PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt at Blackburrow.

meliudaj
04-22-2002, 04:59 PM
Could I get you to take a look at this and see what all I'm doing wrong.

(just assumeing I am :-)

I had to do ALOT more manual then I expected to do in this. With all the logs and other DB's around that have Blackburrow done. But that is my own doing I suppose.

Lurker_005
04-22-2002, 05:13 PM
Just glancing at it, you need to captalize Warrior Drawde's program is very picky regarding the zone and class strings you use, they must be exact.

Make sure you put the exact number of lines for EQNPC to parse (total lines munus 1 for the NumNPC line) Otherwise it puts some bogus entries in one of the tables.

You have to divide Z by 10 :( throwing it into excel is the easiest way for me. Plus I then set the HP in there too. Be sure to round these values.

And reverse the X and Y values.

There I think that covers it...

Lurker_005
04-22-2002, 05:30 PM
Here is a corrected version.

To use it with the 3.1.1 db.sql you will need to do a search and replace on the spawns2.txt file

search for );
replace with ,0,0,0,0,0);

That adds the new columns to that table

meliudaj
04-23-2002, 01:53 AM
Ok the X, Y switch I was aware of... Also the Z / 10. I just forgot to do them.. was a bit to friggin tired.

Any way did you build your Blackburrow off mine, or did you have one?

Also too, So far I have found a way to do almost EVERY thing inside Access. I'm not sure why, I'm shooting for that goal. Personally I hate Access.... I just know how to use it :-)

I tried to make up HP, and Class, useing averages,and guestimates from like Drawde's DB. Is this a good way to do it?

Oh yeah... one more big question... How does the DB handle things like size. In so many places I just saw it left at zero. Is this default size, or just a REALLY small gnoll?

Same question for things like faction, lootable. Unset = DB crash, or some Default?

Lurker_005
04-23-2002, 07:26 AM
The blackburrow I posted is a copy of yours, with the changes i mentioned.

If you can get Access to do everything you need, then use it :)

For HP I played around till I found a formula I liked for level 1 thru 100 but with close attention to 1 thru 60 This works fine for your average mobs, but usually won't be that great for "epic" mobs and his minions around him.

Size seems to be 0 for a default, I think this is the same a s 6... I havn't really tested it :p

You can't leave anything empty. If in doubt use 0, and for the usedspells and specialattack fields use '' or ' ' (2 single quotes with or without a space between them)

meliudaj
04-23-2002, 04:46 PM
Here it is again... EQSpawn.txt for Blackburrow.

Much cleaner...
Fixed:
Most all Textures.
All known spawn spots (just a couple rares may be missing)
Added the Rat and Bear spawn.

Walked threw alot and found NO out of place spawns.

This is still in DB 0.3.0 format. If you still have that around you wana take a bit to look at it and tell me if you see anything wack.

also a BIG question... How can I do the equivalent to these commands from a dos promt???

mysql>drop database test;
mysql>create database test;
mysql>use test (have an idea on this one.. but please clarify)
mysql>source db.sql (have an idea on this one.. but please clarify)

Thanks again.

Baron Sprite
04-23-2002, 05:20 PM
YES BLACKBURROW!!!! I love that zone so much... can you tell my first char was a barb ;) nothing quite topped the tension entering bb for the first time... those were the days, when everything was new :( ok time for me to stop being nostalgic, good work :D

Trumpcard
04-24-2002, 12:17 AM
Me too, blackburrow has a soft spot in my heart, as does everfrost.. I wish I could go back to those days, when every new piece of patchwork armor was a true treasure!

I remember tiptoing into blackburrow at level 5 for the 1st time with my 1st character, a barbarian warrior, thinking I was the meanest guy on the planet because someone had just given me a Tarnished 2 hander.

I think thats what I miss most, those early days of discovery,when every new monument or piece of the landscape was a discovery.. Thats also one of the things that Im really looking forward to with all the alternate ideas that are coming around , new worlds, new quests, new things to discover.

Ive been toying around with basing my server around the Sword of Shannara series by Terry Brooks.. I think what Jay's doing with the Tolkien based server is great, Im really looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Ive gone WAY offtopic, sorry about that.. Blackburrow is making me go wayyyy back.

Back on topic, great job M ! Im looking forward to loading this up when I get home and checking out your Object d'arte!

meliudaj
04-24-2002, 02:16 AM
Your in luck Trump... Everfrost is one of my next 2 targets :-)

Drawde
04-24-2002, 02:21 AM
My latest DB release has a lot of improvements in Blackburrow with Z fixes (thanks to Trumpcard's spawnlog) and a few missing spawns added. Haven't checked it out in-game yet though.

meliudaj
04-24-2002, 02:27 AM
I build mine off his SEQ loggs as well... so I'm willing to bet they are very much alike.. The only diff I can think is what spawns did you manualy add?

Also did you change the gnolls to texture 2 so they look like good old Blackburrow gnolls?

