PDA

View Full Version : please, i need help for quest.....

xena68
05-17-2004, 10:15 AM
hi all.

tried all the day long to find an answer, but couldn't....

i run a server with perl enabled
when i launch boot5zone, at the end i can see this message:
status: warning- plugin.pl: Perl runtime error: open plugin.pl No such file or dirrectory at eval 3 line. 1

i saw in another post that this is only a WARNING and i can run the game .

the problem is: if i create a 'default.pl' in '\eqemu\quests\' folder, the quest works fine (for all npc).
but if i do the same quest in 'eqemu\quests\zonesn\' and call it 'npcid.pl' , then when i go to 'zonesn' in the game and i speak to 'npcid', nothing happen..........

please, why is there only the default.pl working ?

i use perl 5.8

ps: please, if anyone can help me with the 'plugin.pl' to, i'll be really happy, i don't know what i have to write in it to make it work, and i don't know where i have to save this file..........i know, i'm stupid, but i'd really like to make a working server.........

smogo
05-17-2004, 10:51 AM
can't remember for sure, but plugin.pl missing might be source of your troubles.

Just add one :) ! The plugin.pl can be just an empty file ; to create it, create new text file, empty, and rename it "plugin.pl". Also you should create a"\eqemu\plugins" directory, that you can leave empty.

i hope this helps

xena68
05-17-2004, 11:36 AM
thank you Smogo for this help.

warning plugin.pl no more seen in zone windows.

but i have no much luck with the quests.

'default.pl' works, i can hail every npc in the game and they answer me, but no 'npcid.pl' quest works.(i tried in 'eqemu\quests\zonesn' and in 'eqemu\quests'), i though this could maybe fix my prob but no..:o(
i really don't understand what i'm doing wrong...........

xena68
05-18-2004, 12:32 AM
please, is there anything to do to say perl where files are located ?
really don't understand why only default.pl works,searched for more than 24 hours now , i'm going crazy (if i'm not already).

Swampdog
05-18-2004, 06:31 AM
Are you creating your npcid.pl files and then starting the server from scratch or are you creating the files while in world? I'm not sure how all the experts here are doing it but I found if I booted my client session from the world and then clossed the zone process in which the new quest npc was located that it worked when I started a fresh client and since the quests hadn't been loaded in that process, it loaded it fresh.

Also watch your zone process when your character is loading into the zone. It could also be that you have an error in your perl code. This happened with mine a lot until I realized the sample code I copied from the post had the =~ reversed in the logic and the perl compiler didn't like it.

Just some thoughts.... :wink:

ndnet
05-18-2004, 06:33 AM
Okay, let's see..

1.) Paste in a copy of a ####.pl quest file so we can see if there is maybe something wrong with that, specifically.

2.) Paste in the output from your zone.exe starting up and booting a zone containing a quest file that isn't working.

That oughta be a start on seeing what's wrong, anywho.

animepimp
05-18-2004, 07:30 AM
You can try using #reloadqst when the mob is targetted. That is supposed to reboot the quests for that mob. It may or may not help, it is designed so you can change quests without rebooting, but it may force the mob to load its quest instead of the default one or at least possibly give you an error message.

xena68
05-18-2004, 11:02 AM
ho
i have to thank you for all this answers, that's very kind of you.

finally got my quests work with this release of perl:ActivePerl-5.8.3.809-MSWin32-x86

don't know what happened with 5.8.2, bah, nevermind, everything's ok now.

really, thank you again, hope i didn't make you all loosing your time. :oops: