PDA

View Full Version : To enable Berserkers

boppoom1
03-25-2004, 11:21 AM
To enable a berserker go in the variables table and set expansions enable instead of 60 sumthing put 255

__________________________________________________ ____________ www.brellserilis.cjb.net - My server home page
www.brellserilis.cjb.net/forums/ - My servers forums page

icpcommando
03-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Stupid question............... How do I get to the variables table???

samandhi
03-26-2004, 07:43 AM
You can either set it using MySQL code, or you can download something like MySQLFront and edit using the GUI from here: http://www.mysqlfront.de/ (http://www.mysqlfront.de/)

psydex
03-31-2004, 07:21 PM
I guess its the same sollution to enable Ykesha?

boppoom1
04-02-2004, 03:12 AM
when yopu set it to 255 it will enable all the new expansions and everything.....

psydex
04-03-2004, 02:33 AM
i downloaded the font program though i cant import any files...seriously i dont know how to do anything... :lol:
what is the name of the file to edit, or is this something that the people that runs servers only need to do, or does everyone need to do this to make it wrk?

samandhi
04-03-2004, 03:22 AM
It is something that only people that run servers need to do.. If you are JUST playing on someone else's server, just make sure you have all the expansions... If you still cannot create one, then it is because the server you are trying to play on does NOT have them enabled...

psydex
04-04-2004, 09:43 PM
I dont have the Ykesha and GoD expansions, but i thought everyone had to download em to get them? wich mean that everyone have all expasions, though they are not activated?
Anyway, iam not buying any more expasions :roll:

Shadow-Wolf
04-05-2004, 12:11 AM
*sigh* when you download them from the patcher they are free here, no need to pay to register, no worries, nothing.

R3bOrN
04-05-2004, 05:14 AM
so ehm.. total newb at this..

could u explain me how to exactly get enabled to downloading the new releases of everquest without paying for them...?

Jezebell
04-05-2004, 05:34 AM
Run Everquest.exe and click on the Advanced button, check all the boxes on the left and click the Save button, then click Download.

Beretta
04-06-2004, 09:57 AM
think maybe we could see a sql code script that will do this?

I just need the one line of code to change the variable

id type use eq; bingo db changed . . .
then i am lookin for the line of code that would change that
something like update variables from eq where yadda yadda or somethin like that

Scorpious2k
04-06-2004, 10:01 PM
update variables set value=255 where varname like 'expansions';

themushygod
04-07-2004, 06:05 PM
while were on expansions i read somewhere that sony has another 2 planned for release over the next 18months

as to what there called or any actul details no idea

falelina
04-08-2004, 06:14 PM
This is probably a stupid question but what file is the variables in so that i can enable all expansions, and what program is needed to edit it?

vetoeq
04-08-2004, 06:19 PM
I haven't done it yet on my DB but I -think- what he's saying is this:

mysql -u root
use eq;
update variables set value=255 where varname like 'expansions';

But I could be wrong so might be best to get a validation before you do this (or backup your DB).

samandhi
04-09-2004, 04:43 AM
This is probably a stupid question but what file is the variables in so that i can enable all expansions, and what program is needed to edit it?This question is only PARTLY stupid... First, there is NO file as such. You are thinking the wrong way... In your database there are tables that hold columns. These columns hold the data that the emu needs to run (EQ works the same way)...

So you would locate the table "variables", then find the column "expansions" IN that table... The data in the column "expansions" needs to be changed from 63 to 255 to let the emu know that all the expansions are enabled...

Now for the stupid part of your question... and what program is needed to edit it?
I believe I even answered that one for you and provided a link of where to download the program from, in the third post of this topic (try reading it DOES help)...
or you can download something like MySQLFront and edit using the GUI from here: http://www.mysqslfront.de (http://www.mysqlfront.de)
Now, when using MySQLFront, you can view your DB in a "Windows Explorer" type of view (folders that are inside of other folders are indented further in to the right, and so on... )