PDA

View Full Version : CFG Collector v1.00

Lyenu X`Arie
04-20-2002, 05:22 PM
This program will make .cfg files for the emu. Read the readme.txt for information on how to use it. Also I request that if you use this you upload any new .cfg files you get so that everyone else may use them and we can add them to the Emu. Thanks =)

Also this is *NOT* a supported release and you MUST have a EQLive account to use it.

http://lyenu.crimsonlayer.net/releases/CfgCollector/CfgCollector.zip

Lurker_005
04-20-2002, 06:04 PM
Sweet, will it grab the safe spot too? (even if not sent there)

Lyenu X`Arie
04-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Yes, it will make the whole .cfg file for you =) That includes stuf flike sky..fog..clipplane for fog.. safe locs, all of that good stuff =) Also it helps A LOT with CTD

Shin Noir
04-24-2002, 08:41 AM
Got it running on a 2nd box, I don't see any results. No sniffin' .. Pretty sure I got everything right.
Oh btw note that you need http://winpcap.polito.it/install/default.htm
else you get a DLL cannot be found error.

Lurker_005
04-24-2002, 09:19 AM
If it is anything like SEQ, you need to use a HUB and not a SWITCH to network your computers, or the second box will never see any of the network trafic.

devn00b
04-24-2002, 09:50 AM
Same problem. Ive used my external ip (not networked) and ive also tryed using the ip of my network card (dsl modem routes through there). and its not picking anything up at all

Lurker_005
04-24-2002, 10:11 AM
The IP should be your actual LAN IP 192.168.x.x most likely.

You may also be able to run it on the same machine as EQ if you don't have a second machine, or hub. But I am not positive.

Trumpcard
04-24-2002, 10:19 AM
I would guess that this is based on packetcollector, in which case you run it on your EQ machine.. Do an ipconfig and get your ip address and run it on your eq machine with that...

Shin Noir
04-24-2002, 04:33 PM
I have a small 4 port hub running as of now, and I know I can do packet sniffing with it. I have another linux box that runs showEQ for me and it works perfectly fine... So I don't think that's the problem.

Gino
04-25-2002, 05:32 PM
Im well aware that it is an unsupported release, i got a question non the less.

Are the zonename.cfg files meant to be used with rel 0.3.1.1 ?

I have no problems getting the tool to work, but if i copy the produced cfg files into my server folder, and go to such a zone with a new cfg file, im getting spammed with "player is beneath the world , returning to savepoint" msg`s.

But afaik i am at the Savepoint, i can turn around and everything looks just fine. But i cant move cause im getting permanently warped to this spot all the time, moving or not.

Any idea ?

PS : Attached dreadlands.cfg for testing.

Lyenu X`Arie
05-12-2002, 08:09 AM
That sounds like an error with the emu. Config files do not control aspects like that or make you warp back to the safe spot. (Sorry this is a late reply, but when I read it I felt the need to respond to this issue.

Lurker_005
05-12-2002, 05:02 PM
Actually bad cfg files will do this. If the below the world value is above the safe point.... loop

Lyenu X`Arie
05-12-2002, 05:40 PM
Yeah true that, but it doesn't use the safe coordinates from the .cfg file unless you have them turned on ;-) Anyways =D