PDA

View Full Version : Help =x

Highwind2
03-27-2004, 03:33 PM
How does a ServerOP give someone access to make custom items? And how would I go about making custom items exactly? Trying to figure this all out..any help would be great!

xtestx
03-27-2004, 03:39 PM
I think who the ServerOp is trying to give access to would first need to get an Item Editor (I use Mangoo's Item Editor 5.0), then when it asks you for:

DatabaseName = The name of your db
DatabaseUser = Your mysql username
DatabasePass = Your mysql pw
DatabaseHost = I think they need your internal IP here.. maybe your external IP
EQDirectory = C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest Trilogy (or wherever you EverQuest directory is located)

That is the only way I could think of giving someone access to create their own custom items on a server that is not their own. I havn't tested it thoughn but seems like it would make sense to me.

nilar
03-27-2004, 04:37 PM
First you need to know their external IP and they need to know yours.

under cmd

cd \mysql\bin
mysql -u root mysql
grant all privileges on *.* to theirusername@theirexternalip identified by 'password' with grant option;

The username and password does not matter it does not have to match their mysql username and password but they do have to use it when going into Mangoos item editor.

Once you have granted that person privilges they go into item editor and type in

DatabaseName = The name of your db
DatabaseUser = the username you gave them
DatabasePass = the password you gave them
DatabaseHost = your external IP
EQDirectory = C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest Trilogy (or wherever you EverQuest directory is located)

This is how I did it and I can access my friends database who lives in Texas while I live in Louisiana.

xtestx
03-27-2004, 06:07 PM
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=74842#74842

xtestx
03-27-2004, 06:07 PM
o nilar beat me 2 it :D