PDA

View Full Version : Error when running under linux

whitetigr
04-20-2002, 09:47 AM
When running your server compiled under linux (2.2.19) and using MySQL 3.23.39, I get the following errors...

--------[begin cut]----------
Error #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Error in PopulateZoneLists query 'SELECT MAX(id) FROM items' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
done.
--------[end cut]-----------

However, when I run the server with the windows executables and access the same MySQL database, everything works fine.

I am unsure what to do to correct this error, as the SQLdb works fine for everything else that I am using it for.

Any ideas?

theCoder
04-20-2002, 03:40 PM
It could be a problem with the db.ini file (you did edit it to specify the db server, etc, right?). I think that sometimes the EMU has trouble reading the file if it has Windows-style end-of-lines instead of the (correct) unix-style end-of-lines. I know this used to be a problem, but I thought it was fixed. I know my db.ini file has UNIX EOLs.

Even if this isn't the problem, it's probably something with the db.ini file or the EMU not getting the correct settings (since the Windows version worked). Where is the mysql database server? On the same machine, or a different one? Are the permissions set up correctly?