PDA

View Full Version : Quest Woe

DeletedUser
04-12-2004, 06:51 AM
Got a problem with this quest!
If anyone can help me, many thanks!

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Welcome to EQEmu! Get your bearings and go pick up some supplies while you visit this haven. When you are [ready], I will instruct you further."); }
quest::givecash (8,4,3,1);
}

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/small/i){
quest::say("Tell me something I don't know, smartass."); }
}

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/ready/i){
quest::say("Take this. You will need it.");
quest::rain(1);
}
}
#END of FILE Zone:tutorial ID:3 -- A_Gnomish_Guide

However when I just use the quest:

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Welcome to EQEmu! Get your bearings and go pick up some supplies while you visit this haven. When you are [ready], I will instruct you further."); }
}

This works fine... I could have messed up in my programming of this quest. Any help is greatly appriciated!

-Wizzel

cofruben
04-12-2004, 07:25 AM
try this

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Welcome to EQEmu! Get your bearings and go pick up some supplies while you visit this haven. When you are [ready], I will instruct you further."); quest::givecash (8,4,3,1); }
if($text=~/small/i){quest::say("Tell me something I don't know, smartass."); }
if($text=~/ready/i){quest::say("Take this. You will need it."); quest::rain(1); }
}

DeletedUser
04-12-2004, 07:35 AM
It didn't work...But i may have an idea. the stuff at the bottom, that says ID:3 and A_Gnomish_Guide

Its all setup correctly, but do i need to include it or can it just be the whole pl file is exactly what you posted.

Other than that, do you have any other ideas.

By the way, thanks very much for the quick response.

cofruben
04-12-2004, 07:37 AM
sorry look again,put bad code,edited

DeletedUser
04-12-2004, 07:38 AM
gonna try it now and thanks again you are most helpful!

DeletedUser
04-12-2004, 07:42 AM
hmmm.... still not working...maybe i am doing something wrong. I have another quest in the zone and it works fine...

Here is what I have...tell me if there is something wrong

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Welcome to EQEmu! Get your bearings and go pick up some supplies while you visit this haven. When you are [ready], I will instruct you further."); quest::givecash (8,4,3,1); }
if($text=~/ready/i){quest::say("Take this. You will need it."); quest::rain(1); }

thanks

cofruben
04-12-2004, 07:44 AM
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
You forgot last '}'.

Name of the quest should be 3.pl (3 is your npc_type id)
and it should be saved in quest/tutorial/3.pl I guess

DeletedUser
04-12-2004, 07:50 AM
thanks for your help, its not working though...hmmm thats weird and i go up to the gnomish banker and hail him and he reacts to me. All the gnomish guide does it turn towards me...

Anyother suggestions and thank you sir for your help or if anyone could give me an example of a working quest with rain it would be much appriciated...

DeletedUser
04-12-2004, 07:51 AM
FYI, the gnomish banker is:

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("I can hold your money when you don't want to carry it around with you..."); }
}
#END of FILE Zone:tutorial ID:2 -- A_Gnomish_Banker

cofruben
04-12-2004, 08:08 AM
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail/i){quest::("Hi."); quest::rain(1); }
}

this should work.Oh,directory is quests,not quest.

nattini
04-12-2004, 09:18 AM
at a quick glance, it looks like you're doing everything correctly. here something to try though, which may or may not help you.

With my particular version of perl, no script i wrote would work unless I ended the file with a few extra blank lines. i.e. hitting enter twice after the comment line describing the NPC. If I deleted those two lines it stopped working altogether - but never threw an error. Parhaps it has something to do with the differences between *nix and MS newline characters and carrige returns? <shrug>

-nattini

DeletedUser
04-12-2004, 09:36 AM
are you talking about before the
ID:3 ---Gnomish Banker

or after it?

nattini
04-12-2004, 10:06 AM
after. at the very end of the file after the line with the NPC name.

but like i said - it might not be related. I hadn't seen any mention of it on the boards so I assumed it was a problem specific to my particular version of perl... (but oddly all of quests i downloaded had those 2 extra lines at the end)

-nattini

Monrezz
04-12-2004, 10:14 AM
I think rain() is broken, try removing that and see.

*EDIT* Or try this:

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Welcome to EQEmu! Get your bearings and go pick up some supplies while you visit this haven. When you are [ready] I will instruct you further.");
quest::givecash (8,4,3,1);
}

if ($text=~/small/i)
{
quest::say("Tell me something I don't know, smartass.");
}

if ($text=~/ready/i)
{
quest::say("Take this. You will need it.");
quest::rain(1);
}
}