PDA

View Full Version : Quest DING sound?

Gossamer
04-27-2004, 06:05 PM
How can I make it so when you complete a quest you get the sound like on live?
Thanks in advance!

smogo
04-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Hu ?

i'm not even sure the server can tell the client to play any sound ... like Client::doSound(x) function. When this exists, it has to be mapped to a quest command.

So, afaik, short answer is : atm, you can't. :(

animepimp
04-28-2004, 02:31 AM
Well, obviously it must be possible for the server to tell the client to make a sound since it does on live. But that hasn't been implemented yet here. Has anybody packet collected finishing a quest so that we at least know what the server sends when you finish one?

Aquelin
05-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Well, obviously it must be possible for the server to tell the client to make a sound since it does on live. But that hasn't been implemented yet here. Has anybody packet collected finishing a quest so that we at least know what the server sends when you finish one?

You obviously are unsure of what you are talking about. The quest system on the emulator differs from live 100%, so how the client would call an event/sound would be entirely different. In anycase, I don't think a "ding" sound is so crucial that people would take time to PC anything on it.

Rogean
05-02-2004, 11:04 AM
I actually took time to find it.. =(. I still have the PC For it if anyone wants to take a look through it, but i gave up after 5-10 minutes.

animepimp
05-02-2004, 12:42 PM
You obviously are unsure of what you are talking about. The quest system on the emulator differs from live 100%, so how the client would call an event/sound would be entirely different. In anycase, I don't think a "ding" sound is so crucial that people would take time to PC anything on it.

Actually the way it would call it on the client would be exactly the same since there is only one way to call it on the client and that is to send it a packet with certain information in it that tells the client to play a sound. We would jsut have to packet collect that info to find out what it is and write a quest method that sends that exact data. I agree with you that its not crucial, but other people probably don't and if they want to go and do it then we should help them out by informing them of what needs to be done.

cofruben
05-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Yeah there are some quest functions in eqlive that when you complete a quest,it makes a sound,i will look for it later and try to collect.

waternorth
05-05-2004, 12:01 AM
Do you realize that this could lead to something MUCH bigger? We could add voice-overs for the text if we could somehow get it to the client through a patch. This would be going to exactly what EQ2 is doing.

farce
05-05-2004, 08:26 AM
hate to burst your bubbles, but the quest sound is triggered by the client when you get Exp. so give out a bit of exp at quest completion to get the sound.

RangerDown
05-05-2004, 09:41 AM
I've had the sound play on me when I didn't get any xp. Can you do that by telling it to give 0 xp?

NarutoLegacy
05-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Or try 0.0000000000000001, something like that, then make it trigger a sound file in peoples eq folder.

animepimp
05-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Actually that sound you are thinking of only triggers when you gain a level from xp. But there is a soudn on EQ that triggers when you complete a quest, I believe they are the same sound with multiple trigger conditions, but its been a while so I can't be sure.

Gossamer
05-05-2004, 03:54 PM
The sound is also made when you obtain a new AA point. Just FYI

NarutoLegacy
05-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Maybe make them gain a level then go down a level? But then the xp will be fooked up.

RangerDown
05-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Maybe make them gain a level then go down a level? But then the xp will be fooked up

He was not talking about that sound. The other one. Not the leveling "ding" sound... the quest completion "ta, ta ta ta tadaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!" one.

^ ^ ^
Silly? Prolly, but if it finally gets the point across and gets everybody on the same page, it was worth it.

Gossamer
05-09-2004, 02:53 AM
*EDITED*
Oops. Ignore this message, I messed up :P

Swampdog
05-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Yeah RangerDown... I think that is the same sound that triggers at the completion of an adventure as well but can't remember offhand. Definitely different than the ding sound though.. :)

I agree that its not a crucial part of gameplay but whenever someone figures it out, post how ya did it... :P

cofruben
05-20-2004, 03:37 AM
give four orc belts to the captain in west freeport(in eqlive) and you can check it.

cofruben
07-26-2004, 10:02 AM
ok done,you can do it with quest::ding();