PDA

View Full Version : Quests directory structure

Charmy
05-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Total newb question, but when making peral quest scripts it says to put the NPCID.pl file in quests/zonesn/NPCID.pl

is zonesn = the zones short name? i.e. for a quest in the nexus you would put quests/nexus/12345.pl right? or is this wrong. and secondly is the source for a peral enabled zone.exe built into the normal source release and perhaps just commented out? or do i need to get the source from another place.. and i would really like to get the source so i can edit a few of the source files before compile. thanks in advanced.

Charmy
05-09-2004, 05:39 PM
no one knows? i want to try testing the quest system and all my attempts have failed, i ahve a zone.exe that is peral enabled but none of my qeusts work, so just wondering if anyone knows how the structure of the quests directory is suppose to be.. any info will really help =)

Thanks again.

mangoo
05-09-2004, 06:11 PM
is zonesn = the zones short name? i.e. for a quest in the nexus you would put quests/nexus/12345.pl right?

You are correct, zonesn is the zone short name.

and secondly is the source for a peral enabled zone.exe built into the normal source release and perhaps just commented out?

Not sure about this, haven't worked with the emulator since before the perl quests.

Charmy
05-10-2004, 07:40 AM
hmm. and he qst type quests? do these need to be enabled like the peral ones? although i like the way the peral scripts are written better than the qst, but if i must i will use that as long as it works with my own compiled version of zone.exe

Lurker_005
05-10-2004, 06:20 PM
zone.exe can be compiled to use the qst or the perl format depending on the option selected at compile time. It will be one or the other.

Charmy
05-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Where in the code do i select which i want to do? is it somewhere standing out where i should be seeing it just skimming the code or is there some place where i set it and its halfway hidden? anyway thanks all for the help up till now =)

sandy
05-10-2004, 11:49 PM
it's in the project settings

to enable perl :
- you have to add in c/c++ -> general -> preprocessor definitions :
EMBPERL
- you have to add in c/c++ -> preprocessor -> include additional directory : your perl/lib/core directory, for me it is :
d:\eqemu\perl\lib\core
- same in link -> input -> additional library path :
d:\eqemu\perl\lib\core

and you finally have to add the embparser and embperl files found in the source zone directory to the project

it is better explained here :
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12827

Charmy
05-11-2004, 05:59 AM
Thanks once again =)