PDA

View Full Version : Creating a mule :) -- Reputation and Followers

Malevolent
04-22-2002, 02:00 AM
One of the aspects of the SW RPG (I'm an avid SW P/P RPG fan :) is the ability for a player to take on followers. I've also seen some of the gorgeous screenshots of Dungeon Seige, but I've really noted the ones that have a pack mule. Doing some hotfixes this morning with the cult code got me thinking, what if your reputation earned a mule -- after all, it is easy to setup an npc to follow you around, and to flag it as a bank too.

When you zone into a realm, typically your faction data is determined. Thus, using that faction data, if you have high enough faction with the locals, a single pack mule (that functions as a banker) comes out to follow you around.

So.. If your faction is maxed, then spawn a npctype of that faction, and send it to follow you around (with checks to make sure only 1 mule follows you).

Shouldn't be that bad, I've got 3/4 of it already done =P

--MV

Drawde
04-22-2002, 02:09 AM
Hmm, maybe also #makepet will allow you to create a Banker class pet? I'll have to try that out.

Malevolent
04-22-2002, 02:11 AM
Need to add a new spell into the game: Summon Mule :P

Beers218
04-23-2002, 03:22 PM
BAH!

How about summon: Midget!

Summons a lvl 60 almost-as-tall-as-a-gnome euridite with random textures also with 4000hps.

Its a whole different pet type too!

Also made a spell, summon: midget companion that summons the thing. Attached that to an item called THE BOX OF MIDGETS!

Uber Eh? :D :D :D :D

Baron Sprite
04-23-2002, 05:28 PM
hey mal, how about through fear? If a mob is alot lower then you (35-40 levels) and you have bad faction, why not make it your loot slave by fear of being killed? Could have it so you say a phrase or a command, and the monster randomly decides to be your loot slave, attacks you, or runs in terror ;)