That and gnoll pup sizes I took to 4.

Thats they only thing I can imagine different.

Lurker_005
04-24-2002, 05:30 AM
meliudaj,

Just put command you would want to run many times in a file

drop database test;
create database test;
use test
source db.sql

Then mysql -f mysql < resource-db.sql

I am pretty sure you have to specify a DB in the last line there. But you can't specify the one you want to drop. You can try it without listing the DB, but i don't know if that works.

Lurker_005
04-24-2002, 05:34 AM
also here is a batch file you cn put in your EQNPC output dir, and run from there. You can hardcode the DB name if you want, or just call it with a shortcut, and add the db name to the command line there.

*deleted atachment, see post further down for a newer copy*

meliudaj
04-24-2002, 06:13 AM
echo off
cd \
echo "Copying c:\online\worldshare\output\* to c:\mysql\bin\*"

echo on
copy /Y \online\worldshare\output \mysql\bin
echo off

cd C:\mysql\bin

REM Exporting tables account, authentication, and character_
mysqldump test account > account.txt
mysqldump test authentication > authentication.txt
mysqldump test character_ > character_.txt

echo "Please Drop, Re-create, and Re-souce db.sql into database test"
echo "mysql>drop database test;"
echo "myswl>create database test;"
echo "mysql>use test"
echo "mysql>source db.sql"
echo "mysql>exit"

c:\mysql\bin\mysql.exe

Problem spot

echo "Sourceing in faction_list.txt, loot.txt, merchantlist.txt, npc_faction.txt, npc_types.txt, sawn2.txt, spawnentry.txt, and spawngroup.txt"

mysql -f test < faction_list.txt
mysql -f test < loot.txt
mysql -f test < merchantlist.txt
mysql -f test < npc_faction.txt
mysql -f test < npc_types.txt
mysql -f test < spawn2.txt
mysql -f test < spawnentry.txt
mysql -f test < spawngroup.txt
mysql -f test < account.txt
mysql -f test < authentication.txt
mysql -f test < character_.txt

echo "There test DB is now updated with your most resent EQSpawn output data from the worldshare directory"

cd \mysql\bin

meliudaj
04-24-2002, 06:48 AM
Drawde:

Got a chance to load your 0.85 over lunch here. Your right you did get a fe changes made. But you still have about 10-15 safe spoted mob's.

If you get a chance take a look in there. As well take a look in mine if you have time.

meliudaj
04-24-2002, 06:52 AM
My ToDo list for Blackburrow:

Zone lines. (I have seen these working on other zones... I'm guessing I can figure this out rather easy right? Any tricks your aware of would be great)

Put in the 4 Doors. (same as zone lines.)

Do a little tweaking on textures + add more gnoll shammen. The SEQlog of trumps just didn't have many spawned at the time I guess.

Lurker_005
04-24-2002, 07:04 AM
zone lines may not work for all zones, it is reported that the info has to be in the DB as well as the zone files... And I am not sure what has changed recently (the db table raw_zonepoints)

Lurker_005
04-24-2002, 07:15 AM
hmm that was an older import.bat, sorry, here is a newer one based off the one in my 0.25 DB file.

Comment out or add what you need to delete or load

Jartik
04-24-2002, 09:17 AM
Blackburrow would be an exellent zone to have, can't wait :)

meliudaj
04-25-2002, 05:50 PM
Well Me and another friend went threw testing Blackburrow a bunch to night..... Its a rather interesting fight do to how hard a green can hit you... but stuff really seems to be in the right spots accross the board... the rest is just balancing..

Its the same version I posted earlier in this thread, so please grab it and throw it into your DB's if your building.

Going to keep fine tuneing it for practice and ideas.... Question.

What Norath zone should I do next? (prefer west/ N. West Norath) Was thinking Karana's??

Trumpcard
04-25-2002, 11:50 PM
Hmm.. Dont have a map to see whats west/northwest..

Heres my top list from the old world..

Permafrost
Befallen
Mistmoore
South Karana

meliudaj
04-26-2002, 02:06 AM
Permafrost Drawde has done pretty good in his .85 DB.... I think I'm going to leave that one to him.

befallen, mistmoore: Personal dislike tword them... but voice hear

S. Karana...... Ok 1 vote for it.

Trumpcard
04-26-2002, 02:16 AM
I just love mistmoore trains :-)

Lurker_005
04-26-2002, 09:18 AM
I am pretty sure I did befallen, I'll have to check at home...

meliudaj
04-26-2002, 09:34 AM
have you gotten a chance to load this Blackburrow yet lurker? I would really like some second opinions on the work done.

Also your vote is saught after here Ariak and Drawde, as I really don't like redoing others work.

Trumpcard
04-26-2002, 09:36 AM
Has there been anymore discussion on making the Worldbuilder team, and assigning zones so theres no run over?

meliudaj
04-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Replied here (http://www.eqemu.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=9026#post9026)