I got nothing ... so I retyped it and got the error ... one other question, should I be in C:\MySQL -or- C:\MySQL\bin ?

/duck

Tertiary
03-25-2004, 09:51 AM
First off, you need single quotes around the password, and name should be your account name, not your servername, so if your eqemu account is called test, and your password is test, type in:

update account set status=200, password='test' where name='test' ;

or cd to where your world.exe is and type

world flag <account name> 200

samandhi
03-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Or you can just open dos command, and change directory to where your world.exe is and run this command, using the username of the account in the <username> field without the < and > keys....
world flag <username> 255 Then close the dos window and you are all set... It should have told you something about flagging the account....

bbaker1980
03-25-2004, 11:04 AM
DOH!!! Thats exactly what I did last time ... go to the world.exe ... thanks so much guys!!

samandhi
03-25-2004, 11:06 AM
NP g'luck! <smile>