PDA

View Full Version : Some bugs/comments - bard songs, undead, the XP bar, and zon

Drawde
01-27-2002, 03:05 AM
This isn't meant as a complaint but feedback/constructive criticism for bugs/problems that
could be fixed (if they haven't already been).
Most Bard songs/spells do not work properly, producing a message "I don't know that TargetType - 0x3".
I assume this TargetType means the entire group/party as most Bard songs affect the entire party.
Until grouping is implemented, maybe it could be changed so that the spell type 0x3 affects only the target.

Secondly, I noticed that spells and effects meant to be undead-only, e.g Spook the Dead, do not work,
producing the message "This spell only works on undead creatures" even if it is a skeleton, mummy etc. I assume
there's an Undead flag in the data for NPC types (in regular EQ that is), is there any way to find out where this
is stored? Then it could either be put in the npc_types data in the DB, or automatically set by the emulator for
monsters like skeletons (60), zombies (70) etc.

Thirdly, the experience bar doesn't seem to correctly display the amount of XP you have. You need to fill it up
about 3 times before you get to level 2 (resulting in the bar extending beyond the edge of the interface onto the 3D
window) and once you're level 2 or higher the bar is entirely orange so you've no idea how much experience you have.
I've no idea how much of this is client-side or server-side however.

I've also noticed an odd thing with zone points, ones solely in the DB don't seem to work (as many people have found)
but there are hard-coded ones which do - however, solely hard-coded zone points don't allow you to zone, giving a
"this zone server is down" message. But if there is a DB zone point at the same location, then you can zone. Very
strange.