PDA

View Full Version : web Quest Directory

smogo
04-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Quest Repository Central now open.

Thanks to recent offer from the dev team, a new web site, targeting server ops and world builders, has been created. The link is :
http://quests.eqemulator.net/cgi-bin/news.cgi/
http://quests.eqemulator.net/images/scr-news.jpg

What it is :
a web site to share all development information about quests.

It's still under construction, while there are already several features available :
- News : digest of EQEMu news, quest oriented, plus specific news
- FAQ : all questions about quests, how to get them running, what commmon error and solutions, quests sources ...
- file download : tools, quest sources, code upgrades
- Guides and references : updated guides to the quests systems
- links : both developpement and informative resources
- CVS of latest eqemu code, tainted with recent quest-specific improvements and code fixes. Now curent with 0.5.6 ;)

Still under (heavy) work :
- Guest book : give your opinion, on what you like or don't like in the site, and what you wish added.
- Bug tracking system.
- Tools list and download
- Templates : offer convenient templates for quick quest wirtting and reuse
- Code tracks : focus on some part of the code, related to quests ; how to add functionnality ...
- Quest reference : list of quests, enhanced with search tools, and tied to EQEMu server data ; this means click and get access to all information related to a quest.

And more ideas to come. But yet the TODO list is quite big, so i would not start making promises :).

Enjoy.

smogo
04-21-2004, 04:39 AM
Recent changes :

- merged into CVS : sandy's EVENT_HP, m0oni9's C callback function, cofruben's setldonpoints. Also this code is under tag HEAD (the default). Request a diff between 'HEAD' and 'dev', or 'HEAD' and 'version-xxxxx' to see changes

- new reference layout : events, variables, and functions updated. included EVENT_SIGNAL, EVENT_HP, ... Now current with 0.5.6 and alpha version. Alpha is key word for latest ('HEAD') Quests CVS version

- some (cosmetic) changes to 'links' and 'files' pages.

Richardo
04-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Very Nice Work!

Scorpious2k
04-22-2004, 04:59 AM
In case you wanted some more things to play with, here is something being tested on our server and destined for cvs when testing is complete...

modification to the signal() command to signal all npcs of the same id

in parser.cpp Parser::ExCommands change this

else if (!strcmp(strlwr(command),"signal"))
{ // signal(npcid) - generates EVENT_SIGNAL on specified npc
int snpc=atoi(arglist[0]);
if (snpc<1)
{
printf("signal() bad npcid=%i\n",snpc);
}
else
{
Mob* signalnpc;
signalnpc=entity_list.GetMobByNpcTypeID(snpc);
if (signalnpc==0)
{
printf("signal() npcid not found=%i\n",snpc);
}
else
{
signalnpc->signaled=true;
}
}
}

to this:

else if (!strcmp(strlwr(command),"signal"))
{ // signal(npcid) - generates EVENT_SIGNAL on specified npc
int snpc=atoi(arglist[0]);
if (snpc<1)
{
printf("signal() bad npcid=%i\n",snpc);
}
else
{
Mob* signalnpc=0;

entity_list.SignalMobsByNPCID(snpc);

}
}

in entity.cpp after EntityList::ClearFeignAggro add this

void EntityList::SignalMobsByNPCID(int32 snpc)
{
LinkedListIterator<Mob*> iterator(mob_list);

iterator.Reset();
while(iterator.MoreElements())
{
if (iterator.GetData()->GetNPCTypeID() == snpc)
{
iterator.GetData()->signaled=true;
}
iterator.Advance();
}
}

and in entity.h before this

void CountNPC(int32* NPCCount, int32* NPCLootCount, int32* gmspawntype_count);
void DoZoneDump(ZSDump_Spawn2* spawn2dump, ZSDump_NPC* npcdump, ZSDump_NPC_Loot* npclootdump, NPCType* gmspawntype_dump);
void RemoveEntity(int16 id);
void SendPetitionToAdmins(Petition* pet);
void SendPetitionToAdmins();

add this

void SignalMobsByNPCID(int32 snpc);

smogo
04-22-2004, 06:21 AM
Thanks, it's just been added to Quests CVS.

