PDA

View Full Version : Why isnt this working?

Gonkers
03-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Saved as 3981.qst (the pod in Nqeynos).

Under folder eqemu\Quests\Qeynos2\3981.qst

EVENT_SAY {
if ($1- =~ "Hail") { say("Are you here to [Test some quests]?") }
if ($1- =~ "test some quests") { say("Yes, We are hiring people to test alot of new and offical quests that are coming out everyday, we take this information if need be and put it on our live server. Should I [Go on]?") }
if ($1- =~ "Go on") { say("So I shall. If you are [interested], I will be giving you updates on many of our new quests that are forming, that way if a Gm is not on, you can test out the quest and see if it works. /petition the test and how well it did for you, and if you like it or not. I hope you find me handy.") }
if ($1- =~ "Interested") { say("Interested Huh? Take this stone and give it back to me anytime you are ready to hear about new quests. I will then tell you every quest that I know of. You can also ask me if i've been [updated] or not. Here is your stone, give back to me when you are ready to hear.") }
if ($1- =~ "updated") { say("I have not been updated yet. Please check back later.") }
EVENT_ITEM {
if ($item1 == "25555") { say("Here you go. Ah, I'm sorry, there is no quests as of right now, please check back later.") spawnitem(25555) }
}

Where did i go wrong? When I hail him, he doesnt say nothing.

nilar
03-27-2004, 12:43 PM
That looks about right to me. I've had the same problem though with NPCs not responding. Try getting closer and hailing a few times instead of just once. I'm going to copy that script and see if I can get it to run on my server.

Gonkers
03-27-2004, 12:47 PM
heh k, I tried to get "close" to him, but he didnt seem to respond...

does he hate halflings? :p

nilar
03-27-2004, 12:57 PM
does he hate halflings? :p

Yes thats your problem change your race :D lol no j/k

but in fact it didnt work but I see the problem, Ill fix it and test it out and then post it here

Gonkers
03-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Heh alright, i'll check back in a few.

nilar
03-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Took me longer than expected but I got it working

EVENT_SAY{
if($1-=~"Hail"){say("Are you here to [test some quests]?"); }
if($1-=~"test some quests") {say("Yes, We are hiring people to test alot of new and offical quests that are coming out everyday, we take this information if need be and put it on our live server. Should I [Go on]?"); }
if($1-=~"Go on") {say("So I shall. If you are [interested], I will be giving you updates on many of our new quests that are forming, that way if a Gm is not on, you can test out the quest and see if it works. /petition the test and how well it did for you, and if you like it or not. I hope you find me handy."); }
if($1-=~"Interested") {say("Interested Huh? Take this stone and give it back to me anytime you are ready to hear about new quests. I will then tell you every quest that I know of. You can also ask me if i've been [updated] or not. Here is your stone, give back to me when you are ready to hear."); summonitem(25555); }
if($1-=~"updated") {say("I have not been updated yet. Please check back later."); }
}
EVENT_ITEM{
if($item1 =="25555") {say("Here you go. Ah, I'm sorry, there is no quests as of right now, please check back later."); summonitem(25555); }
}

Took out a few spaces. Added semicolons to the end of commands.

Gonkers
03-27-2004, 02:30 PM
didnt work for me, are you sure you had the pod's (NPCID) number in north qeynos (on mine it's 3981).

did I name the folders right?

I named them "quests" then subfolder "qeynos2"..then inside of qeynos2 is 3981.qst

Did I do those right? (the quests folder is inside eqemu's folder).

The code you post above didnt work though, I hail, priest of discord,...Hail...hail and so on..trying different things, still didnt respond...didnt respond either when I handed him quest item which he is suppose to respond too...Here is how I have it in my txt file..(qst)

EVENT_SAY{
if($1-=~"Hail"){say("Are you here to [test some quests]?"); }
if($1-=~"test some quests") {say("Yes, We are hiring people to test alot of new and offical quests that are coming out everyday, we take this information if need be and put it on our live server. Should I [Go on]?"); }
if($1-=~"Go on") {say("So I shall. If you are [interested], I will be giving you updates on many of our new quests that are forming, that way if a Gm is not on, you can test out the quest and see if it works. /petition the test and how well it did for you, and if you like it or not. I hope you find me handy."); }
if($1-=~"Interested") {say("Interested Huh? Take this stone and give it back to me anytime you are ready to hear about new quests. I will then tell you every quest that I know of. You can also ask me if i've been [updated] or not. Here is your stone, give back to me when you are ready to hear."); summonitem(25555); }
if($1-=~"updated") {say("I have not been updated yet. Please check back later."); }
}
EVENT_ITEM{
if($item1 =="25555") {say("Here you go. Ah, I'm sorry, there is no quests as of right now, please check back later."); summonitem(25555); }
}

Any Ideas?

nilar
03-27-2004, 02:48 PM
I tested it on the PoD in gfay but I wouldn't think that would make a difference in script if you copy and pasted it. Yeah your folders look alright. I'll try it again and use it on the PoD in North Qeynos.

Gonkers
03-27-2004, 02:59 PM
I tried on the pod in Gfaydark now...Didnt work.

Do I need to reset my server everytime? because I tried the #reloadqst, and he still didnt respond..

Sigh, I must be doing something wrong...how about this... Can you post a very short simple code I can test? Maybe that's where i'm going wrong...trying to outdo myself for the first time.

nilar
03-27-2004, 03:01 PM
K I copied my script from above and saved it into C:\EqEmu\quests\qeynos2\3981.qst and it worked for me. Double check that you have everything saved right and the file you have is a .qst file.

nilar
03-27-2004, 03:02 PM
And yes you have to restart server for it to work.

nilar
03-27-2004, 03:14 PM
K simple script. I used this on one of my armor merchants and it works.

EVENT_SAY{
if($1-=~"Hail"){say("Hello $name. If your looking to buy some plate armor, I'm the person to talk to."); }
}

Gonkers
03-27-2004, 03:18 PM
I give up... I inserted a very simple code

EVENT_SAY {
if ($1- =~ "Hail") { say(" Why hello there mister!") }
}

I hailed him, it didnt work.

The Exact location of qeynos2 folder is this.

C:\eqemu\quests\qeynos2\

exact name of file is 3981.qst

I dont know what i'm doing wrong...I File - save as - typed in 3981.qst and saved it.

I did everything right....Sigh..just about to give up, I still think the older quest system was easier. lol..

Lemme know if you have any ideas..or msn messenger.

Shadow-Wolf
03-27-2004, 04:56 PM
heres your problem! EVENT_SAY {
if ($1- =~ "Hail") { say(" Why hello there mister!") }
}

you forgot the ";" it should look like this
EVENT_SAY {
if ($1- =~ "Hail") { say(" Why hello there mister!"); }
}

Shadow-Wolf
03-27-2004, 04:57 PM
err wait im confused hmm not sure if if the original .qst format needed ; or not but its still owrh a try.

m0oni9
03-27-2004, 06:27 PM
EVENT_SAY {
if ($1 =~ "Hail") { say("Why hello there mister!"); }
}

Try taking out the '-' sign after $1. Not sure why you would want that there.

nilar
03-27-2004, 07:54 PM
We found the problem. His quest were being saved as a .txt file so I sent him Quest Editor which saves files into QST format. :D

Gonkers
03-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Aye thank you again Nilar. Very kind of you.

To the others - sorry for not responding.. Had too many things to do and now it's 2am and just got to check back p. Yes we solved the problem and my quests are working.