PDA

View Full Version : HOWTO: Customize Classes/Deitys/Race(UI)

Shadow-Wolf
04-10-2004, 09:27 AM
*This tutorial assumes that if you want custom classes/deitys/races that you have already edited the EQEmu source this tutorial just shows how to edit class/deity names for character creation. I may in the future write a tutorial on how to edit the source and database for classes

Class Customization

First of all open EQUI_CharacterCreate.xml with a text editor of your choice, for this tutorial I am going to use notepad. Now go to Edit/Find, in find what: type in Paladin(or Wizard, this is just used to find where the buttons are.) and look up or down for your class, since we already have paladin selected why dont we rename it for now? Just highlight Paladin and replace with with your classes name(i chose Knight) and save the xml file. Now log into EQEmu go into a server and create a character notice that the "Paladin" class is no longer there and is replace with "Knight"? it means that you have done everything correctly. To change the Helpfile open up EQSTR_US

Deity Customization

go to Edit/Find, in find what: type in AGNOSTIC(or whatever god you want make sure names in full caps and it does not use their normal names it used things like The Mother of all, this is just used to find where the buttons are.) and look up or down for your deity, I however do not want to edit Agnostic so i will look for the tribunal. Just highlight TRIBUNAL(or however you spell it :)) and replace with with your deitys name(I changed it to Bringers) and save the xml file. Now log into EQEmu go into a server and create a character now go to the deitys tab, notice it says "Bringers"? it means that you have done everything correctly. To change the Helpfile open up EQSTR_US

Race Customization

Alright it seems that the search feature does not like the race names this time look for <Button item="CC0_Race0_Button">.
That is the barbarians button but look down for other races. To change the Races name edit <Text>Barbarian</Text>(this is between the button item and /button tag)to say what you want ex: I changed Iksar to say Liizard. To change the Helpfile open up EQSTR_US

Edit: Found the ability to change race names
Edit: Thanks to Khan for telling me where they keep the text in the help window for races/classes/deitys/

KhaN
04-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Everquest directory, search for 2 files called "EQSTR_EN.txt" and "EQSTR_US.txt", named like EQSPELL, and btw i dont see the difference !? Is there a difference betwen ENGLISH and US ENGLISH, like the germans from the north and the south dont speak the same german ... but it is very offtopic ...

Open EQSTR_EN.txt and go at line 1592, deity description start here, EQSTR contain a lots of EQ message, and its easy to customise :D

EDIT : Editing source to modify class/race/deity name would be awesome, i need to rename Vah Shir to Kerra but modifying Source is harder than editing a simple txt :roll:

Shadow-Wolf
04-10-2004, 11:13 AM
they are the same, sony stoped using _EN if you notice EN is smaller than US.

KhaN
04-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Maybe English is shorter than US english, like English is shorter than french ... :P
So if Sony stoped to use _EN, why we still have to load SPELLS_EN.txt with EQEmu !?

I hope will you find what you seek in EQSTR_US.TXT and will write eqemu source tut :p

Derision
04-10-2004, 11:28 AM
09/09/2003 06:34 2,149,759 spells_en.txt
30/03/2004 02:48 2,778,390 spells_us.txt

Spells_en.txt has not been updated since September 2003, while Spells_us.txt was updated at the end of March 2004, so it would appear that SOE has stopped using spells_en.txt and are now only updating spells_us.txt (for the English versions at least).

eq_addict_08
04-11-2004, 10:02 AM
So if Sony stoped to use _EN, why we still have to load SPELLS_EN.txt with EQEmu !?

Well, to get rid of _EN, the client would have to be able to delete from your hard drive. That would be a VERY scarry situation for all of us...

-edit : Actually, prolly just old emu code from the pre _US days that is hanging around..

mikenune
04-11-2004, 10:06 AM
I think he was asking why programs like Mangoo's (sp?) Item Editor and Zone.exe require spells_en.txt to run instead of spells_us.txt.