Note regarding Quests CVS usage :
- it's actually a CVS, intended to allow Concurrent updates, and Versionning.
- It means you get easy and fast access to changes made to files, with full diff and version information.
- It is NOT intended for full distribution, for the following reasons :

* EQEMu official releases are handled on sourceforge.net, or with links on these forums. There is the code for which you can get support. The Quests repository is NOT a branch of the eqemu devs.
* Code in Quests CVS is very alpha : i can't check it all, and even then only on *nix system. What i can tell is the server runs, but not that it's safe, or even does what it says.
* You don't always want to upgrade your server's code with all changes made to Quests Alpha. Thus diff format per source file is convenient. Full snapshot tarball, or binaries release, would be useless in the sense the repository was made

Since this is clear, now, all contributions and questions are very much welcome. :)

We can't allow anonymous access to Quests CVS, mainly for technical reasons. However, all submissions will be considered and added to the repository.

smogo
04-22-2004, 03:44 PM
A bug tracking system has been added. Though not a 'professional quality' one, we hope it can help tracking Quests bugs in the EQEMu project.

It's still much hand held, but at least you could find a central point to know if a bug can hinder your server.

Do not hesitate to post a bug when you've found one.
Direct link here (http://quests.eqemulator.net/cgi-bin/bugtrack.cgi) or in the Reference menu or Quests repository (http://quests.eqemulator.net/cgi-bin/news.cgi)

Thanks for you contributions !

smogo
05-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Well, nothing much last week ...

merged in EVENT_AGGRO and EVENT_RANGE. I can check that they are triggered, and the load is not big on zone servers. But not sure EVENT_HP end EVENT_RANGE work well for now. I'd like to hear if someone gets results from these events, as i dont have the client running well

Talking about CVS, quest CVs is open anonymous read only using pserver :
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@80.153.101.102/var/lib/cvs login
password is empty, like on sourceforge : hit enter
replace ip address with the one you get from main site link for cvsweb (sry for that, it's dynamic ip, changes every day :/)

I planned adding more C functions to perl quets, but yet did not get time for that. If someone has a wish list, i'll try to do it. Even better, you can submit in the forums, i'll merge them.

EQEMu merge : i wont merge until 0.5.7rc1, unless it's really appealling (like mixed changes to quest realted files)

more to do :
- guest book, for pple to chat
- link those damn quest scenarii to real perl quests
- setup .qst area

'later

NarutoLegacy
05-05-2004, 11:01 AM
A bug tracking system has been added. Though not a 'professional quality' one, we hope it can help tracking Quests bugs in the EQEMu project.

It's still much hand held, but at least you could find a central point to know if a bug can hinder your server.

Do not hesitate to post a bug when you've found one.
Direct link here (http://quests.eqemulator.net/cgi-bin/bugtrack.cgi) or in the Reference menu or Quests repository (http://quests.eqemulator.net/cgi-bin/news.cgi)

Thanks for you contributions !

It is professional quality, great job on the site!

Zintac
06-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Is This web site still around?

Thanks

Zin

Virus11
06-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Try for yourself =P

sotonin
07-18-2004, 03:06 AM
I get internal server error. The web-site appears down (

Cisyouc
07-18-2004, 04:37 AM
ive always gotten an internal error.

Maldian
08-11-2004, 01:15 AM
Is this ever going to have an address that works?

smogo
08-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Haya kids,

the site was frozen while i was away, and down after EQEmu server were attacked late june. i hope to make it back in September.

Cya

sotonin
08-16-2004, 11:26 AM
awesome glad to hear it smogo!

Sensu-Bean
08-16-2004, 01:08 PM
looking forward to it smogo.